Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Somewhat surprised All Together Now is completely sold out according to the website, suppose it is only two months off.
    been sold out for a good while, most people that went last year seemed to love it and are returning, and a lot of people who didn't/couldn't go last year are going now off those good reports.
    pretty much all of our EP crew that have stopped going in recent years are going, plus a few of us that aren't that bothered with EP anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

been sold out for a good while, most people that went last year seemed to love it and are returning, and a lot of people who didn't/couldn't go last year are going now off those good reports.
    pretty much all of our EP crew that have stopped going in recent years are going, plus a few of us that aren't that bothered with EP anymore.

Plus some of us who will go to both. Completely expected it to sell out early on - it was great last year - like the early years EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭rubick

Heading to both this year. I waited until I was 33 to go to my first Picnic (2011) - you wouldn't have got me out of a club until then. So many wasted years. Turning 42 this month, doing three festivals inside two months. Should have been at this caper a long time ago ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Tago Mago

Was half-hoping to catch a day ticket to see Fontaines, silly enough of me :rolleyes:

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Was half-hoping to catch a day ticket to see Fontaines, silly enough of me :rolleyes:
    can't remember if day tickets have gone onsale yet, so might still have a chance. Probably plenty floating around the week of it anyway :)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

can't remember if day tickets have gone onsale yet, so might still have a chance. Probably plenty floating around the week of it anyway :)

No day tickets for All Together Now this year, just the weekend passes.

Prob be plenty of weekend passes cropping up in the next few weeks, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well Electric Fields in Scotland has cancelled altogether, it seems when they switched sites to Glasgow lots of punters who were going to the original festival demanded refunds, its hard to see them coming back from that next year.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/17681747.electric-fields-festival-cancelled-after-dramatic-location-switch/?ref=twtrec

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

85 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Girl Band playing Vicar St in late November. Surely a fair chance of a Picnic appearance now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

rubick wrote: »
    Heading to both this year. I waited until I was 33 to go to my first Picnic (2011) - you wouldn't have got me out of a club until then. So many wasted years. Turning 42 this month, doing three festivals inside two months. Should have been at this caper a long time ago ffs.

Could be worse, turned 40 before I started at this, 7 in a row this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Girl Band playing Vicar St in late November. Surely a fair chance of a Picnic appearance now?

yes please!!!

album out at the end of September and tour, including Dublin, in November - I'd say almost no chance they're at EP.

album out at the end of September and tour, including Dublin, in November - I'd say almost no chance they're at EP.

If the tour sells out then no barrier to doing EP. Or ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭rubick

A fine shift at the office! 9th EP in a row, my other half hits double figures this year on 10. You'd think with such experience under the belt we'd know not to go hard at it in the Rave in the Woods Friday & Saturday, but not one bit of it. My Sunday "disco nap" turned into "It's 8am Monday morning and you've missed The Prodigy you prick" - which has obviously meant I've missed my last chance to see them. Gutted - they were my first rave as a bright-eyed teen in the Ulster Hall, Belfast in 1994.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭revoke12

Wondering whats people experience of pink moon? Booked it this year and wondering what the facilites and stuff is like there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

revoke12 wrote: »
    Wondering whats people experience of pink moon? Booked it this year and wondering what the facilites and stuff is like there?

better than ever last year i thought,
    i've never camped anywhere else and wont (apart from Eco perhaps)
    couldnt be dealing with the carnage i've seen over the years in the main campsites

real flushable toilets with lighting!
    i genuinely think the bright whiteness of them
    shamed people into cleaning up after themselves,
    they were in great nick in general i found

no bother showering as well
    no queues if you pick an odd time (afternoon or evening)

the "cracked pepper" is okay, grand place to hang out if it rains
    huge queues for average sambo's in the mornings though

theres pamper places where you can beautify yourself and do your hair
    thats if you have any, (unlike me)

the entrance to the arena is a huge plus but as stated that entrance closes
    when the bars shut, so its the long way around after those hours

park in green and you've a handy stroll to PM

EDIT: i assume it will still be in the same location this year,
    there's a re-jig of the layout this year isn't there, any thoughts?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭endainoz

revoke12 wrote:

Pink moon is brilliant, once you do it once you won't ever go back. Place is obviously much tidier and easier to navigate.

Toilets are pretty good quality, sometimes you may have a bad experience but overall very good.

Decent security on site too. One of the main conveniences of it is the handy entrance to the main arena, brings you out around mindfield. People do say here that it's closed once the main arena acts are over but in my experience they leave it open a bit later than that.

Other perks are that you can sometimes hear the early morning sound checks of some of the big acts as your close enough to the main stage, remember hearing Duran Duran belting out Rio one Sunday morning, sounded terrific.

Think it was about 5 years ago when I started going to pink moon, would not ever go back. I'd imagine the repeat business they get every year is quite high.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

just found out Pretenders are supporting Fleetwood Mac next week in the RDS. Gonna be some gig even if it’s a washout :) missed Pretenders at EP the last time they played, think it was 2 years ago? First of the summer gigs for me. Noel Gallagher next Sunday too. Hope it’s a good start!

just found out Pretenders are supporting Fleetwood Mac next week in the RDS. Gonna be some gig even if it’s a washout missed Pretenders at EP the last time they played, think it was 2 years ago? First of the summer gigs for me. Noel Gallagher next Sunday too. Hope it’s a good start!

Great news! My first summer gig too, saw pretenders last time at EP, they were brilliant. Chrissy Hynde is still lovely as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Aw no way...I actually missed them when they were at it too..delighted with that now!! summer gigs kick off with Fleetwood Mac next Thursday!!!

Rfrip wrote:
    Aw no way...I actually missed them when they were at it too..delighted with that now!! summer gigs kick off with Fleetwood Mac next Thursday!!!

Seems like a few of us are going to this one. Can't wait to see the chain done live!

just found out Pretenders are supporting Fleetwood Mac next week in the RDS. Gonna be some gig even if it’s a washout :) missed Pretenders at EP the last time they played, think it was 2 years ago? First of the summer gigs for me. Noel Gallagher next Sunday too. Hope it’s a good start!

Forecast great and hugely looking forward to this. The Cure, Ride, Fleetwood Mac and The Pretenders in a week is my first mini-fest of the year.

Been listening to the Billie Eilish album. Much more interesting than I expected and she seems to have picked up some stuff from Janelle Monae, Tune-Yards, etc. More mainstream than those but may be worth a look and in retrospect a huge booking for EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Been listening to the Billie Eilish album. Much more interesting than I expected and she seems to have picked up some stuff from Janelle Monae, Tune-Yards, etc. More mainstream than those but may be worth a look and in retrospect a huge booking for EP.

Yeah totally agree, she will be this year’s dua lipa I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Have been noticing this in Efestivals too, that she's being pushed up in the bill at a few festivals.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Also turned 40 before first EP in 2012. Wife now thinking I should be getting to the end festivals but I want more. Middle age crisis maybe but better than a sports car and leggy blonde

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Also turned 40 before first EP in 2012. Wife now thinking I should be getting to the end festivals but I want more. Middle age crisis maybe but better than a sports car and leggy blonde

No disrespect to your wife but I hate the idea that festivals should be stopped at a certain age. Eff that, music is for everyone

Forecast great and hugely looking forward to this. The Cure, Ride, Fleetwood Mac and The Pretenders in a week is my first mini-fest of the year.

The cure are the start of a run of 5 gigs and kaleidoscope for me over the next month. Don't care what the weather is like for the cure will be there to the bitter end. Also just discovered ride and well impressed

• Advertisement

No disrespect to your wife but I hate the idea that festivals should be stopped at a certain age. Eff that, music is for everyone

I am with you and in fairness think she is only doing it to rile me as keeps buying me tickets and encouraging me to go to gigs (....why does she want me out of the house so much???)

Advertisement