Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocophone F1 - The new flagship killer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Raging.

Bought a 64GB one for 311stg on Amazon (gets delivered today) then I see they're going for less on honour buy for the 128gb one. :mad:

Think I might return to Amazon.

Wonder would I get an honour buy one before Christmas guys?
    The warranty on Amazon will be saver should you have any problems.. To me is always worth paying extra for.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

god's toy wrote: »
    The warranty on Amazon will be saver should you have any problems.. To me is always worth paying extra for.

Was thinking that myself

Just noted. The one I'm due is the UK version v honourbuy global.

What's the difference between the two?

Was thinking that myself

Just noted. The one I'm due is the UK version v honourbuy global.

What's the difference between the two?

The UK one will come with a uk charger not sure about the other one. I think what defines them is also the version of miui that they come with.

The UK one will come with a uk charger not sure about the other one. I think what defines them is also the version of miui that they come with.

Came with the 3 pin UK plug, but said global on the box.

Haven't even turned it on yet, but like the look and feel of it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

64GB ones were going for STG 279 on Amazon. I bought a 128GB from Honour buy, ordered Sunday 11.30 and received Tuesday 11.30 Am. :)

How much did you pay from Honorbuy for the 128GB please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 bargainboy

hey guys does anyone know anything about honorbuy.com ,do they only accept paypal as i just tried to buy from them with my credit card and it allowed me to chose my credit card (mastercard) i filled in all the criteria necessary and correctly and hit next it brought me to the next screen where i was given an option to sign up for a paypal account or not i chose no
    it went on to the processing screen then brought me back to the previous screen where i got a pop up saying my card was declined seems very sketchy any help welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bargainboy

nevermind no they don't like to deal with anything other than pay-pal for whatever reason safer for both parties though i suppose .

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jamesoc85

Hi all, I purchased mine on honorbuy yesterday. The status is now “Preparation in EU Warehouse” can anyone tell me how long did it take to receive the phone? And which delivery company did honorbuy use? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Albanach1

jamesoc85 wrote: »
    Hi all, I purchased mine on honorbuy yesterday. The status is now “Preparation in EU Warehouse” can anyone tell me how long did it take to receive the phone? And which delivery company did honorbuy use? Thanks

DHL delivered mine from Honorbuy. They were very quick & got tracking updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

Thanks for the heads up on Pie update.

I am not sure if this is related to Pie or not, I just figured out it's possible to change the app drawer background to black. It's fantastic. I hated the white background on Android on my last phone (Huawei) which had no way of changing it - especially when you are using it at night. This now ideal, now this reminds me of the Nexus 5, simple black inside/out and super quick (like how Nexus 5 used to be 5 years ago).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

positron wrote: »

I am not sure if this is related to Pie or not, I just figured out it's possible to change the app drawer background to black. It's fantastic. I hated the white background on Android on my last phone (Huawei) which had no way of changing it - especially when you are using it at night. This now ideal, now this reminds me of the Nexus 5, simple black inside/out and super quick (like how Nexus 5 used to be 5 years ago).

How?

positron wrote: »

Nope, that update came a few weeks ago but it's very welcome. Just needs the rest of the backgrounds to be the same.

Dark mode all the things!

I am not seeing app running on top of one another like they use too. IE google maps doesn't shrink to become postage stamp size when running another app... Wonder if setting.

sioda wrote: »
    How?

Pull up the app drawer and look for the settings toothed wheel icon on the top right. That takes you to 'Home screen & Recents' settings, and in there there's an option to set 'Drawer's background' - choices are light, transparent & dark.

HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

abarkie wrote: »
    How much did you pay from Honorbuy for the 128GB please?

Hi, I paid E 334 (311 + 23 delivery)

Ok I'm about to fire my phone up, I presently have been using 2 phones, a note 3 and S7..

What's the easiest way of transferring data from both phones to.the poco does anyone Know?

Ok I'm about to fire my phone up, I presently have been using 2 phones, a note 3 and S7..

What's the easiest way of transferring data from both phones to.the poco does anyone Know?

What type of data - Isn't everything important synced to your google account anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

Downloading the latest Android Pie...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭roper1664

Issues I was having with Bluetooth are resolved since update to Pie.

Am I missing something here, but can't seem to cast YouTube video to the shield?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭glog

Pocophone running Pie and latest Miui 10.
    App status' only appearing randomly (and quickly disappear) on home screen (left of notch).
    If i pull down top status menu then I can see them there.
    For example I have no way of telling if alarm is on from either the lock screen or the home screen.
    I have to either go into Clock App or pull down top menu.
    I seem to have all the correct settings in App Notification/Status Bar menus.

Anyone else seeing this? is it a bug or am i missing a setting?

TIA
    gLog.

• Advertisement

glog wrote: »
    Pocophone running Pie and latest Miui 10.
    App status' only appearing randomly (and quickly disappear) on home screen (left of notch).
    If i pull down top status menu then I can see them there.
    For example I have no way of telling if alarm is on from either the lock screen or the home screen.
    I have to either go into Clock App or pull down top menu.
    I seem to have all the correct settings in App Notification/Status Bar menus.

Anyone else seeing this? is it a bug or am i missing a setting?

TIA
    gLog.

I do think your setting are fine they just didn't include it in the OS notifications list for that app.

Have you tested with a different clock app? like Googles own one or Timley? be warned tho, the built-in one can turn on the phone if it is powered off where a 3rd party probably will not.

I do think your setting are fine they just didn't include it in the OS notifications list for that app.

Yah i will try a different app, but the thing is they do appear randomly and disappear after a few seconds to the left of the notch.
    Not just Clock but also Whats App, Messaging etc

Yah i will try a different app, but the thing is they do appear randomly and disappear after a few seconds to the left of the notch.
    Not just Clock but also Whats App, Messaging etc

Have you done a reset? Could be a bug too. Whatsapp ones are fine on my pull-downs.

It's not on the pull downs - it's on the Status bar to the left of the notch I am talking about.

It's not on the pull downs - it's on the Status bar to the left of the notch I am talking about.
    I dont think they are suppose to stay there.

Odd problem here, while browsing s particular site, it won't let me access certain pages ?too many redirects) in chrome or the stock browser, yet I can access same pages from my SG7 with zero issues.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭chabsey

Anyone experiencing bluetooth issues since updating to the latestest version of Miui / Android?

My phone auto-updated recently (Android 9PKQ1, MIUI 10.1.3) and now bluetooth keeps getting turned off. I generally have BT on all the time and previously it wasn't a problem with the phone. Since the latest update it's like the phone is in some sort of battery saving mode all the time and tries to kill BT when it's not in use. I don't want this though and want BT on until I turn it off.

I've investigated various battery settings but to no avail.

Also, the Universal Remote Control app which has worked for years without problem on various phones (it works via WiFi) now also looses connection periodically for no obvious reason.

Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aikap

Recently dropped my poco from a significant height and got some hairline crack in the screen. Now can anyone suggest a really good tempered glass screen protector and a shockproof case that gives great protection to the screen? Not like the thin hard case nilkin one that I have. Links would be highly appreciated!! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Anyone know how long Honorbuy take to refund you?

Placed an order for one this morning and everything went fine (i.e went through the payment verified, payment accepted stages) then got an email about an hour later from them saying:

Hello!
    Thank you for your order.
    According to the policy of our company, we cannot accept a payment from an unverified pay pal account.
    So we suggest you that:
    1. We cancel your order, and make a refund to you. After you registered a pay pal account and your account was verified by the pay pal, then please place a new order with the registered and verified pay pal account.
    2. You can make payment by western union.
    Sorry for the inconveniences.
    Your prompt reply will be appreciated.
    Thanks!

To which I replied asking for a refund but have heard nothing since, and I would like to re order and at least get the order in before Christmas.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

aikap wrote: »
    Recently dropped my poco from a significant height and got some hairline crack in the screen. Now can anyone suggest a really good tempered glass screen protector and a shockproof case that gives great protection to the screen? Not like the thin hard case nilkin one that I have. Links would be highly appreciated!! Thanks
    Yep, while I have a few different cases depending on where I am working (some 'folio' type with full-screen protection and some not) I always make sure all my cases work with the glass screen protector.

To that end, here is what I have on at the moment:

1: case. https://www.amazon.co.uk/HERCN-Pocophone-Kickstand-Protective-Smartphone/dp/B07HB4RPNV/ref=sr_1_184?ie=UTF8&qid=1545172479&sr=8-184&keywords=poco%2Bf1%2Bcase&th=1 Have used this type of case for years and not had any problems.

2: Glass protector. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GTLRKQ7/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 loved this so much I left a review on amazon...

Both provide top-notch protection and won't break the bank.

Advertisement