Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

Feisar wrote: »
    To be clear I hold no ire against the poor kids (not that my like or dislike matter a whit), however what hope do they have?

We know nothing about the children, and we shouldn't be posting about them, except in the most abstract of sense. ie. how Cash's behavior or life choices are likely to affect their future. Commenting on how the children are now... is worse than useless. At least we can draw some details about the mothers life and behavior. Not so with the children.

I say leave speaking specifically about the children out of the discussion entirely. The mothers behavior is damning enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

If she ain't poor she could have afforded her own accommodation then before going public with this well planned story that not only made national headlines but global headlines.

I'm patiently awaiting to hear of other families pulling this stunt.

Namely the 2 women in Co.Cork amongst others.

Forget a mobile home and a caravan in a patch of grass in a housing estate, forget sleeping in tents on a beach, they should have camped in the garda station like Ms Cash the cute hoor.

Certainly a big news story in Ireland but global headlines? I very much doubt that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

jjmcclure wrote: »
    Putting all the ranting and raving aside, the majority here are rightly upset by what has happened and how it has been portrayed by the media.

Should we start another thread for those who are opposed to what happened and craft a letter to the main media outlets and a formal complaint to RTE regarding the biased coverage of this story? We should also register the dissatisfaction of the silent majority with the government via our local TD's.

I wonder how many boards users we could get to "sign" the letter? Could we start a movement here??

Count me in. I am still incensed by this whole circus.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Certainly a big news story in Ireland but global headlines? I very much doubt that is the case.

It was posted several pages back it appeared in New Zealand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

jjmcclure wrote: »
    Putting all the ranting and raving aside, the majority here are rightly upset by what has happened and how it has been portrayed by the media.

Should we start another thread for those who are opposed to what happened and craft a letter to the main media outlets and a formal complaint to RTE regarding the biased coverage of this story? We should also register the dissatisfaction of the silent majority with the government via our local TD's.

I wonder how many boards users we could get to "sign" the letter? Could we start a movement here??

Yes, yet another angry letter sent to RTE signed by anonymous is exactly what's needed.

The homeless crisis doesn't exist.
    The rental crisis doesn't exist.
    The housing crisis doesn't exist.
    There are no waiting lists for hospitals.
    There are no people lying on trolleys in hospitals.
    There is no cover-up by the catholic church with regards to sexual abuse.

There is however, Margaret Cash and taxing the poor.

We're all waiting with bated breath to see where this "movement" goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Wheety wrote: »
    Your point does not stand.

Not agreeing with someone claiming a lot of free money and demanding a free house is not the same as someone being on a different contract and earning more than someone else.

Tell that to the person doing the same job for less money due to the eroding of workers rights since the 80's... I never said they were the same my point was around what s fair and unfair and how easily people turn a blind eye to what s unfair when the odds are stacked on their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

dav3 wrote: »
    Yes, yet another angry letter sent to RTE signed by anonymous is exactly what's needed.

as opposed to the lazy waster movement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    Count me in. I am still incensed by this whole circus.

Me too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

naughtb4 wrote: »
    The lazy waster movement?

Jesus wept, whoever at Boards came up with the ignore button deserves a medal.

I'd say the lazy waster movement is well established - they at least have political support! From elected lazy wasters but still!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Jesus wept, whoever at Boards came up with the ignore button deserves a medal.

I'd say the lazy waster movement is well established - they at least have political support! From elected lazy wasters but still!!!

That's exactly what I meant.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

That's not homeless... and frankly, we really should be objecting strongly to the notion that it is.

I said this before: I am (as most people on this thread) also "homeless".
    I have only a "temporary shelter" from my bank - which is "reviewed on the monthly basis". And if I stop paying a monthly contributions to bank. My "shelter accomodation" will be taken away from me by the bank. And I have to sleep at local Garda station.
    so the only difference between me and Ms Cash that I have to pay a substantial amount each month.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Well, to I'm sure the utter disgust of the Ms Cash Entitlement Posse, I am leaving early.

Using my hard earned money to go football.

It will be good to be in a crowd of good solid working class people - those who actually work that is!

See you all on the other side, fight the good fight and workers of the world, you have nothing to lose but your chains! If we could afford chains!!!

na1 wrote: »
    I said this before: I am (as most people on this thread) also "homeless".
    I have only a "temporary shelter" from my bank - which is "reviewed on the monthly basis". And if I stop paying a monthly contributions to bank. My "shelter accomodation" will be taken away from me by the bank. And I have to sleep at local Garda station.
    so the only difference between me and Ms Cash that I have to pay a substantial amount each month.

I also have a mortgage, but the State isn't going to offer me loads of money to pay it, and frankly, won't give a damn if I can't pay, losing both the house, and the past 15 years of installments. But then, I'm male, and can't have 7 children 'easily'.

The point remains though. The word homeless should be used solely to describe those traditionally considered homeless... not people who can afford to rent a place but don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

dav3 wrote: »

What is your problem?
    Because we are calling out ms cash for leading her life of entitlement at the taxpayers expense, that somehow means we are turning a blind eye to sexual abuse, people on trolleys and waiting lists?
    Are you serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

not people who can afford to rent a place but don't.

Can't afford to rent ANY place, or the place they want to live in?)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

They can deduct it at source from welfare but that requires signed consent.

Signed consent from who?

tom1ie wrote: »
    Signed consent from who?

The person in receipt of the welfare payment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

The person in receipt of the welfare payment

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

tom1ie wrote: »
    What is your problem?
    Because we are calling out ms cash for leading her life of entitlement at the taxpayers expense, that somehow means we are turning a blind eye to sexual abuse, people on trolleys and waiting lists?
    Are you serious?

Sadly the irony is lost on some.

If Ms Cash and her ilk was not getting thousands per year maybe some of these other crisis would not be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Her "im entitled to a house" statement is infuriating. Fair enough, if someone tries really hard to get their shít together over a long period of time and it doesn't work out, the state should be able to provide means tested assistance.

But this one signed up to the housing list at aged 17. She never bothered her hole and is now approaching the one million euro mark in terms of welfare received from the state in just over a decade.

A million quid and shes still only 28.

• Advertisement

She got awarded a house? Anyone got a link to this?

LOL

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Social+Welfare/household+budget.htm

She can pay the following through the above

Local Authority / Housing Body Payments
    Electric Ireland
    Bord Gáis Energy
    eircom
    Airtricity
    Irish Water

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

So anyone with a valid point to make is deemed a 'prejudiced conservative'

The fcuking cheek of the media

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/larissa-nolan-progressive-liberals-now-think-its-okay-to-sneer-at-single-mums-37226006.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Social+Welfare/household+budget.htm

She can pay the following through the above

Local Authority / Housing Body Payments
    Electric Ireland
    Bord Gáis Energy
    eircom
    Airtricity
    Irish Water

Oh i get what you're saying .

She is hardly going to agree to it though. This will be her cycle

Moved into place -> Dont pay rent -> after 18months rent free removed from premises -> go public that her 7 kids are now homeless -> public outcry -> moved into place

And the cycle goes on and on

Hilarious

LOL

Same as tenants on rental assistance. They have to give permission for the rent allowance to go directly from the state dept to the landlord even though the payment is a contribution towards the rent. Go figure, eh?

I think HAP is different though.

If they're Thousand people like her then they cost the state 50 million a year. That's 1 Billion over 20 years for doing sweet FA.

Oh i get what you're saying .

She is hardly going to agree to it though. This will be her cycle

Moved into place -> Dont pay rent -> after 18months rent free removed from thrashed premises -> go public that her multiples of kids are now homeless -> public outcry -> moved into place

And the cycle goes on and on

Hilarious

Slightly edited but what you say is correct.

If they're Thousand people like her then they cost the state 50 million a year. That's 1 Billion over 20 years for doing sweet FA.

When Joan Burton was in Social Welfare she estimated 80% of the OPFP claimants were living with the partners, predominantly mothers but also some fathers get the payment, if each of these are doing a Ms Cash I can only imagine the figure.

I fully accept that a lot of the cases of OPFP are legitimate just to make it clear.

• Advertisement

When Joan Burton was in Social Welfare she estimated 80% of the OPFP claimants were living with the partners, predominantly mothers but also some fathers get the payment, if each of these are doing a Ms Cash I can only imagine the figure.

I fully accept that a lot of the cases of OPFP are legitimate just to make it clear.

Oh ya I'm just giving a very small portion of people.

I reckon it's well more then what I'm claiming but trying just give a sense of how bad things are and how much it costs.

Are the left in country going fix that? Ya ****ing right they will.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement