Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French bus driver slaps teenager for disrespect

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    The kid ran out in front of a bus, stupid act but kids do stupid things all the time as do alot of adults. But describing him or any child as feral is bollixolgy.

I didnt refer to him as feral . I am referring to a general lack of dicipline or consequences of wrong doing is doing a child no favours at all
    Every country has a problem with feral gangs due to the lack of dicipline they grow up with . A 12 year old boy is very capable of feral behavour actually
    In principle I disagree with what the bus driver did but can't bring myself to be outraged to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

.. And if no video surfaced, no one would know about this, hence no discipline by any parents. Discipline is a word many parents simply don't know the meaning of. As we will see over the next 10-20 years.

D'ya reckon this is the first and only time this kid ever did anything wrong or crossed anyone? For all we know he could be the local scumbag that's constantly acting up.

Any child could accidentally wander in front of a bus, but the difference is the 'giving lip' to the driver part. Most kids are either shocked and don't react, or apologise profusely realising what has happened. Not give the driver attitude.

You do realise that the "kid gave lip" part is all hearsay for now? There is no proof the kid actually did that.
    The driver could just have easily snapped and gotten out to give him a slap out of anger for jumping in front of the bus.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I can't believe my eyes. How could someone do something so disgusting and horrible? We're not bloody animals. Lock them up and throw away the key. Recording a video in portrait. Come on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What if the boys father is a big man and goes around and kicks the living sh out of the driver, would that be ok? That would be a fair fight no?

He shouldn't have done it but I understand why he did.
    Hopefully doesn't lose his job and hopefully that prick of a child learns a bit of cop on.

“that prick of a child”, Jaysus. He’s a child being a child ffs.

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    What if the boys father is a big man and goes around and kicks the living sh out of the driver, would that be ok? That would be a fair fight no?

The driver didn't kick the living **** out of the child did he ? He slapped him once

mdwexford wrote: »
    Stop saying assault.

This is an assault like blowing a kiss is a rape.

Do you know the meaning of assault?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

It's sad how little understanding people have of what psychological effect physical abuse can have, especially on kids. "Sure it never did me any harm" isn't an excuse, people are different, they react differently to things.

Wasn't there a book written about something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You think getting assualted will teach him manners? Doubtful it might just make realise it's ok to hit someone smaller than oneself. A lesson can be delivered without violence or the threat of violence.

Ah the old saying "violence is never the answer"

Meanwhile in the real world, sometimes violence is the only answer.

Lets look the kid up in 10 years time and see is hiw he turned out :rolleyes:

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The driver didn't kick the living **** out of the child did he ? He slapped him once

He’s an adult, the child is a Child, not a fair assault. Wonder would the driver have attempted that to a fully grown man? Driver is a bully and a coward

• Advertisement

FunLover18 wrote: »
    It's sad how little understanding people have of what psychological effect physical abuse can have, especially on kids. "Sure it never did me any harm" isn't an excuse, people are different, they react differently to things.

Wasn't there a book written about something like this?

What is a little sad is that some people did not replace physical dicipline with another effective method . Instead they allowed kids behave badly with no consequences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

sometimes violence is the only answer.

Bullsh*t, violence towards a child is never an answer in any world real or imagined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭per aspera ad astra

He’s an adult, the child is a Child, not a fair assault. Wonder would the driver have attempted that to a fully grown man? Driver is a bully and a coward

He didn't get a slap for bad manners – he got a slap for running out in front of multi-tonne moving lump of steel, which would have destroyed his young body to pieces. This was not assault, it was not abuse – it was not violence. That child is lucky to be alive – and I guarantee you, that child will not die from crossing the road in the future. Life is not black and white.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Well done driver for keeping it tame, he could have lost it.

Maybe the kid won't get killed by a bus next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

#ibelievehim

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

“that prick of a child”, Jaysus. He’s a child being a child ffs.

So you think a child giving lip after nearly (potentially) causing a crash is not enough to warrant him being called a prick? Children grow up quick these days, I knew plenty of prick children under 12. Just because they're a child doesn't excuse them from everything. As someone else said, most kids who inadvertently walk out in front of a bus would apologise or freeze up. He had enough thought into what he was doing, and enough of an attitude to allegedly give lip.

Anyway, like anything else, we didn't see the before, so it's hard to say for certain. I'm not against kids getting a belt or a slap like that, they need it. Done me no harm, and I'm a functioning member of society (albeit one who detests kids).

And I knew this thread would turn into a 'it's not ok to hit children' thread. Bah I say. If someone deserves it, and it's a simple as that (more like a shock tactic than assault), I see no harm. When I was a young fella (i'm only 35!), your parents would have given a few more if they found out. Oh how times have changed, allegedly for the better, but I fail to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Running across a road and being rude to a bus driver - behaviour that warrants you getting hit by a stranger.

Posting comments calling a child a scumbag, a prick, a little ****, wishing that the child had been hit harder - perfectly acceptable behaviour that gets you likes on Boards.

Im failing to see how the latter isn't any more deserving of a slap than the former.

He didn't get a slap for bad manners – he got a slap for running out in front of multi-tonne moving lump of steel, which would have destroyed his young body to pieces. This was not assault, it was not abuse – it was not violence. That child is lucky to be alive – and I guarantee you, that child will not die from crossing the road in the future. Life is not black and white.

The driver struck the young lad, hate to break it to you but yes it was assualt.

Anyway, like anything else, we didn't see the before, so it's hard to say for certain. I'm not against kids getting a belt or a slap like that, they need it. Done me no harm, and I'm a functioning member of society (albeit one who detests kids).

Love this chestnut, always repeated by those that think it's ok to assualt a child. 'Done me no harm' what utter bs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

The driver struck the young lad, hate to break it to you but yes it was assualt.

Should have used a closed fist to make it worth while.

• Advertisement

Alpha_zero wrote:
    Should have used a closed fist to make it worth while.

Seems to be the attitude of several here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Do you know the meaning of assault?

Yeah, not this.

Your posts here are silly.

Love this chestnut, always repeated by those that think it's ok to assualt a child. 'Done me no harm' what utter bs.

Why is it.

They are the facts.

mdwexford wrote:
    They are the facts.

Facts you say, care to elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Colleagues describe the driver as "known for his kindness, Olympic calm and patience".
    Hmm..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

mdwexford wrote: »
    Why is it.

They are the facts.

There's no talking to someone like that. The vast majority of kids when I was growing up were given slaps, or the wooden spoon, or more (I got promoted to hurleys, brooms and kicks for a while - totally deserved). The vast majority of them are functioning members of society. Most of them have kids, and they don't hit them, not because it's allegedly wrong, but because they can't be dealing with the righteous brigade.

Now, I see less kids getting physically disciplined, and more kids with self entitled attitudes and behaving like little dicks. Just a personal view, but one that is shared by many I know. Strange that when physical discipline goes, acting like an entitled prat increases... Hmmmm...

Ficheall wrote: »
    Colleagues describe the driver as "known for his kindness, Olympic calm and patience".
    Hmm..

Why Hmm ? I am sure they know him well , better than we do anyway .

Facts you say, care to elaborate?

They were being bold.
    They got a slap.
    They stopped.
    They survived and became normal fuctioning members of the human race.

There's no talking to someone like that. The vast majority of kids when I was growing up were given slaps, or the wooden spoon, or more (I got promoted to hurleys, brooms and kicks for a while - totally deserved). The vast majority of them are functioning members of society. Most of them have kids, and they don't hit them, not because it's allegedly wrong, but because they can't be dealing with the righteous brigade.

Now, I see less kids getting physically disciplined, and an more kids with self entitled attitudes and behaving like little dicks. Just a personal view, but one that is shared by many I know. Strange that when physical discipline goes, acting like an entitled prat increases... Hmmmm...
    A lot of the problem is that many parents did not replace physical dicipline with any other effective method
    Good parenting involves time , effort , conversation , explaination and consequences . But many are too lazy or self involved to do that

• Advertisement

mdwexford wrote:
    They were being bold. They got a slap. They stopped. They survived and became normal fuctioning members of the human race.

You siad facts, these are opinion.

Advertisement