Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocophone F1 - The new flagship killer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

eggy81 wrote: »
    Will this make any difference to the operation of the phone.
    no none you will just have to set your time manually

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

massy086 wrote: »
    no none you will just have to set your time manually

Funny story. Going Indian stops me from finding my 5ghz network on virgin media. Can anyone else confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭eggy81

Tried it there and it completely changed the operation of miui browser. Went back. I'm sure it'll be updated to work over here at some stage??

Changed the channel of the band and can see again. Will be changing to lineage once I can unlock my bootloader.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Tried it there and it completely changed the operation of miui browser. Went back. I'm sure it'll be updated to work over here at some stage??

Yea I so would not be using the built in browser, all other 3rd party ones like chrome and Firefox will be fine. It also changes the video recommendations on the built in video/music app (can also be turned off in apps settings) but I also would not be ever using them so no loss. Oh and wont be ever using it's own app store or theme apps, just use Google-Play and a 3rd party if you need too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 vsh

MarkR wrote: »
    Funny story. Going Indian stops me from finding my 5ghz network on virgin media. Can anyone else confirm?

I changed the region to Belgium and the face unlock works fine, as well as the 5GHz band of the router. And I think you're less lightly to have Indian ads...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

if anyone' still considering it, thumbs up to Honorbuy. Ordered 6pm Wednesday, delivered 11:30 today (Friday).
    €340 delivered for the 128GB version, with a TPU case and screen protector.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

tedpan wrote: »
    Pulling the trigger, for 300e the OnePlus 6/6t is not worth the marginal difference. Can't wait!

I recently picked up a one plus 6 for a christmas present but I'm actually thinking of getting this for myself...seems like there's very little difference in spec but a massive difference in price going off GSMarena.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Right lads, my O/H has decided she wants one of these. Will I be able to get one in time for Christmas, and if so, where's the best/cheapest place?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Duff wrote: »
    Right lads, my O/H has decided she wants one of these. Will I be able to get one in time for Christmas, and if so, where's the best/cheapest place?

Cheers.
    Honorbuy,
    Ordered my mi mix 3 on Monday and got it Thursday.
    Pick the European warehouse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

seannash wrote: »
    Honorbuy,
    Ordered my mi mix 3 on Monday and got it Thursday.
    Pick the European warehouse

Perfect. Thanks!

I should be on commission for this phone ha ha. Have three in work after I showed mine off. We've become the cult of Poco!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Duff wrote: »

Cheers.

Mine actually came with a TPU case in the (Xiaomi) box. So prob no point ordering a seperate TPU case. Damn that €1.75 wasted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

I am strongly suggesting reading Honorbuy reviews for aftersale services
    before placing the orders
    https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/honorbuy.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

MarkR wrote: »
    I have USB debugging ticked all right. The OEM unlocking switch always turns off when I leave that menu. Is that normal?

Edit, i revoked and reauthorised and OEM remains ticked now. Still getting he same issue with "press any key to restart" in fastboot, and device not detected.

Going to try an old windows 7 laptop.

Fourth time a charm.

Windows 10 seemed to have issues with finding the hardware. Finally got it working on a Win7 Pro machine. Still have to wait 50 something hours....

I know it's late and you sorted the issue but you have to go into device manager in windows while in fastboot mode and select the driver manually.

How do you get face recognition to work on this phone. Can't find anything in menus.

massy086 wrote: »
    You have to set the phone region to india

Just tested, face unlock works fine on UK region now (once you've updated MIUI 10)

Happy days

I know it's late and you sorted the issue but you have to go into device manager in windows while in fastboot mode and select the driver manually.

Device wasn't picked up in device manager at all in windows 10. Fortunately I had an old laptop with Windows 7 on it. Got it working straight away.

Windows 10 shenanigans.

Pie is out on poco F1 ! 10.1.3.0 is downloading right now.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

god's toy wrote: »
    Pie is out on poco F1 ! 10.1.3.0 is downloading right now.

:D
    Is it a push update or you downloading it and upgrading yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Ordered from Honorbuy on Sunday afternoon and arrived this morning, super quick delivery. Box is on my desk, staring at me can't wait to open it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

sioda wrote: »
    Is it a push update or you downloading it and upgrading yourself?

It's push but you can just download it here and then point the updated to it manually. "Choose update package"

https://bigota.d.miui.com/V10.1.3.0.PEJMIFI/miui_POCOF1Global_V10.1.3.0.PEJMIFI_f05771189d_9.0.zip

Downloading now myself.

And done :)

467937.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭honda boi

And done :)

467937.png

Any noticeable differences?
    Read somewhere about Google camera not working after updating

Haven't dived into it just yet so can't tell you. A few new prompts asking to allow things etc.

Just took a pic with the Google Cam app just fine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Bigserious1

Have a 64gb blue one arriving tomorrow from Amazon but bought a note 9 last week instead.

Anyone interested in it before I return it? Will owe me €320 I think.

honda boi wrote: »
    Any noticeable differences?
    Read somewhere about Google camera not working after updating
    Deffo opening apps faster, no question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

Very easy update has to be said.

I can't hide the notch now that's annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Albanach1

Had the Pocophone about 3 weeks now. 128GB from Honorbuy, cracking delivery time, ordered Sunday received Tuesday.

Very impressed with the phone so far, very fast. I'm using the Nova Launcher on it to give it the same feel of old HTC. Only thing missing for me is NFC but didn't use it too much so no real loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Raging.

Bought a 64GB one for 311stg on Amazon (gets delivered today) then I see they're going for less on honour buy for the 128gb one. :mad:

Think I might return to Amazon.

Wonder would I get an honour buy one before Christmas guys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Raging.

Bought a 64GB one for 311stg on Amazon (gets delivered today) then I see they're going for less on honour buy for the 128gb one. :mad:

Think I might return to Amazon.

Wonder would I get an honour buy one before Christmas guys?[/QUOTE

64GB ones were going for STG 279 on Amazon. I bought a 128GB from Honour buy, ordered Sunday 11.30 and received Tuesday 11.30 Am. :)

Advertisement