Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 8 **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,209 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

8.04 - You could really see the shock on Saul's face when word on the chopper came through. To borrow from 24, peace is a son of a bitch, though if this were 24, the VP would be in on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭piplip87

Just seen the fifth episode. Really enjoy where this season is going. It's getting back to basics. I think the VP is involved in the crash somehow. He seen the press conference and knew he couldn't possibly run against the president.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

it was probably some Taliban faction that didn't get word that a ceasefire was called

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭lukin

fryup wrote: »
    it was probably some Taliban faction that didn't get word that a ceasefire was called

A safe bet that it was Haqqani's son (the one he could have whacked but didn't) was behind this. Killing off the POTUS is a bit too 24-ish for me (actually even 24 didn't go that far ever I think). I suppose the writers are thinking because it's the last season they can let their imaginations run wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

piplip87 wrote: »
    Just seen the fifth episode. Really enjoy where this season is going. It's getting back to basics. I think the VP is involved in the crash somehow. He seen the press conference and knew he couldn't possibly run against the president.

Yeah, they are really hinting at the US side.. either through budget cuts leading to dodgy equipment or something shady with the VP. It's odd though what they are doing with him, he seems to be getting portrayed indecisive and cowardly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

catch up Q - why did President Keane resign?

I get the impression that it's the chief of staff guy, not the VP.

The chief of staff dude really pushed him (VP) to bomb the heli wreck.

Maybe I'm wrong but that seemed well dodge the way he worded it as if the VP had no choice whatsoever.

don't think that the VP was involved - not the way they are presenting it.

he was completely ineffectual and indecisive after the crash.

maybe it was just an accident - although that wouldn't fit the normal narrative of these shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Enjoyed that but credibility is being stretched to the limit with the president debacle.
    Apart from a small team of troops, the closest help is an hour away for the US president who ran into trouble on a pre-planned route in a warzone in the year 2020...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Im struggling to remember but thought that chief of staff was portrayed last season as a bit dodgey, but it was red herring?... it was Keane herself who went off the rails. I was surprised to see him back either way.

• Advertisement

Standman wrote: »
    Enjoyed that but credibility is being stretched to the limit with the president debacle.
    Apart from a small team of troops, the closest help is an hour away for the US president who ran into trouble on a pre-planned route in a warzone in the year 2020...

Yeah that was ridiculous but they had to do that to create the tension about getting the flight recorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I don't think Ken Barlow's son is the bad guy.

Im struggling to remember but thought that chief of staff was portrayed last season as a bit dodgey, but it was red herring?... it was Keane herself who went off the rails. I was surprised to see him back either way.
    he was in a relationship with a Russian spy and now he is chief of staff?

he was in a relationship with a Russian spy and now he is chief of staff?

how many times has Carrie been taken back in after monumental f-ups lol?

Carrie trying to cover up the conversation with Yvevgeny will surely come into it.

Max obviously has to be still alive.

my guess is that the dying soldier beside him at the end shoots the Taliban man.

glasso wrote: »
    how many times has Carrie been taken back in after monumental f-ups lol?

Carrie trying to cover up the conversation with Yvevgeny will surely come into it.

Max obviously has to be still alive.

my guess is that the dying soldier beside him at the end shoots the Taliban man.
    carrie is background not a top official.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I don't think Ken Barlow's son is the bad guy.

Never knew that was his son

carrie is background not a top official.

she was special adviser (in same room as) to the president etc etc

moot point.

point is that in Homeland tv world it doesn't matter.

same applies to Saul etc.

it's only if you're a pedo like Dar Adal that you can't :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

One of the best shows ever,along with the original "Wallander" and the swedish "The Bridge"

One of the best shows ever,along with the original "Wallander" and the swedish "The Bridge"

that's going a bit far in fairness

killed off a lot of its viewers with terrible seasons 2 and 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

It's Carrie who has been turned - or at least that is what the story so far is hinting at.
    She persuaded the president to come and meet the troops.
    She had a meeting with Yevgeny that nobody could listen in on.
    She went off script when the president was heading out to meet the troops.
    I can see all of this being used against her now and accusations being made. It would be quite the ending to the show if it ended with Carrie being (wrongly) found guilty of being turned!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Great episode last night, not your usual gung-ho american army stuff.
    These soldiers getting shot and been left behind.

I thought Max would've been getting that black box from the chopper without needing Carrie to bloody ring him and tell him to do it - rooting around in the president's body for bits and pieces and they getting overrun outside.

Surprised they didn't retreat straight away whille hauling the presidents body as best they could with them as soon as the Taliban showed up.

Good stuff though - Mandy Patinkin, the guy that plays Saul is a great actor

glasso wrote: »
    that's going a bit far in fairness

killed off a lot of its viewers with terrible seasons 2 and 3.

Na for me personally I loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I have been following 'Homeland' for years but missed the last episode. Season 8 is a big improvement on previous seasons.
    Not sure how it will play out but I was thinking that the Russian guy clearly has an asset inside in order to get that note on to Carrie's desk, maybe the station chief who is not an Alpha. Could the Russians be trying to mess it up in order to keep the US there for another 20 years? I hope poor Max get some kind of medal for all his trouble over the years!

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

6: Ah! I knew
    she'd be done for it!

Anyway..
    that felt like the only smart move for Haqqani to make. Probably he'd be done by his own or the ISI or his son.. or a a combo if he didn't.

Right at the end there
    as I watched yer wan Jenna, the other CIA agent, watching Carrie leave at the airport.. some kinda tingling about her possibly being the double agent the Russians have in the Kabul Station.

Max
    clearly going delerious from the gunshot wound from when he ran. Not sure but I think it was a through-and-through so maybe it's just infection in the wound. He's gonna need a doc though.

So Carrie and the Russians working together now....

Surely the Russians' own interests will come into play at some point before the end of this.

How are they going to construe the heli flight recorder (the red box) be found now that it's in the Afghan flea market system...?

"Haissam f###ing Haqqani at the west gate!"
    :D

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

is this ****e still on? 8 seasons !!! my god.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Slydice wrote: »

Right at the end there
    as I watched yer wan Jenna, the other CIA agent, watching Carrie leave at the airport.. some kinda tingling about her possibly being the double agent the Russians have in the Kabul Station.

Just watched it now. Yep, that's the vibe I got from her when she looked at Carrie. The writers must have felt we (the audience) needed to be pointed in the right (or wrong) direction as we head towards the finale. Assuming Jenna is the mole, then Yevgeny working with Carrie would imply that the Russians are not responsible for the assassinations. Carrie might still have been turned while in Russia but that might play out in another way.

They need to find that blackbox.

Still wondering about Haqqani's estranged son and the role of the ISI.

I'm enjoying this season more than the last couple. Much better pacing and the almost prescient portrayal of real world events in Afghanistan only serve to make it a must watch show for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭cmac2009

No, it finished last season, this thread is an elaborate hoax. Well done everybody, we got him. Back to the day jobs.

• Advertisement

Love it

Advertisement