Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 8 **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Did Max have a brother, I missed that one.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭geecee

Did Max have a brother, I missed that one.
    Virgil!
    https://homeland.fandom.com/wiki/Virgil_Piotrowski

geecee wrote: »

the camera and bug guy. never even noticed that he was Max's brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

glasso wrote: »
    We don't see Trump behind the scenes like we do the guy in make-believe Tv land.

A weak president is one of the more believable things in this show.

That's fair enough, it doesn't bother you. It is something that is ruining the show a bit for me.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    That's fair enough, it doesn't bother you. It is something that is ruining the show a bit for me.

I don't like the way he is played as he is too much of a drip yes - but only a few episodes to go - has flagged a little - hopefully it can manage a good finish.

• Advertisement

one of the best episodes so far this season

Yevgeny finally shows his true colours - what did Carrie really fooking think was going to happen...?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

8.9: Wow! What an episode!

Kept me guessing till the end. I was figuring Carrie/Yevgeny would be played out for another few episodes.

Seems to be doubling down on that earlier guess.
    Slydice wrote: »
    Feels like the two key players will be Carrie getting the flight recorder and that other Taliban guy who was pushing for peace.

Yevgeny said he's a planner. Just down to how much now and how far back. They've opened the possibility that the Russians could've sabotaged the Helicopter.

Slydice wrote: »

Yevgeny said he's a planner. Just down to how much now and how far back. They've opened the possibility that the Russians could've sabotaged the Helicopter.

seems pretty certain to me that it was just mechanical failure from the flight recorder playback.

the Russians want an unstable region so don't want that truth getting out.

it was also said during this episode that the Russians are supporting the Taliban.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Its all got so so messy and ive no idea how this is gonna end

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭lukin

I was hoping the writers wouldn't go down the route of a relationship between Carrie and Yevgeny. Disappointing that they did.

• Advertisement

lukin wrote: »
    I was hoping the writers wouldn't go down the route of a relationship between Carrie and Yevgeny. Disappointing that they did.

well they didn't really - she tried use her body to "change the subject" and it didn't really work!

it was a fake "relationship" on both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

did we not see the taliban fire rockets at the helicopters

did we not see the taliban fire rockets at the helicopters

not at the president's helicopter - at a second helicopter.

not at the president's helicopter - at a second helicopter.
    well thats ok they just tried to shoot down the presidents helicopter, but shot another killing x US soldiers breaking a cease fire but didn't succeed...

well thats ok they just tried to shoot down the presidents helicopter, but shot another killing x US soldiers breaking a cease fire but didn't succeed...

well we don't know what Taliban faction did this - could have been ones associated with the twerp son (who weren't in on the ceasefiire)

the president's helicopter showed no sign of RPG damage.

from the flight recorder seemed to strongly indicate that it was mechanical failure.

isn't that a bit redundant being that it is the last season so that is a fait accompli?

it was never the best show on tv (even season 1) but somehow did just about enough to keep one watching it (aside from seasons 2 and most especially 3 which were shyte - I stopped and went back to it later)

Yeah but what I meant by "putting it out of it's misery" is that it doesn't feel like it will have an ending that will conclude it properly. It will be more like "Oh well that wasn't really much a finale". I know there is still time for it to have a really good ending that will make the viewers remember it fondly but I doubt it.

well we don't know what Taliban faction did this - could have been ones associated with the twerp son (who weren't in on the ceasefiire)

the president's helicopter showed no sign of RPG damage.

from the flight recorder seemed to strongly indicate that it was mechanical failure.

any taliban faction is taliban even Saul would have to admit that.

any taliban faction is taliban even Saul would have to admit that.

it's not when Haqqani snr had agreed to and was respecting a ceasefire whereas the twerpy son was not.

and Saul saw this difference clearly obviously as he disregarded the shooting down of the second chopper and did his best to save Haqqani snr from a show trial and execution.

if any Taliban faction is Taliban he wouldn't have tried to save Haqqani

so it's all being set-up for a the threat of possible nuclear war between the US and Pakistan.

just what Russia wants.

how is this going to be defused....?

it's not when Haqqani snr had agreed to and was respecting a ceasefire whereas the twerpy son was not.

and Saul saw this difference clearly obviously as he disregarded the shooting down of the second chopper and did his best to save Haqqani snr from a show trial and execution.

if any Taliban faction is Taliban he wouldn't have tried to save Haqqani

Saul couldn't sell the Talbian are not the Taliban to any American President or public, even the best of them.

• Advertisement

Saul couldn't sell the Talbian are not the Taliban to any American President or public, even the best of them.

that's not what you posted.

that's not what you posted.
    it is Saul can think what he wants and discuss that with Carie but if he was challenged by the powers that be he would have to admit that the Taliban is the Taliban.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Great episode tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 15,572 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I can't believe Carrie was so naive and careless to think her Russian friend was really trustworthy. She was crazy to turn her back on him thinking he would help her.

glasso
    could have been ones associated with the twerp son

As for the Taliban son his name is Jalal.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    I can't believe Carrie was so naive and careless to think her Russian friend was really trustworthy. She was crazy to turn her back on him thinking he would help her.

glasso
    could have been ones associated with the twerp son

As for the Taliban son his name is Jalal.

yes that's that what I was saying - most likely some Taliban aligned with twerpy that downed the 2nd chopper. it wasn't H Snr's work.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

**** that was some ending to tonights episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Ohh what an ending.. Only 2 episodes left after this too.. No idea where or what's gonna happen

I would have preferred something more nuanced and complex where she actually questions the whole "great game", struggles with the morality of it and possibly goes against it on a crucial decision at the end.

double-agent guessing a bit old imo.

good to see Max getting a more prominent role from the outset in this season.

So they are going this way in the end - perfectly encapsulating the whole "it's not black and white but shades of grey" nature of that world and not some silly rehash of the first series.

an attempt at a smart ending to the series that should be commended - hopefully they can pull it off with a good execution.

good episode there episode 10 even though I found it strange at the start that the Russians would have just let Carrie go but that was obviously explained.

did they run out of budget there at the end not showing that expected episode finale - must have - hardly saving it for the start of the next episode.

That was a heart-breaking ending; I hope Jenna didn't get killed by that suicide bomb, I'd say she was out of range though. The driver shouldn't have been answering back to Haqqani's son so much; he sealed his own fate really, he would have been OK if he'd kept his gob shut.
    Hard to see how the Americans will get the flight recorder back now; I am pretty sure there won't be a war between Pakistan and the US though.
    I also hope Carrie won't end up having to spend the rest of her natural life in the big house.

• Advertisement

lukin wrote: »
    That was a heart-breaking ending; I hope Jenna didn't get killed by that suicide bomb, I'd say she was out of range though. The driver shouldn't have been answering back to Haqqani's son so much; he sealed his own fate really, he would have been OK if he'd kept his gob shut.
    Hard to see how the Americans will get the flight recorder back now; I am pretty sure there won't be a war between Pakistan and the US though.
    I also hope Carrie won't end up having to spend the rest of her natural life in the big house.

she probably will if she manages to find out who the mole is and tells the Russians or gets caught in the process.

Advertisement