Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I don't know if they parcel motel them, i suspect they don't, i'm back and forth to the UK a lot so just had amazon send one to me when i was over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Agreed - happy to pay good money for one that works but they tend to be far more expensive in brick & mortar stores than online so always worth asking for tips!

For all the Amazon ones that don't deliver to Ireland - is Parcel Motel the solution? The Anker ones look great. My old one was Anker too and one of the ports just stopped working on it. Have a feeling it was water damaged but couldn't be 100% sure.

Parcel motel won’t work for most - as they won’t deliver to NI either. It’s an issue with sending them via airmail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Agreed - happy to pay good money for one that works but they tend to be far more expensive in brick & mortar stores than online so always worth asking for tips!

For all the Amazon ones that don't deliver to Ireland - is Parcel Motel the solution? The Anker ones look great. My old one was Anker too and one of the ports just stopped working on it. Have a feeling it was water damaged but couldn't be 100% sure.

I am pretty sure i previously bought Anker directly through amazon.de. This seems to have stopped now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

blackwhite wrote: »
    Parcel motel won’t work for most - as they won’t deliver to NI either. It’s an issue with sending them via airmail
    I am pretty sure i previously bought Anker directly through amazon.de. This seems to have stopped now.

Ah that's a shame - that 20MaH Anker one was €29 on Amazon and €45 on Komplett.ie...

Argos have an Energiser one for €69. :eek:

Snarky Snark Snark

Now that's what I call Music a shower of utter bandits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

blackwhite wrote: »

Addresspal works - had 2 delivered that way before christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭rubick

No, just.... no.

Been hoping against hope for a late night drum 'n bass extravaganza in the woods. Ragga Twins were decent craic a few years ago in Trenchtown. I'd say I'll be waiting a while before there's any further breakbeat action at Stradbally.

Snarky Snark Snark

aaah Trenchtown, wonder does it's unique aroma last very long after the festival ends

Makes you kind of snacky after a while.

Here lads I nearly took a full on melt there, checking my emails for the Eco Loyalty Ticket sent out in February - couldn't find it in my email inbox. Found it in a hidden folder which I have no memory of making. Absolute ninja festival prep, fooling myself in case I get captured.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

rubick wrote: »
    Been hoping against hope for a late night drum 'n bass extravaganza in the woods. Ragga Twins were decent craic a few years ago in Trenchtown. I'd say I'll be waiting a while before there's any further breakbeat action at Stradbally.

Earthship Stage in the Body&Soul Village had some serious DnB and Jungle late at night over the weekend too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Earthship Stage in the Body&Soul Village had some serious DnB and Jungle late at night over the weekend too.

Ah ffs, never even thought about that option. We usually head straight into the woods or Trenchtown after the main stages close, or before it if there's no headliner we're interested in - that looks to be the case this year too.* Paul Woolford opened his set with some breakbeat stuff a few years back on the main rave in the forest but switched it up to house and techno later in the set. Was completely rammed that night.

Wonder what the rave options will be in the new area?

* until Aphex Twin is announced in the next line-up drop

If and when we are about to get the next announcement, you start seeing Aphex Twin Collapse posters suddenly appear around Dublin, that will surely be a sign. :)

All about some intricate grass cutting in the fields of Laois to form the logo.

rubick wrote: »
    All about some intricate grass cutting in the fields of Laois to form the logo.

That would be fcuking amazing, a commissioned art piece by Weirdcore etched into one of the fields in Stradbally. :D:D:D

"What's that Dan has cut into the top field there?"
    "I think it's a bent coat hanger. Or givin' the fingers upside down."
    "Pure chake of 'im."

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Ah that's a shame - that 20MaH Anker one was €29 on Amazon and €45 on Komplett.ie...

Argos have an Energiser one for €69. :eek:

I have that one, it’s very good (would want to be at that price). If it lasts for years it is worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

AliExpress for xiaomi battery pack. Cheaper and will deliver to Ireland. Probably won't receive it for a month tho...

Snarky Snark Snark

If and when we are about to get the next announcement, you start seeing Aphex Twin Collapse posters suddenly appear around Dublin, that will surely be a sign. :)

If he ever plays EP, you’re likely to end up a newspaper headline as “Man jizzes himself to death”

If he ever plays EP, you’re likely to end up a newspaper headline as “Man jizzes himself to death”

Yeah maybe EP don't like booking long haired red haired people because its bad luck or something or maybe they did try to book him and he told them to fcuk off and that they were all a bunch of tadgers, you never know. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

Never seen him but do love a lot of his stuff, what's his setup live? Does he just dabble on the decks and computers

• Advertisement

Never seen him but do love a lot of his stuff, what's his setup live? Does he just dabble on the decks and computers

I've been lucky enough to catch him three times now, he plays a mixture of live patching, using a modular synth and laptop, more recently he's been playing gigs with his wife helping him out on stage and Weirdcore and his team handling the visuals and lasers. This is from April at Coachella, he seems to be playing a lot of his own material.

Not EP related but will definitely be of interest to people on here: https://www.iq-mag.net/2019/05/uk-sellouts-down-slow-festival-season-looms/#.XOabTaI2paQ

State of play in the UK festival sector. Some factors are more applicable to us than others - Brexit is an issue in the UK (of course) but it has previously been suggested that it may cause bands to look at more extensive tours on the continent and skip the UK and Ireland altogether due to costs of travel, etc.

But the main points I thought were interesting were the homogenisation of festival bills:
    Another festival boss laments that too many events share a booker, with the result that festival line-ups are becoming increasingly samey. “You can make a Venn diagram,” they say, “with a handful of bands. One festival will have Elbow and Doves and Franz Ferdinand, another will have Doves and Franz Ferdinand but no Elbow, and so on… Too many festivals now are just homogenised.”

The impact of having the same bookers involved everywhere.

The overlap between Live Nation's festivals all over Europe is ridiculous and the same can be said for POD in Ireland - how many acts have played at least two of Metropolis, Forbidden Fruit and/or All Together Now in the last year or two?

People are bored of seeing the same acts everywhere and it is going to impact sales - EP seems safe as the biggest festival in Ireland (the same way Glasto and Parklife have sold out but festivals with big names like All Points East and Isle of Wight have not) but it sure looks like Forbidden Fruit is feeling the pinch this year and I wouldn't be surprised if something like Indiependence or Sea Sessions found it tough going next year or the year after.

Anyway, just thought some on here may be interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Not EP related but will definitely be of interest to people on here: https://www.iq-mag.net/2019/05/uk-sellouts-down-slow-festival-season-looms/#.XOabTaI2paQ

State of play in the UK festival sector. Some factors are more applicable to us than others - Brexit is an issue in the UK (of course) but it has previously been suggested that it may cause bands to look at more extensive tours on the continent and skip the UK and Ireland altogether due to costs of travel, etc.

But the main points I thought were interesting were the homogenisation of festival bills:

The impact of having the same bookers involved everywhere.

The overlap between Live Nation's festivals all over Europe is ridiculous and the same can be said for POD in Ireland - how many acts have played at least two of Metropolis, Forbidden Fruit and/or All Together Now in the last year or two?

People are bored of seeing the same acts everywhere and it is going to impact sales - EP seems safe as the biggest festival in Ireland (the same way Glasto and Parklife have sold out but festivals with big names like All Points East and Isle of Wight have not) but it sure looks like Forbidden Fruit is feeling the pinch this year and I wouldn't be surprised if something like Indiependence or Sea Sessions found it tough going next year or the year after.

Anyway, just thought some on here may be interested!

I'd be curious to see if Metropolis returns.

Anyone go last year? Did it seems quieter from previous or another successful year?

Jim Carroll is discussing this on twitter atm and said:
    I think it’s the multi-act events like Dun Laoghaire/Chic+Kaiser Chiefs etc that will be the big clangers. Bills & events with no imagination, no buzz, just acts people have seen loads of times already playing in a field. But the losses will be just cosmetic because of FRLN

I think he's right - there are so many big day out festivals between Dun Laoghaire, Malahide/St Anne's, Independent Park, Slane, etc before you even get to the 2 or 3 day festivals that it's hard to know how they will all survive. Irish people love live music but resources are finite and even someone who loves Chic might opt to give them a pass every now and then because of how frequently they are here.

Chances are it'll be a small promoter that gets bitten, though, not one of the big players.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Quick question. Going through the line up so far sorting - 'must sees'
    - 'nice to see'
    - 'maybe sees'
    - 'maybe sees' if not clashing with other 'must sees' in future announcements
    - and avoids.
    Bit early but having a quite day!

Then I get to Mr Jarvis Cocker! Was a big fan of Pulp in their/my time but checking out setlists and concert vids he seems to have left his Pulp era behind. Was hoping for a few ouldies thrown in, even if a few rarely played ones from Different Class (not that there were rarely played from that album in my house,) or something, but nothing, and worse I just can't get his solo stuff.
    Do I see or do I go elsewhere? Anyone seen him in concert? Hate to hear afterwards ' you should have seen Jarvis!'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Bruce2008 wrote: »
    Quick question. Going through the line up so far sorting - 'must sees'
    - 'nice to see'
    - 'maybe sees'
    - 'maybe sees' if not clashing with other 'must sees' in future announcements
    - and avoids.
    Bit early but having a quite day!

Then I get to Mr Jarvis Cocker! Was a big fan of Pulp in their/my time but checking out setlists and concert vids he seems to have left his Pulp era behind. Was hoping for a few ouldies thrown in, even if a few rarely played ones from Different Class (not that there were rarely played from that album in my house,) or something, but nothing, and worse I just can't get his solo stuff.
    Do I see or do I go elsewhere? Anyone seen him in concert? Hate to hear afterwards ' you should have seen Jarvis!'

Seen him a couple of times at festival and pretty decent but not unmissable. Recent solo material not for me.

Though he finished his EP set with The Boys Are Back In Town which went down a storm. May be worth popping into the tent near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Seen him a couple of times at festival and pretty decent but not unmissable. Recent solo material not for me.

Though he finished his EP set with The Boys Are Back In Town which went down a storm. May be worth popping into the tent near the end.

Ok thanks, might slip him into the undecided group. Worse thing is going through the groups now and again after the final release only to wait until the times come out to have all plans wrecked because of the deadly clash of times! Why do we put ourselves through it!

Thanks again, I'll add him to a playlist, he might grow on me and fill that empty half hour slot!

Just to settle the Fontaines DC question, they've uploaded their full summer itinerary on Twitter.

Weekend of EP, they are at Knee Deep in Cornwall (Friday 30), Bristol Downs (Saturday 31) and End of the Road (Sept 1) so it ain't happening folks!

For anyone headed to ATN, they list themselves for the Saturday but the rest of the weekend is free so may not be 100% accurate, but the rest of the poster is specific dates so a good chance I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Just to settle the Fontaines DC question, they've uploaded their full summer itinerary on Twitter.

Weekend of EP, they are at Knee Deep in Cornwall (Friday 30), Bristol Downs (Saturday 31) and End of the Road (Sept 1) so it ain't happening folks!

For anyone headed to ATN, they list themselves for the Saturday but the rest of the weekend is free so may not be 100% accurate, but the rest of the poster is specific dates so a good chance I'd say.

Boo. Spoil sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Boo. Spoil sport.

We could get The Vaccines, and if they play Wreckin Bar it’ll be just like having the Fontaine’s there....

Advertisement