Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

Faith+1 wrote: »
    So anyone with a valid point to make is deemed a 'prejudiced conservative'

The fcuking cheek of the media

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/larissa-nolan-progressive-liberals-now-think-its-okay-to-sneer-at-single-mums-37226006.html

I was a single Mum when my children were still dependent on me. Pissed off that the indo are pulling this single parent ****e it’s like I’m sneering at myself. Don’t try and talk on my behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Imagine stigmatizing your children like that by having them dragged to a garda station and the. Releasing pics of it.

Truly horrendous carry on from the one who is suppose to look after them.

They had enough obstacles in life without that shi*e.

While cruel trolls have hit out at her online for having such a large family, she said she was only following the Traveller way of life, and to ‘cook, clean and have kids’.

This is a serious problem. The traveler way of life is incompatible with western values. I'm not sure what the solution is.

https://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=b9_21415033_15036_16-08-2018_

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This is a serious problem. The traveler way of life is incompatible with western values. I'm not sure what the solution is.

https://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=b9_21415033_15036_16-08-2018_

Is part of these western values you speak of not to embrace other values and cultures?

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Is part of these western values you speak of not to embrace other values and cultures?

Yeah to a degree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

If she insists on living the "traveller life" of cooking, cleaning and having babies, why does she need a house? What's wrong with a caravan?

Either join mainstream Irish society or don't. You can't have it both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

If she insists on living the "traveller life" of cooking, cleaning and having babies, why does she need a house? What's wrong with a caravan?

Either join mainstream Irish society or don't. You can't have it both ways.

Tell that to all the Irish teachers in the ME earning big dollar whilst maintaining a western lifestlyle...I thought us westerners were meant to be the open minded ones.

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Travelers used to drive around the country and pulling in where ever they wanted. That's now illegal. We haven't embraced their culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Faith+1 wrote: »
    So anyone with a valid point to make is deemed a 'prejudiced conservative'

The fcuking cheek of the media

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/larissa-nolan-progressive-liberals-now-think-its-okay-to-sneer-at-single-mums-37226006.html

The Government really need to stop impregnating people

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I am in shock

This thread is still going and no police at my door when I arrived home.

I thought melendez had phoned the police on us people who dared to question his utter stupidity.
    Thats right, call Cash a convicted criminal and Melendez will claim you hate travelers on one of many deflection tactics
    Highlight how cash is a terrible role model and Melensez will question your post count in another deflection tactic.

I can only summise Melensez has either a free home, a criminal conviction, a victim complex mentality or has come so far in the defence of MrsCash they have reached a point where they will continue to defend rather than admit they fukced up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Tell that to all the Irish teachers in the ME earning big dollar whilst maintaining a western lifestlyle...I thought us westerners were meant to be the open minded ones.

That has precisely zero to do with this conversation. And the Irish over there aren't doing it at the tax payers' expense.

That has precisely zero to do with this conversation. And the Irish over there aren't doing it at the tax payers' expense.

That has everything to do with the post I was referring to. Irish people are free to dress and behave exactly like they would do in Ireland in a country where a lot of their behaviour is forbidden for the locals within the laws of the country. In other words their culture is tolerated and accepted. Elaborate on your meaning of zero in this instance.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

It's beyond me why my tax money is paying for people with not enough IQ to realise if you can't support your children maybe you should keep your legs closed.

People like this have an inflated sense of entitlement, the world owes them a living.

They should put people like her in camps with only the basic of amenities, basic food, health care, schooling and make it mandatory to work. You work you get rewarded with better amenities. You keep popping out kids your amenities become even more basic, great motivation for using basic contraception.

It's beyond me why my tax money is paying for people with not enough IQ to realise if you can't support your children maybe you should keep your legs closed.

People like this have an inflated sense of entitlement, the world owes them a living.

They should put people like her in camps with only the basic of amenities, basic food, health care, schooling and make it mandatory to work. You work you get rewarded with better amenities. You keep popping out kids your amenities become even more basic, great motivation for using basic contraception.

'Camps' you say

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

Travelers used to drive around the country and pulling in where ever they wanted. That's now illegal. We haven't embraced their culture.

Lots of things are now illegal. Kids unrestrained in a car, not sending kids to school, burning rubbish, fixing your own gas boiler, smoking in the car with kids.

Also, life changes, most of our ancestors were peasant farmers , we don't do that now, for many reasons, and we don't miss it because it sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,092 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

That has everything to do with the post I was referring to. Irish people are free to dress and behave exactly like they would do in Ireland in a country where a lot of their behaviour is forbidden for the locals within the laws of the country. In other words their culture is tolerated and accepted. Elaborate on your meaning of zero in this instance.?

Total Bullshyte.

You try pulling some of the cr** Irish pull at home or in the likes of Australia in the Middle East and you will quickly find "your" culture is now welcome nor tolerated.

Yes, you can go on the p**s if you do it behind closed doors in a hotel or in some compound.
    You can shag or suck the gob off who you like if it is done behind closed doors, but any of that carry on in public and you are fooked in another sense of the word.
    Girls can wear a tank top and a miniskirt in their home but good look trying that out in public.

Also I am sick of this shyte where what a lot of travellers primarily get up is termed culture.
    Girls getting married under the age of 18, having dozens of kids and forced to mind the "home", forcing kids to leave school early, bear fist fighting to solve family feuds, celebrating a wedding or funeral with a faction fight, sulky racing on open roads, collecting scrap and leaving places as refuse kips is not a fecking culture.

Lots of things are now illegal. Kids unrestrained in a car, not sending kids to school, burning rubbish, fixing your own gas boiler, smoking in the car with kids.

Also, life changes, most of our ancestors were peasant farmers , we don't do that now, for many reasons, and we don't miss it because it sucked.

I'm not saying it's incorrect, it was a response to the other poster.

na1 wrote: »
    Can't afford to rent ANY place, or the place they want to live in?)

I'm 41 years old, and have been working since I was 18 (while I was in University). Out of all the apartments, and houses, I have lived in, I would say two were of a standard that I wanted to live in them (one being the house I have a mortgage on). Most were within my price range, or barely adequate although with a bit of work, became comfortable. And even then, none of them were in particularly exclusive or wonderful locations.

The point is that most of us have to work up to the point where we can afford a place we want to live in. It takes time.

This is more of this entitlement crap that has afflicted this country. That people are entitled to a wonderful lifestyle without the commitment to improve their lot. Well... they're not. At least, not off the back of the taxpayer. If they want those places to live, they can go out and work for them, like the rest of us.

And based on the contributions to this thread, Cash is receiving as much as 56k euro... you really think she can't afford to rent an apartment in a less than desirable area?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

A caravan may not be big enough for her. And who would pay for the caravan?

It amounts to the same thing. She needs someone to give to her but the idea of working to get things is alien to her.

Those westerners aren't receiving grants or support as a disadvantaged part of society. They're also fully employed within the ME, and are bound by rather strict laws regarding their behavior. Wonder if we could place the travellers in compounds with curfews and inspections regarding their behavior? (as they have in the ME for many teachers)

Frankly, the comparison is ridiculous, and shows you have no idea what you're talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

bobbyss wrote: »

It amounts to the same thing. She needs someone to give to her but the idea of working to get things is alien to her.

Funny enough she tried the caravan route

TRESPASSING ARREST Homeless mum Margaret Cash tells how she was arrested after trying to live in caravan in abandoned yard

Margaret and her kids made international headlines this week after she released photos of her family having to sleep overnight on hard chairs in a Garda station

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2972064/homeless-mum-margaret-cash-arrested-caravan/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

bobbyss wrote: »

She actually already has a Mobile home

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Funny enough she tried the caravan route

TRESPASSING ARREST Homeless mum Margaret Cash tells how she was arrested after trying to live in caravan in abandoned yard

Margaret and her kids made international headlines this week after she released photos of her family having to sleep overnight on hard chairs in a Garda station

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2972064/homeless-mum-margaret-cash-arrested-caravan/

no mrs cash someone owns that yard and if anything happened to you or your family on that private property you would probably have the neck to sue the owners

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Im actually shocked this thread is still on-going.

I read today in one of the papers, a red top, that Mrs Cash (BTW, Cash was her maiden name) Was offered the three bed house but has said its not a forever home that she wanted.

Again, I am sorry for the kids in this case, they never asked for a 28 year old baby factory of a mother. Fair play to her mind you for having 7 kids before 28. I had two, but I was too busy working, studying, working some more, and getting better from illness to have anymore. Its a shame, I would like my own seven a side team.

All joking, she should be offered a home, we should all then be able to follow the progress of her home, how well she keeps it, how well she fits in. This home SHOULD also be located beside Mirriam O'Callaghan, who BTW i met with her husband in Muckross house last year in Kilarney who was giving out about the beggers in Kilarney town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I see "activists" have taken over a house on Frederick Street in their blind attempt to make a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Can't wait to see the photos of the mobile home being delivered at the complex where the 3 bed apartment is ,

She will be telling us about her right as a traveler to have a mobile or caravan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Gatling wrote: »
    Can't wait to see the photos of the mobile home being delivered at the complex where the 3 bed apartment is ,

She will be telling us about her right as a traveler to have a mobile or caravan

she is "entitled" to do so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Im actually shocked this thread is still on-going.

I read today in one of the papers, a red top, that Mrs Cash (BTW, Cash was her maiden name) Was offered the three bed house but has said its not a forever home that she wanted.

Again, I am sorry for the kids in this case, they never asked for a 28 year old baby factory of a mother. Fair play to her mind you for having 7 kids before 28. I had two, but I was too busy working, studying, working some more, and getting better from illness to have anymore. Its a shame, I would like my own seven a side team.

All joking, she should be offered a home, we should all then be able to follow the progress of her home, how well she keeps it, how well she fits in. This home SHOULD also be located beside Mirriam O'Callaghan, who BTW i met with her husband in Muckross house last year in Kilarney who was giving out about the beggers in Kilarney town.
    Big Brother on RTE1 every night?

jmayo wrote: »
    Total Bullshyte.

You try pulling some of the cr** Irish pull at home or in the likes of Australia in the Middle East and you will quickly find "your" culture is now welcome nor tolerated.

Yes, you can go on the p**s if you do it behind closed doors in a hotel or in some compound.
    You can shag or suck the gob off who you like if it is done behind closed doors, but any of that carry on in public and you are fooked in another sense of the word.
    Girls can wear a tank top and a miniskirt in their home but good look trying that out in public.

Also I am sick of this shyte where what a lot of travellers primarily get up is termed culture.
    Girls getting married under the age of 18, having dozens of kids and forced to mind the "home", forcing kids to leave school early, bear fist fighting to solve family feuds, celebrating a wedding or funeral with a faction fight, sulky racing on open roads, collecting scrap and leaving places as refuse kips is not a fecking culture.

You ve never been to the Dubai I take it yeah?

As for that description of aspects of Traveler culture you ve just given I don t agree with or condone ...nor do I condone the way settled people rob houses and get slaughtered drunk in every town and city in the country every weekend ...fighting and puking outside chippers...Do those that behave like that make it our culture. >?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭tintin67

Gatling wrote: »

Is it wrong of me to wish somebody would rob it and park it up in Miriam O'Callaghan's driveway, just for the laugh like?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement