Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Dannyriver wrote: »
    You re lucky to be in an institution where contracts negotiated 30 years ago are still being given out...How do you feel about the ones who do the same job without access to the same contract as you...masters students taking tutorials for pittance, PHD candidates doing lecture work for pittance.

I have no idea what College you've investigated but that doesn't happen here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

jjmcclure wrote: »
    Both actually, everyone receiving income either from work or benefits should pay something. Someone on 18k paying 500 in tax is ridiculous. And workers falling completely outside the tax net is unsustainable.

All citizens should contribute and the burden of scroungers like Mrs Cash should not fall on the shoulders of the very few.

In your example, of 20% flat tax rate.

Someone on 18,000 a year would go from 336.53(take-home) down to 276.92(take-home) all you will do is encourage more people to stay on the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Has she already derelict it? Or something has changed?
    And speaking on Today with Miriam on RTE Radio One, Margaret said she is being given a week trial in the apartment from Friday and after that they will take it month by month.
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/2990770/margaret-cash-apartment-dublin-city-council/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

I'd make a suggestion but a ban would be forthcoming so I will hold my water!

Good luck finding Mrs P!! If she's a good looking brother with a thing for chunky 48 year olds, does as he's told, knows his way round a vacuum and shuts up when the footy is on - ask him to apply @PlaneSpeeking!!!!

I am curious. I agree with a lot of what you say but I noticed you are the top poster on this thread with 502 posts and the 2nd place poster has just 162 posts.

Why do you care so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I am curious. I agree with a lot of what you say but I noticed you have 500+ posts on this thread alone and the 2nd place poster has 169 posts.

Why do you care so much?

Where you access that information

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Where you access that information

Go back to the main After Hours forum, find the thread and click on the Replies number (2nd last column).

I haven't seen a thread dominated so much by one person since some guy tried to convince everyone that Stars Wars The Last Jedi was a good film. He had nearly 40% of all posts on a busy thread.

I could be arrested for having an opinion
    Get a criminal record, lose my job
    go on the dole and be financially better off.

Might even demand a new house which I would obviously be "entitled" to.

some people are more entitled than others!

Personally, I think the media’s played a blinder here. I think Ms. Cash and her family have been used as ‘useful idiots’ to rile people up who hold a number of different perspectives and opinions with regards to who’s responsible, who’s to blame, and of course what’s to be done.

I haven't heard/read a single bit of media criticizing Cash. Instead, the media all cricitse the government, the councils, poor planning, underfunded organisations, etc. Everything except facing the actual circumstances of her behavior, not just today but over the period of having 7 children.

In respect of what can be done, to be perfectly honest I’d regard your opinion with a lot more consideration than some rabble rousing gobshìte who is only looking to incite people and get them incensed. Given your experience of working with travellers in education and your experience of Chinese culture and the effects of the One Child policy on their society, I’d be far more inclined to listen to that than giving a tinkers fcuk as it were how much Ms. Cash and her family are entitled to claim in benefits.

Thanks. I mean that. TBH I have nothing against Travellers, nor do I have any horrible stories about them that are so common on boards. At least no experiences that I haven't had the same with "settled" people.

I genuinely believe in equality. Race, gender, etc. And giving benefits to the Traveller community has not worked to move them towards a healthier and more productive lifestyle. Throwing money at them hasn't worked. It's the same with virtually all Aid programs for poverty groups both in the West and abroad... Simply supporting them does not encourage them to change their circumstances.

I firmly believe the best way to resolve the problems with Travellers is to remove all benefits that are not available to "settled" people, and treat them exactly the same. No more bleeding heart gestures, no more tolerance of a "culture" different to our own. Simply change, or gtfo.

except there is a risk that she may continue to cost us quite a bit, should she start commiting more criminality.

Lets pay each criminal caught by Garda 50k a year tax free.
    Crime problem solved!

Anthracite wrote: »
    her kids got kicked out of that summer scheme thing for bad behaviour after two days.
    At 9am. With no place to go!

• Advertisement

I am curious. I agree with a lot of what you say but I noticed you are the top poster on this thread with 502 posts and the 2nd place poster has just 162 posts.

Why do you care so much?

Because I have worked non stop since I was 18, I'm now 48. For the last 22 years until my dad went to a nursing home I was the sole breadwinner in my family. Sacrifices were made, my social life is basically watching my team play football.

I have worked in welfare, I've seen the struggles genuine people face, I've told parents on a Friday that they can get no money till Tuesday - no food, no power, no nothing. And this is when the dole in the UK was 30 odd quid a week.

Apart from a couple of weeks after my mother passed away, I have worked - I was signed up to three temp agencies at one point and would be working one place one week - three days somewhere else the week after (paying all own travel expensed, no handouts). This went on till I got a permanent role from one of these temp gigs in 1997. Been permanent since.

I've earned my salary. I've contributed, I've supported a household.

People like her and her defenders make me absolutely sick. I am nothing special, I'm just a normal working class woman brought up in an Irish family - in a crappy council house with vermin for a couple of years - cockroaches and mice.

Yet I was given values and a sense of pride in working. It is twisted that workers will never get anywhere near the money she is getting and yet she STILL moans and criticised anyone who dares question her.

She turned down a house in Meath ? I commute from Laois. So do a good 50 or 60 people just on my train alone. You do what you have to do to work. Well, most of us do.

I love my country but people like Ms Cash and her support team are what is wrong with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

A view from Feminist Ire

"Let me be perfectly clear; if you are one of those people who last week thought or said or posted or tweeted or commented that Margaret Cash had surely some part to play in sleeping in a garda station along with her children, you are one of those people who would have said the same about the mothers and the children in the Magdalen laundries and the Mother and Baby homes."

Anger is an energy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

I'd make a suggestion but a ban would be forthcoming so I will hold my water!

Good luck finding Mrs P!! If she's a good looking brother with a thing for chunky 48 year olds, does as he's told, knows his way round a vacuum and shuts up when the footy is on - ask him to apply @PlaneSpeeking!!!!

Have you any preferences for how old he must be? or anything else so I can pass it on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

I have no idea what College you've investigated but that doesn't happen here.

Well at least now we both know that you re capable of turning a blind eye to injustice when it suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

A view from Feminist Ire

"Let me be perfectly clear; if you are one of those people who last week thought or said or posted or tweeted or commented that Margaret Cash had surely some part to play in sleeping in a garda station along with her children, you are one of those people who would have said the same about the mothers and the children in the Magdalen laundries and the Mother and Baby homes."

Anger is an energy.

Sigh

Sigh

Oh for the love of God.

"Anger is an Energy" - wasn't that the B Side to Snap's "Rhythm is a Dancer" ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

You’re talking like someone who thinks they actually have any say in the matter? :confused:

I do have a say in the matter,so do you. It's a democracy,albeit a flawed one.

Public unrest regarding sham 'homelessness' is gathering speed.
    People are just sick of freeloaders, hiding the reality of their scheming from the social welfare.

The kids dad working on the black economy and the mum unable to keep their legs closed.

Gimme gimme gimme....... etc etc.

Everyone knows these types of scrotes.

Oh for the love of God.

"Anger is an Energy" - wasn't that the B Side to Snap's "Rhythm is a Dancer" ???

It was a Johhny (rotten) Lydon song.

Have you any preferences for how old he must be? or anything else so I can pass it on :pac:

Legal and able to buy beer, I'm easy!

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    It's a home ,

A home someone is paying for

It is easy to turn the "shelter" into home: just pay 30+ years a monthly mortgage + yearly insurance and property tax, and the "temporary shelter from the bank" turns into forever home!

Have you actually read any of my posts. Could you point to one, any one, in which I have shown approval of Ms Cash's interaction with the Social Welfare System.

After you fail to find it I will accept your apology.

Below average trolling..... 4/10.
    Must try harder.

Well at least now we both know that you re capable of turning a blind eye to injustice when it suits you.

That is idiotic at best. Back on ignore, you were given a chance to play nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

That is idiotic at best. Back on ignore, you were given a chance to play nice.

Ignore away love ... but we both know I'm right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Torch and pitchfork sales through the rough, keyboards destroyed by sprayed froth and key thumping......we can only thank lord jesus himself she wasn't nigerian.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I was wondering where you were going with that. Those situations you're trying to connect up are absolutely not in any way similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Odhinn wrote: »
    Torch and pitchfork sales through the rough, keyboards destroyed by sprayed froth and key thumping......we can only thank lord jesus himself she wasn't nigerian.

Why, what would happen if she was?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭SnazzyPig

What a ridiculous exaggeration.

• Advertisement

Wheety wrote: »
    I was wondering where you were going with that. Those situations you're trying to connect up are absolutely not in any way similar.

I agree they are not but my point still stands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement