Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French bus driver slaps teenager for disrespect

Options
167891012»

Comments

It's also important to note that, because an actual slap is so rare these days (and overly-punished), you can even see, as the bus driver approaches the large group of youths, the chap that did it, actually starts to confront the bus driver (until he is put in his place, of course).

I really can't see how this is a 23 page discussion. Bus driver was dead right and hopefully scummer learned a lesson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

I really can't see how this is a 23 page discussion. Bus driver was dead right and hopefully scummer learned a lesson.

In fairness it's the driver who is going to learn a lesson. You can't assualt a child and think it has no consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭letsseehere14

I was driving out of Limerick city yesterday, just coming on to the Parkway roundabout. Probably the busiest roundabout in the city.
    3 scuts on bikes ahead of the few cars in front of me enter the roundabout in the left lane. 1 of them cycling in a wheeley.
    They don't yield, don't slow, but continue to cycle past the first exit still hugging the outside lane. Then proceed to cut across the second exit, a 2 lane dual carriageway down towards ul, around to the 3rd exit and off on the Childers road. All while 1 of them is pulling a wheeley!!! 2 cars had to slam on their brakes to avoid crushing them as they cut across the lanes. This was yesterday.
    What these kind of kids need is disipline there and then and I guarantee if me of anyone else on that roundabout yesterday got the chance they'd have gotten a kick so hard from behind they'd be half way home before they landed. It would be disipline and it would have been deserved.
    You can be sure those kids and the kids in the video don't get it at home. Because their parents probably don't care. You can be sure that a 'talking to' won't have any effect on them.
    The bus driver did the right thing. Children of 12 are old enough to know right from wrong. They know what they're doing. They have this sense of entitlement and no consequence living that needs to be removed. Actions have consequences. That boy in the video needs to learn that. If the driver is fired that boy and gis friends will only be empowered and get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Driver goes a bit far, but only a bit, the kid should have consequences, it’s for his good too.
    Driver needs to be brought in and spoken to, but definitely shouldn’t be fired.

Driver goes a bit far, but only a bit, the kid should have consequences, it’s for his good too. Driver needs to be brought in and spoken to, but definitely shouldn’t be fired.

The child got assualted for his actions, what more should happen to him.
    The driver is only starting to be dealt with for his actions. Possible loss of job and the police knocking on his door. Do you think the assualt was worth all the trouble he has brought on himself ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭PistolsAtDawn

No brainer really. You can't slap a child even if he is a little twat. A driver or anyone working with the public knows the professional and personal consequences for such actions. Sack and prosecute him. Social media and petitions have no place deciding if we should follow the basic rule of law

I got many a slap growing up in the 90s, never did me a bit of harm, thought me some manners and I deserved every last one I got

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    The child got assualted for his actions, what more should happen to him.
    The driver is only starting to be dealt with for his actions. Possible loss of job and the police knocking on his door. Do you think the assualt was worth all the trouble he has brought on himself ?

No, like I said, he goes a bit too far.

https://youtu.be/rwLXaS3rHAo
    Here’s another clip of a young lad facing consequences he didn’t see coming. In this case I think the adult is fully in the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I got many a slap growing up in the 90s, never did me a bit of harm, thought me some manners and I deserved every last one I got

Funny, I didn't, but yet, I have manners, know right from wrong, and to be fair, I did some **** that tested my mother's and father's patience.

I know other lads that got wholloped when they did stupid ****. Funny enough, it was a regular enough thing, because they constantly did stupid ****.

It's almost as though young people, in the presence of other young people, do **** that is reckless and pushes boundaries, that you, as an adult already know is stupid. Almost as though they're learning?

I got many a slap as a very young child in school for using my left hand to write with. Taught me nothing other than some adults are sadistic b*stards that like to hit kids. I still write with my left hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

my only problem with this--- he should have closed his fist and followed with another. give this man a pay rise. great it's om video lets everyone see what their like, they come to our town every sunner and try to take over, walking out in front of cars no respect for people on footpaths etc. Nice one Mr Driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Do you think the assualt was worth all the trouble he has brought on himself ?

No it wasn't.
    Maybe if he knocked him down he'd have less trouble to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

decky1 wrote: »
    my only problem with this--- he should have closed his fist and followed with another. give this man a pay rise. great it's om video lets everyone see what their like, they come to our town every sunner and try to take over, walking out in front of cars no respect for people on footpaths etc. Nice one Mr Driver.

Ironically, the fact that it's on video means Mr Driver is well and truly f#cked...... and the next driver will think twice before getting out of his bus.

Lessons have been learned by this incident.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

BBFAN wrote: »
    No the facts that scum thinks it's okay to slap a child in the face, male of people.

What does male of people mean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Patww79 wrote: »
    What does male of people mean?

About as much sense as the rest of their posts tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭judestynes

In fairness it's the driver who is going to learn a lesson. You can't assualt a child and think it has no consequences.
    in fairness the kid needs to learn a lesson too. you can't endanger passengers and other pedastrians and think it has no consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I think the most important question here is:

Since when is 12 years old, a teenager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

The boy put himself and others at risk by his own stupidity who would blame the driver for reacting the way he did. If the bus driver swerved to avoid him and went into into a pile of traffic imagine all the fatalities it could well have caused so a little clip around the ear is harmless by comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I think the most important question here is:

Since when is 12 years old, a teenager?

Since a bitch-slap became "violent assault" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Ginger83

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Ironically, the fact that it's on video means Mr Driver is well and truly f#cked...... and the next driver will think twice before getting out of his bus.

Lessons have been learned by this incident.....

Like i sad earlier lets hope the next driver uses his bus instead of his hand....kid will learn a harsher lesson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Like i sad earlier lets hope the next driver uses his bus instead of his hand....kid will learn a harsher lesson.

So, let me get this right, you're advocating running over anyone that gets in your way, instead of saying "little bolix," and getting on with your day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

BBFAN wrote: »
    WOW is all I can say, that sends shivers down my spine.

All I can say to you is that it is all that mccafferty ones fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Ginger83

So, let me get this right, you're advocating running over anyone that gets in your way, instead of saying "little bolix," and getting on with your day?

Never said run him over, just a bump. He'll remember the safe cross code

Says a lot about how things have changed. If I had have gone and told my parents that a bus driver gave me a slap in the mouth I would've got another one. He didn't do it for nothing. It didn't do me a lick of harm either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I have a memory burned into my brain, of leaving the school grounds when I was about 13 or 14, and was having the craic with a few of my mates, when one of them went to throw an apple core or something at me, I jumped backwards and kind of spun around, and ended up with my nose literally an inch away from a passing bus, if it had been 2 seconds earlier I'd have been under the wheel. I legit get a shiver up my spine thinking about it to this day. I can only imagine the fright that the bus driver would have gotten if he had seen it.

on the video, I can see why the bus driver flipped the lid, a big crowd no doubt jeering and heckling. Doesn't make what he did, the right thing though,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

judestynes wrote: »
    Says a lot about how things have changed. If I had have gone and told my parents that a bus driver gave me a slap in the mouth I would've got another one. He didn't do it for nothing. It didn't do me a lick of harm either.

A good example of how being brought up in a violent or abusive environment normalises and perpetuates the acceptance of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Now a noice shalp was needed

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

WWLBD?

What would lugs branigan do??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Mutant z wrote: »
    The boy put himself and others at risk by his own stupidity who would blame the driver for reacting the way he did. If the bus driver swerved to avoid him and went into into a pile of traffic imagine all the fatalities it could well have caused so a little clip around the ear is harmless by comparison.

I assume that you're regularly getting out of your car to slap/punch pedestrians, cyclists and other motorists on a daily basis so....?

• Advertisement

A good example of how being brought up in a violent or abusive environment normalises and perpetuates the acceptance of it?
    I wasn't brought up in a violent environment. I was brought up in a responsible one. I can count on 1 hand the amount of times either parent raised a hand to me. Just knowing that they could was enough of a deterrent to stop me or any of my siblings being little sh1theads. we all have good lives none of us have had run ins with the law we're in satisfying jobs. Those are not the results of a violent or abusive upbringing.

Advertisement