Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

That is not proof of anything at all. Are guards estate agents now? Some people are easily hoodwinked.
    She has 617 facebook friends which is about 3 times as many as me.
    If I found myself homeless like this woman claims I wouldn't be sleeping in a Garda station tonight or any night. I'd be with friends, cousins, work colleagues.
    But it won't happen anyway because I pay my way.

I've only got 51 but I guarantee that if I didn't pay my rent someone would put me and the dog up.

But then I wasn't dumb/irresponsible enough to breed the talentless version of the Von Trapps!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

House me House me House me.

About 6 kids and she expects to get a ****ing house while she has fun but we have pay for it.

Lack of Empathy my arse. Cop on and get a ****ing job for starters.

Feel sorry for genuine homeless who work hard

• Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

markodaly wrote: »
    Where is the proof that all 8 families slept there last night. None.

They slept at different garda stations. Read the statement from the gardaí, that's the proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

DONTMATTER wrote: »
    Yep

You've already been exposed as a nasty, hate filled individual. I'm sure the mods will sort you out soon.

Disagreeing with you is not being exposed!
    I don't want this family jumping any queue or being housed anywhere a working family could be instead.
    Take them in yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

wonder if i rocked up to a cop shop in the city tonight and told them i was homeless and took pictures of my family and posted them on the internet saying it was the states fault would i get a fry up the next morning?

Why not try it and post your experience here tomorrow so. That will answer your question.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Is their anything to said about revisiting eugenics?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

All the Fine Gaelers chiming in. Good on ye lads. Sterling job.

I don't want this family jumping any queue or being housed anywhere a working family could be instead.
    Take them in yourself?

Now that's funny!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

the school uniforms were a good move but i would have dressed them up like the cast of Oliver to give it the full nine yards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

All the Fein Gaelers chiming in. Good on ye lads. Sterling job.

Such a mature analysis.

Anyone who disagrees with you is a FG voter.

Cry me a river..

• Advertisement

All the Fein Gaelers chiming in. Good on ye lads. Sterling job.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Spelled it wrong there sport.

It's actually "hardworking responsible taxpayers tired of having f**k all left at the end of the month and having to save up to see a GP".

You're welcome.

Such a mature analysis.

Cry me a river..

Have i directed it at those disgreeing or those defending the government?

the school uniforms were a good move but i would have dressed them up like the cast of Oliver to give it the full nine yards.

Amateur! :D

Whole cast of Annie doing It's A Hard Knock Life. There's enough kids!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Spelled it wrong there sport.

It's actually "hardworking responsible taxpayers tired of having f**k all left at the end of the month and having to save up to see a GP".

You're welcome.

spelt it correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

It just goes to show how many people are out of touch with what's happening in their own country. It's interesting how they won't have a bad word said about the government. Fine Gael have been steering the ship since 2011. There aren't many hiding places left.

MAY 2017

http://www.echo.ie/show/article/homeless-families-including-up-to-30-children-told-to-go-to-garda-stations-as-there-were-no-beds-for-them
    Up to 12 homeless families, including up to 30 children, in Dublin were directed to go to Garda stations on Tuesday night for their own safety after accommodation could not be found for them.

MAY 2018

https://www.herald.ie/news/my-homeless-daughter-had-to-sleep-on-chairs-pulled-together-in-a-garda-station-36899024.html
    'My homeless daughter had to sleep on chairs pulled together in a garda station'

AUGUST 2018

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/0809/984012-homeless-dublin/
    Homeless family of seven forced to sleep in garda station

https://www.focusireland.ie/press/focus-ireland-welcomes-drhe-announcing-11-units-contingency-accommodation-now-place-ensure-no-family-without-bed/
    If a hotel room cannot be secured by late in the evening families who are homeless are directed to go to the local Garda station as a place of safety.

This isn't something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

LLMMLL wrote: »
    There were 8 families in DIFFERENT Garda stations last night.

Average of about 50 a month.

Because the new trick is stop collecting HAP and then they get house !

dav3 wrote: »
    It just goes to show how many people are out of touch with what's happening in their own country. It's interesting how they won't have a bad word said about the government. Fine Gael have been steering the ship since 2011. There aren't many hiding places left.

MAY 2017

http://www.echo.ie/show/article/homeless-families-including-up-to-30-children-told-to-go-to-garda-stations-as-there-were-no-beds-for-them

MAY 2018

https://www.herald.ie/news/my-homeless-daughter-had-to-sleep-on-chairs-pulled-together-in-a-garda-station-36899024.html

AUGUST 2018

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/0809/984012-homeless-dublin/

https://www.focusireland.ie/press/focus-ireland-welcomes-drhe-announcing-11-units-contingency-accommodation-now-place-ensure-no-family-without-bed/

This isn't something new.

Shinner bot Shinner bot Shinner bot.

Take them in yourself?

Look at your awful previous posts. That's where you were exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,250 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

lawred2 wrote: »
    I do feel for the kids though... It's no existence for them.

Used as pawns for children's allowance and now in a quite blatant stunt for a free gaff

How many times do we have to tell you to quit it with the feeling kids

Such a mature analysis.

Cry me a river..

It does seem like a high number of those who hate the needy are also government supporters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭xalot

According to the Irish Times

I’ve been 11 years on the housing list, they told me before I’ll be another four or five years waiting for a house.”

Her eldest is 10, who the hell has 6 more children when they already have no home to live in. People need to take some responsibility for bringing children into the world if they cant provide for them.

It does seem like a high number of those who hate the needy are also government supporters.
    probably just angry men, don't mind em

• Registered Users Posts: 45,354 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

The poor kids

probably just angry men, don't mind em

Reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I work a job i dislike at times, work long shifts and do 9/10/11 consective days in order to earn my keep and keep paying my mortgage.

Now thankfully i'm in a position due to working and not being a layabout to buy my home. House was cheap but did need of serious work. Stayed away from drink for large periods of time in order to save.

Myself and OH talk about having a child, but will wait until they are permanent in their their job before trying...because that's what responsible people do.

Mother should have the children removed and charged with neglect

xalot wrote: »
    According to the Irish Times

I’ve been 11 years on the housing list, they told me before I’ll be another four or five years waiting for a house.”

Her eldest is 10, who the hell has 6 more children when they already have no home to live in. People need to take some responsibility for bringing children into the world if they cant provide for them.
    the welfare state takes away personal responsibility thereby becoming self perpetuating by fueling itself with more dependants. once the machine starts, you can't stop it or else children will die. it's a bureaucrats wet dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Am i missing something or is this site full of fascist right wing thinkers?

Why would anyone make a laugh of this? The government have failed those kids. In Irish society no person should not have a front door of their own. I dont believe this to be a pr stunt.

You seem to be confusing 21st century Ireland with the 20th century Soviet Union

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Take them in yourself?

Look at your awful previous posts. That's where you were exposed.

You called me names alright but you're not exactly an authority! I'll repeat, if you won't pay for it, you shouldn't get it.
    I work 2 jobs, a full time one and a side business I have. I pay for everything I get but I don't want to pay for people with no jobs.
    Have you taken this crowd into your home yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,250 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    I work a job i dislike at times, work long shifts and do 9/10/11 consective days in order to earn my keep and keep paying my mortgage.

Myself and OH talk about having a child, but will wait until they are permanent in their their job before trying...because that's what responsible people do.

Don't worry about waiting.

I'm helping your OH to practice the making part of having the kids every day while you're off working like a dog

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Don't worry about waiting.

I'm helping your OH to practice the making part of having the kids every day while you're off working like a dog

:P

That explains the fake tan stains on my side of the bed:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement