Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So Theatre of Food was our May announcement well bollocks to that really. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

https://youtu.be/i0KOhyKOPnM

"Cousin Tonys brand new fire bird" played Dublin about 2 weeks ago, didn't get to them but the American beauty quote caught my eye, loving them so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Will probably raise a thread in the outdoor pursuit forum, but I'm sure some of the regulars to EP might be able to help.

I'm looking for a cool bag/box (around 28lt) which could keep items cold over a weekend (using some ice packs). It's not so much for beer (well, maybe for EP), but more so for food.

I've a budget if 40e, and have seen a few but has anyone bought one they could recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I have a good one but it cost twice that. It has lasted for years, I've brought it to 2 E.Ps. I think it's the older model of this if you decide to splurge.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

LowOdour wrote:
    I've a budget if 40e, and have seen a few but has anyone bought one they could recommend.

Aldi have camping gear, saw some there today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Saw the Strokes last night at All Points East and they played a stomper. I highly recommend that they play your Electric Picnic music festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭endainoz

Saw the Strokes last night at All Points East and they played a stomper. I highly recommend that they play your Electric Picnic music festival!

I know they won't be playing EP but did you get to see the Raconteurs? We're they amazing?! Of course they were

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

LowOdour wrote: »
    Will probably raise a thread in the outdoor pursuit forum, but I'm sure some of the regulars to EP might be able to help.

I'm looking for a cool bag/box (around 28lt) which could keep items cold over a weekend (using some ice packs). It's not so much for beer (well, maybe for EP), but more so for food.

Lidl have a 20l cooler back pack available right now for €12

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=19454

Also lots folding & inflating chairs, fans, duct tape, camping mats, Gazebos, sleeping bags....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭LowOdour

MadYaker wrote: »
    I have a good one but it cost twice that. It has lasted for years, I've brought it to 2 E.Ps. I think it's the older model of this if you decide to splurge.

I was looking at similar ones to that. Might just need to take the plunge and get something more expensive. Do you find it keeps everything cold over the weekend?

Thanks to those who mentioned Aldi/Lidl ones, but don't think they are up to the same standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I was looking at similar ones to that. Might just need to take the plunge and get something more expensive. Do you find it keeps everything cold over the weekend?

Thanks to those who mentioned Aldi/Lidl ones, but don't think they are up to the same standard.

Yeah we filled it with ice and cans before leaving Galway on friday and they were still cold on sunday. Though I stopped bringing it to EP as I was afraid the wheels might give up even though they seem very tough. I just put cans under my groundsheet and they stay cold enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The key to keeping everything cold is to (now this may seem like stating the obvious but.....), everything needs to be cold before going into the cooler, and then pack it with loads of ice. I sometimes freeze a couple of ziplock bags full of water and put them in too.

The most important thing is to not put any warm cans in afterwards as that just kills the temperature. Again, seems obvious but if you don’t do that you might as well just leave the cans in your tent in a Dunnes bag.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

endainoz wrote: »
    I know they won't be playing EP but did you get to see the Raconteurs? We're they amazing?! Of course they were

They were indeed quite amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cjdennis29

need a ****img announcement bro

what's the story w/ campsites btw? Wilde is being removed to make space for the new dance stage, are the others gonna be made bigger or is there a new campsite being built?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

So Theatre of Food was our May announcement well bollocks to that really. :)

If FR do like they did last year on the Friday of ATN, then they might have an announcement this Friday, ahead of Forbidden Fruit. I wouldn't be at all confident, but it is possible.

A mate of mine brought a polystyrene cooler box (like the ones caterers use) a few years ago, and it worked a treat. You can get them on Ebay and the like.
    cjdennis29 wrote: »
    need a ****img announcement bro
    what's the story w/ campsites btw? Wilde is being removed to make space for the new dance stage, are the others gonna be made bigger or is there a new campsite being built?
    Pretty sure they announced earlier this year, that they had agreed to expand the campsites into neighbouring farmers land.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

got this yesterday in Aldi for 23e (was 28)
    cant vouch for it but we'll see how it goes
    it does have quite thick walls

https://www.aldi.co.uk/26l-self-inflating-food-cooler-bag/p/010846266869000
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭emalou

Any idea as to what day Years and Years will be on stage at EP this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

They were on form, shame about the sound!

Wasn't too impressed with APE on the whole

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

emalou wrote: »

Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Tuesday

That'd suit me. Preferably with them subbing for Florence.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

No way of knowing with such a sparse amount of other acts announced so far. On their website they just say 31st Aug - 1st Sept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

I'd be surprised if they aren't on in the Electric Arena again late-ish and I'd guess Sat or Sunday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So no announcement of an announcement of an announcement as yet, I suppose its just a matter of guessing acts and placing them on the EP poster.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

maximoose wrote: »

I think a lot of it depends on where you were. I was close to the second row stack so could hear well, albeit the stage was quite far away and obscured by those annoying Huawai corporate stands.

Overall APE would be a lot better if there were less people at it. Everywhere felt packed and there were constant queues! But I suppose they gotta make their money on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

maximoose wrote: »

Thought The Strokes and Raconteurs were only decent at All Points East. Johnny Marr was amazing though. How Soon is Now was definitely the highlight of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Still Ill wrote: »
    Thought The Strokes and Raconteurs were only decent at All Points East. Johnny Marr was amazing though. How Soon is Now was definitely the highlight of the day.

Hello Still Ill.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Hello Still Ill.

Won't the real Still Ill please stand up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Won't the real Still Ill please stand up?

As I always say, you can't have too many Smiths references. Bodes well for this year's These Charming Men get together.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,139 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

As I always say, you can't have too many Smiths references. Bodes well for this year's These Charming Men get together.

Well, I for one, will be in the bar, with my head on the bar...

agreed...lifelong fan here, sure my name is Smyth for gods sake
    (wrong spelling granted)
    everlast75 wrote: »
    Well, I for one, will be in the bar, with my head on the bar...

Has the perrier gone straight to your head? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fics

With this new Dance area "freetown" where Wilde used to be; how do you think they will set it up?

Will it be a seperate area to the main grounds (seperate security checks), or will they link it up to the main area so once in you can roam between the two freely?

Advertisement