Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French bus driver slaps teenager for disrespect

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,099 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

mad muffin wrote: »
    I don’t condone hitting a child or anyone for that matter. But civil disobedience is at all time high, in western countries.

As populations grow, and cities get more crowded, kids are getting out of control. We need to have a zero tolerance approach to this. The likes of kids running in traffic and being disrespectful to all around them. Gathering in large crowds and being roundly must come to a stop.

We need to take a leaf of Singapore and punish these kids for the smallest infraction. Of course in Singapore respect is taught at home , and at school. Something that we in the West as a society, have totally given up on.

Too often now teachers will tell you it’s not there place to teach respect to kids, and parents don’t have the time or inclination.
    In fairness some parents don't many do and there are some great young people around me and in my wider family

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Theres no way you know unless that bus driver is a personal friend of yours and advises you of his work experiences. Union can present what they like. The court will only ( if it gets that far) deal with the incident of assualt.

Cool story brah.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

You forgot to add the link to the petition!

Well done the bus driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

MadDog76 wrote: »
    If he were my son I would kick the bus driver to death.

Sure ya would

From my long experience behind a bar counter people who talk the most do the least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Gobsh*te

I guess your a gobsh*te now for telling the truth about mass immigration. Not one person in that video is white ethnic French.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭topnotch

He grew up fast. I thought they only baptized him a few weeks back.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

ForestFire wrote: »
    This is the same bus driver that has just saved your child's life by his quick reactions, right?

The same "professional" driver who then went on to assault my child..... right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I guess your a gobsh*te now for telling the truth about mass immigration. Not one person in that video is white ethnic French.

This scene could have happened anywhere in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

So you are saying that the appropriate response is to give the little prick what he wants, a reaction.

Which will embolden him to do it again and again as long as he keeps getting a reaction. Idiotic.

Are you saying you wouldn't beep the horn at anyone causing a severe nusiance on the road. - Just ignore them and further empower them to do it again? What an idoitic concept.

The biggest 'negative reaction' of course would be to get out of your vechile and whack them. Ah but then the only problem is the huge social media (mixed) response, impending lawsuit, and job loss. Still such a great idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

JayZeus wrote:
    Cool story brah.

You made up the story about the drivers day to day experience, should be me complimenting you on your imagination.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Stephen15 wrote:

I've always found the French to being sallow skinned, but what has ethnicity got to do with a adult assualt a child? Are you suggesting it's a race crime?

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Sure ya would

From my long experience behind a bar counter people who talk the most do the least

Tell you what, why don't you pop around to mine and give one of my kids a slap so we can put your little theory to the test.....

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CountingR

There’s a lot of people on here taking the line that ‘I was hit as a child and it never did me any harm.’

However the majority of these people are currently on an internet discussion forum, arguing that a 12 child deserved to be hit, that he should have been hit harder to make it ‘worth it’, that he was a little prick etc. etc.

Hate to say it, but I think those couple of slaps may have done you more harm than you think! You do have a normalized view of something that would be unquestionably abhorrent to a lot of people. Publicly supporting an adult hitting a child (without even knowing the facts) seems like misplaced aggression more than anything else.

Anyway, he will probably lose his job, and probably should be prosecuted. Yes there are some shades of grey in this, but if you accept it in this instance then where do you draw them line? If the boy hadn’t given lip would he ‘deserve’ to be hit? If he had given cheek then what amount of cheekiness would mean the driver was in the wrong. Sorry, but you can’t go shades of grey in this one - adults can’t hit children. That’s one of the good rules!

Tell you what, why don't you pop around to mine and give one of my kids a slap so we can put your little theory to the test.....

You still haven't told us how you would discipline your son if he ran in front of a bus and then goaded the driver .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

CountingR wrote: »
    There’s a lot of people on here taking the line that ‘I was hit as a child and it never did me any harm.’

However the majority of these people are currently on an internet discussion forum, arguing that a 12 child deserved to be hit, that he should have been hit harder to make it ‘worth it’!

Brilliant summary. This thread has now reached it's natural conclusion. /end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

White Ethnic French.

So if your white and born in France you French and that's it. Those kids were born in France I'd say, They are French. You are a Gobshi*e if you believe you can tell "the Truth" about mass emigration in 2 sentences but you can show yourself to be a pitiful racist who should look into your own origins and see where your linage arrived from

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭ForestFire

The same "professional" driver who then went on to assault my child..... right.

The same child that showed no respect and even mocked the bus drive after a traumatic event...

You are going to beat him to DEATH for a slap?

I'm not saying what he did was right but you need to get a bit of perspective here and see the multiple wrongs of the child also.

Would I be happy if it was my child no. But I would let the bus drive know this, but also apologise for my sons behaviour and leave if at that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Im surprised you haven't zoned in on the the fact the driver has a beard I think, could be a Muslim go on boy let the hate flow, ohh hold on he could be a hipster

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    I've always found the French to being sallow skinned, but what has ethnicity got to do with a adult assualt a child? Are you suggesting it's a race crime?

Yes that's true but everyone in this video looks they are either from North or sub Saharan Africa. Not suggesting it's a race crime at all. It just looks to me like more immigrants first, second or third generation it doesn't matter causing trouble on the continent. These migrants shouldn't be there in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Yes that's true but everyone in this video looks they are either from North or sub Saharan Africa. Not suggesting it's a race crime at all. It just looks to me like more immigrants first, second or third generation it doesn't matter causing trouble on the continent. These migrants shouldn't be there in the first place.

If France hadn't colonised their countries they wouldn't be.

• Advertisement

ForestFire wrote: »
    The same child that showed no respect and even mocked the bus drive after a traumatic event...

You are going to beat him to DEATH for a slap?

I'm not saying what he did was right but you need to get a bit of perspective here and see the multiple wrongs of the child also.

Would I be happy if it was my child no. But I would let the bus drive know this, but also apologise for my sons behaviour and leave if at that.

I'm with the driver right up to the point he decided, as an adult and professional driver, to exit the bus and assault a 12 year old boy...... because a child carelessly ran out into the road? Because he dared to be the "big man" in front of his friends and give the driver a bit of cheek?? That has never happened to you whilst driving??? It's happened to me several times and yes it's frustrating and yes I've let an angry shout out towards the child but then I continued on my journey thankful that I was quick enough on the brakes to avoid hitting the kid..... never ever thought about getting out of the car and swinging at the child.

The driver should lose his job and be prosecuted...... he's not fit to continue on the road, he's a liability..... end of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Not only should he be sacked he should be arrested for assault as well.

Hoboo wrote: »

True but those decisions weren't made by ordinary French people who have seen their country destroyed by mass immigration. If Le Pen had of won you could be damn sure there'd be a reduction in this sort behaviour.

BBFAN wrote: »
    Not only should he be sacked he should be arrested for assault as well.

What do you think should be the boys punishment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭gw80

Hoboo wrote: »

Well that's not strictly true, is it, Ireland didn't colonise anywhere in sub Saharan Africa, but we have immigrants from that part of the world.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    What do you think should be the boys punishment ?

He should have his phone removed for a week, much worse punishment for a teenage boy than a slap anyway.

He should have his phone removed for a week, much worse punishment for a teenage boy than a slap anyway.

Personally I would also make him
    apologise to the driver and passengers of the bus

Personally I would also make him
    apologise to the driver and passengers of the bus

What's that got to do with someone deciding to assault him?

What's that got to do with someone deciding to assault him?

Pardon ? I don't understand your question

• Advertisement

Pardon ? I don't understand your question

You're now listing off the ways in which the child should be punished. What's that got to do with an assault.

Simple question.

Advertisement