Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fics wrote: »
    With this new Dance area "freetown" where Wilde used to be; how do you think they will set it up?

Will it be a seperate area to the main grounds (seperate security checks), or will they link it up to the main area so once in you can roam between the two freely?

Don't know really, won't really know till we see it set up during the build week, maybe we'll have an inkling when they release this years map.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fics

Ah the anticipation, need some sort of announcment soon to keep me going, the Theatre of Food list was a bit of a sly move!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Now you mention those charming men wonder will the salty dog still be in the same place, and can you still bring your warm cans of beer to it! How long do we have to wait to find out?
    Rhetorical question, the mind is working overtime!
    Wonder if they needed planning permission for the new dance area? Could we sneak a look at the plans on the county council site?

Ok calm down now Bruce2008!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Bruce2008 wrote: »
    Now you mention those charming men wonder will the salty dog still be in the same place, and can you still bring your warm cans of beer to it! How long do we have to wait to find out?
    Rhetorical question, the mind is working overtime!
    Wonder if they needed planning permission for the new dance area? Could we sneak a look at the plans on the county council site?

Ok calm down now Bruce2008!

Potential loss of salty dog as a place to drink cans is my biggest fear this year - would be a terrible loss if it moves inside the security cordon

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Potential loss of salty dog as a place to drink cans is my biggest fear this year - would be a terrible loss if it moves inside the security cordon

Always has been my favourite spot of the whole festival , as you said its a great spot to chill and drink cans , and the atmosphere for the late night acts is always unreal (e.g. King Kong Company last year).

Wont be at the festival this year but if it gets moved it will lose its atmosphere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

For Other Voices and Salty Dog as we know it to be snatched away in the one year would be a grievous blow indeed. That could send me over the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

hi folks , normally have my ticket in the bag by now but some serious family issues let to concert going being the last thing on my mind... im not looking for tickets on here so please dont give out :) just wondering what do people normally pay for second hand tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Use toutless and adverts and you'll get one for face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

tonto123 wrote: »
    hi folks , normally have my ticket in the bag by now but some serious family issues let to concert going being the last thing on my mind... im not looking for tickets on here so please dont give out :) just wondering what do people normally pay for second hand tickets

Wait until August and keep an eye on toutless

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    For Other Voices and Salty Dog as we know it to be snatched away in the one year would be a grievous blow indeed. That could send me over the edge.

Over the edge! In general? Or just regarding EP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Anyone give me some details on ECO camping site. Tempted by it this year as I like the thought behind it We are usually do Pink Moon, but might make the switch.

Distance to Main Stage. Is the access decent?
    Quality of toilets/showers. Are the maintained?
    How rowdy is it, especially at night.
    How early would one need to be there to get a (good) camping spot.
    Any other perks to being there?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Paddy2012

Just to settle the Fontaines DC question, they've uploaded their full summer itinerary on Twitter.

Weekend of EP, they are at Knee Deep in Cornwall (Friday 30), Bristol Downs (Saturday 31) and End of the Road (Sept 1) so it ain't happening folks!

For anyone headed to ATN, they list themselves for the Saturday but the rest of the weekend is free so may not be 100% accurate, but the rest of the poster is specific dates so a good chance I'd say.

I wonder if they're swerving EP due to their Jerry Fish set last year being a little empty. To be fair The Prodigy, Kooks, Sleaford Mods, Peggy Gou and DJ Koze were all on the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I wonder if they're swerving EP due to their Jerry Fish set last year being a little empty. To be fair The Prodigy, Kooks, Sleaford Mods, Peggy Gou and DJ Koze were all on the same time.

Didn’t even know they played Jerry Fish, and know I’m doubting I saw them twice, balls, remember seeing Hak Baker twice and people sliding headfirst down the B&S hill, almost sure I saw Fontaines there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Poorside wrote:
    Didn’t even know they played Jerry Fish, and know I’m doubting I saw them twice, balls, remember seeing Hak Baker twice and people sliding headfirst down the B&S hill, almost sure I saw Fontaines there as well.

Yeah they played B&S for sure, saw the Murder Capital twice myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

sweetie wrote: »
    Yeah they played B&S for sure, saw the Murder Capital twice myself

Me too. All very exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

LowOdour wrote: »
    About 25 minutes to main stage. Don't know how that will change with the new area and stuff.
    No showers. I would go to Hendricks for showers. Toilets are perfect though. Although they're the loowatts so make sure you get your ticket before getting to the festival. I think they're about 10 or 15 euros
    Not at all. You get noise from the rave and that's about it.
    Usually there are still some good spots late afternoon on friday but I would recommend going there early morning if possible if you really want the best spots.
    Other perks: good food stalls the past two years. The security lads seem pretty strict. Relatively close to the car parks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Just to settle the Fontaines DC question, they've uploaded their full summer itinerary on Twitter.

Weekend of EP, they are at Knee Deep in Cornwall (Friday 30), Bristol Downs (Saturday 31) and End of the Road (Sept 1) so it ain't happening folks!

For anyone headed to ATN, they list themselves for the Saturday but the rest of the weekend is free so may not be 100% accurate, but the rest of the poster is specific dates so a good chance I'd say.

Ah I doubt it tbh. I'd say they just got a decent offer for a UK festival run at the time. They'll play plenty of Irish shows - Vicar St, ATN, FF - but they also have to strike while the iron is hot and continue to grow the UK and international audiences too or they'll end up only playing Irish shows!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

1. Distance to Main Stage. Is the access decent?
    2. Quality of toilets/showers. Are the maintained?
    3. How rowdy is it, especially at night.
    4. How early would one need to be there to get a (good) camping spot.
    5. Any other perks to being there?

1. Roughly about 20/25 mins (with no distractions)
    2. Toilets are good, they didn't have enough of them this year and they only do loowatt that you need to pay for (best to buy the wristband before you go or else it's €2 a pop) if you don't wanna use loowatt, you'll have to go to the next campsite over, charlie chaplin, but it's not even 5 mins away..
    3. not rowdy at all, lovely and quiet, except for the rave which I could actually feel through the ground when sleeping, BRING EARPLUGS!
    4. anytime friday would be fine i think
    5. super friendly neighbours :) and you're not far from the car park too which is a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

mimimcmc wrote: »
    2. Toilets are good, they didn't have enough of them this year and they only do loowatt that you need to pay for (best to buy the wristband before you go or else it's €2 a pop)poop

That's an expensive dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭rubick

Anyone give me some details on ECO camping site. Tempted by it this year as I like the thought behind it We are usually do Pink Moon, but might make the switch.

Last year's route was through Wilde/Salty Dog to the Trailer Park end of the Main Arena - but this year the entrance to Eco will be away from the late night area (there was congestion last year on the Saturday), probably closer to the Warhol/Hendrix end. Hopefully there will still be access through the new dance area or Trenchtown to save that massive dogleg of a dander.

As some have already stated, Loowatt loos which are very well kept. The guy who runs Eco told us that they are hoping to have showers in the site this year, fingers crossed. Like the Loowatt toilets, they will be powered by our sh*t and pish!

It's very quiet and well behaved, zero rubbish lying about as you'd expect. People have a great time without being utter melters. Proximity to the rave in the woods demands earplugs, or going at it full tilt until the morning and getting a lie in!

Still spots available on the Friday but loads of heads have started to arrive with Early Entry Passes, was reasonably full last year on the Thursday night.

Great atmosphere about the place, no rubbish on Monday morning and everyone brings their tents home like normal people. if you buy a t-shirt the money goes to planting a rare Irish oak, which is a nice touch. It's extremely well-run, we saw one punter turned away because the organisers spotted that he'd left his tent at his hole last in 2017. This will be our 5th year using the Eco site, wouldn't camp anywhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

TBH the eco 'presale' (tickets are free but previous guests got first dibs) were back in Feb, then they went on general release last week, I'd be surprised if there are any spots in ECO left if you've not got one yet.
    rubick wrote: »
    Last year's route was through Wilde/Salty Dog to the Trailer Park end of the Main Arena - but this year the entrance to Eco will be away from the late night area (there was congestion last year on the Saturday), probably closer to the Warhol/Hendrix end. Hopefully there will still be access through the new dance area or Trenchtown to save that massive dogleg of a dander.

Congestion is an understatement. It was a legitimately scary crush and I had hold my friend pretty tightly to stop her getting flattened. The entrance is already up the Hendrix end as of last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Howdy.

I've lurked about the 2019 thread for long enough now... :)

Re. The ECO campsite. I agree with what people have said here. The place is great and I wouldn't camp anywhere else. When I got back to the tent on Saturday night last year, my feet were killing me. I took off my shoes and socks and walked around in the grass for a few minutes. You would not do that anywhere else. We were even camped 4ft from the bins and the only downside was the constant noise of cans clattering against each other on Monday morning.

Re. Salty dog. I think I read somewhere about a stage called 'Spike Island - Salty dog'. This would suggest there will be some redesign. Last years fake shop fronts were a nice little addition. Hopefully the area will be getting bigger. If The Hazel Wood is there again, maybe the Salty Dog could expand towards The Other Voices site. (it is terrible that they won't be there)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Probably not the announcement anyone was waiting on but the Transmission stage announced here. Never heard of any of the DJs. Wandered down there for the first time last year one night and it was pretty dead but a cool area in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭rubick

Congestion is an understatement. It was a legitimately scary crush and I had hold my friend pretty tightly to stop her getting flattened. The entrance is already up the Hendrix end as of last year.

That's pretty horrendous. I sort of caught the tail end of the situation, when I got there people heading into the campsite were already being redirected to the Chaplin site. A few us made a human chain to get through the hedge/shuck and we ended up at the recycling bins near the back of the Eco site. Split my cargo pants but they'd had a good run.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

U2 just changed their profile picture Joshua Tree Tour 2019 will they finally make an appearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

davew121 wrote: »
    U2 just changed their profile picture Joshua Tree Tour 2019 will they finally make an appearance?

I doubt it very much, haven't they already announced the headliners.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

I doubt it very much, haven't they already announced the headliners.

The first announcement last year had top billing for some acts then when the second announcement came out they were knocked down to make way for bigger headline acts so its possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Breeno98

Is it worth getting early entry tickets? Do many actually set up the Thursday? Will there be anything open (stalls etc) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Breeno98 wrote: »
    Is it worth getting early entry tickets? Do many actually set up the Thursday? Will there be anything open (stalls etc) ?

Was a few things open last year and the Salty Dog has a few acts, was nice to arrive early and get setup fairly leisurely, nice vibe that night, that might have been because the weather was so good as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Thanks to jeditokingyoda, mimimcmc and rubick for all the info on Eco Campsite!

Advertisement