Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 8 **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I sure hope Carrie turns this around for herself as it is looking grim for her at the moment.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

8.7:
    F***********cck! Max is f*cked. I was all Do it Carrie, do-it, do-it do-it now! but then Yevgeny got her and I guess it makes sense. I can't see her or even her and Yevgeny being able take out all those guys with rifles. Didn't even look like homeland Yevgeny had a gun.
    Can't see how this isn't going to see the US dragged back into a War position.

Recommend: Don't watch the preview for episode 8.

cos
    it shows Max is in fact.. ok

oh, almost forgot.. I googled Kim Philby from that early moment in the episode:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Philby
    Harold Adrian Russell "Kim" Philby (1 January 1912 – 11 May 1988) was a British intelligence officer and a double agent for the Soviet Union
    In January 1963, having finally been unmasked as a Soviet agent, Philby defected to Moscow, where he lived out his life until his death in 1988.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭lukin

Mr. Claire Danes makes his "long-awaited" appearance.
    Nice of his missus to get him a job, I thought nepotism only existed in RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

lukin wrote: »
    Mr. Claire Danes makes his "long-awaited" appearance.
    Nice of his missus to get him a job, I thought nepotism only existed in RTE.

Why would you think that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not looking good for Max.

Why would you think that?

I'm just being smart. Maybe it wasn't nepotism although Hugh Dancy hasn't had a big role since Hannibal.

Not looking good for Max.

Seal Team 6 will bust in in the next ep and save his ass.

episode 7 - meh of an episode.

why would the Taliban just walk past a CIA woman to pick up the injured soldier?

suddenly the ISI are back onside.

warmonger adviser suddenly in the white house

lots of weird decisions in one episode

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

best Homeland season ever? i think so

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »
    best Homeland season ever? i think so

not for me.

season 4.

thought that the last episode in this season was fairly crap/ badly written

hopeful it will get back on form...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^

please no SPOILERS! (watching it at rte pace)

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^

please no SPOILERS! (watching it at rte pace)

I would suggest that you don't check the thread then - it does warn about spoilers in the thread title so it's not like you weren't warned.

just don't look at it.... just don't - a bit of self control!

RTE pace - lol - that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one - putting RTE and pace in the same phrase :pac:

better episode - liked the sharp about turn from the Afghan guy and the subsequent events that now threaten a ****-storm

also like the way they abruptly finished off Max also - he didn't have anything more to add to this season really so fair enough and it is the last season.

all threatening to degenerate into a royal sh1tshow now!

Haqqani's son is a cowardly little twerp - hope that he comes to a sticky end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

This is definitely the best season in a while. Claire Danes isn't even that annoying this season.

This is definitely the best season in a while. Claire Danes isn't even that annoying this season.

it is one of the better ones I think that most would agree yes for sure.

thankfully they seem to have skipped what was heretofore the seemingly mandatory 2 episode duration bi-polar meltdown.

first:
    - The homeland team sure has spent money on Helicopter hardware this season. That all looks like real machiney!
    - The homeland team also have gotten helicopter scenes down!

8.8: Hrmm..
    back to the feel of this season avoiding a war and going for the peace route again.
    Feels like the two key players will be Carrie getting the flight recorder and that other Taliban guy who was pushing for peace.
    Slydice wrote: »
    it shows Max is in fact.. ok
    Well done preview script-writers.. I wasn't expecting that!

I looked up Kompromat (although it became clear what it meant):
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kompromat
    In Russian culture, kompromat, short for "compromising material" is damaging information about a politician, a businessperson, or other public figure, used to create negative publicity, as well as for blackmail and extortion. Kompromat may be acquired from various security services, or outright forged, and then publicized by use of a public relations official. Widespread use of kompromat has been one of the characteristic features of the politics of Russia and other post-Soviet states.

Woah, Max getting smoked caught me by surprise I must admit. I was fully expecting him to be rescued. I did see that spoiler that was posted by someone who had seen the ep preview (I never watch those before a new ep).
    I think it was the way it happened more than anything. It was just done so casually, like stepping on a worm.
    Also Carrie pulling back at the end; for a while I thought there would be a shoot-out. I don't get why Yevgeny fired a shot in the air when he saw Carrie was under threat. He was outgunned big time, if that special ops team opened fire on him he wouldn't have stood a chance.
    I can only assume he has feelings for Carrie or else he wouldn't have put himself at risk like that. Carrie obviously doesn't trust Saul, she thinks he sold her out (even though he didn't).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Enjoying the season so far and I would agree it is one of the better ones. The story on the Afghan side is very good. However (and this is despite the current imcumbent!) I do feel the new POTUS is beyond pathetic and ruins that side of the story somewhat. It's just not believable that someone so unsure of his own mind could be in that position. The switching of speeches scene was especially maddening. If it were his own decision due to his own bull thickness (again the current incumbent springs to mind) it would be far more credible.
    Also one thing bugged me about the Jalal video and how it seemed to "change things". Did anyone seriously think that Haqqani himself show down the two helicopters? Surely the death sentence was because he ordered the shooting down - not that he actually did it himself! So his son boasting that he shot them down wouldn't really change anything would it - it was always believed to be the Taliban who did it. Or did I miss something there?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Enjoying the season so far and I would agree it is one of the better ones. The story on the Afghan side is very good. However (and this is despite the current imcumbent!) I do feel the new POTUS is beyond pathetic and ruins that side of the story somewhat. It's just not believable that someone so unsure of his own mind could be in that position. The switching of speeches scene was especially maddening. If it were his own decision due to his own bull thickness (again the current incumbent springs to mind) it would be far more credible.
    Also one thing bugged me about the Jalal video and how it seemed to "change things". Did anyone seriously think that Haqqani himself show down the two helicopters? Surely the death sentence was because he ordered the shooting down - not that he actually did it himself! So his son boasting that he shot them down wouldn't really change anything would it - it was always believed to be the Taliban who did it. Or did I miss something there?

i think it was that haqani and his son were really on different sides. haqani wanted peace, his son didnt

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,210 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Seriously, how many times now has President Hayes just stormed out of the situation room?

Now Hugh Dancy, with his Conor McGregor beard/hair, has set the world on fire. Up the infidels and whatever you're having yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

With Max gone to the great gig in the sky, I now have an awful feeling a few more will be joining him. The opening credits and screenshots we have been seeing for a number of seasons seem to go along the lines of life flashing before Carrie's eyes.

Dan.

Saul has still got Carrie's back!

(just one clip - not an episode summary spoiler - safe to watch)

eh Trump anyone? Homeland always channels current events. They put the woman in as president the last time as it looked like Clinton was going to win. Now they have bs merchant relying on advisers completely.

doesn't know squat and constantly changing his story to make up for his uncertainty?

e.g.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

glasso wrote: »
    eh Trump anyone? Homeland always channels current events. They put the woman in as president the last time as it looked like Clinton was going to win. Now they have bs merchant relying on advisers completely.

doesn't know squat and constantly changing his story to make up for his uncertainty?

e.g.

I did reference the current incumbent twice in my post! I still find this lad to lack any qualities at all. Trump is clueless but acts like he knows it all, this lad is clueless and acts clueless all the time.

I did reference the current incumbent twice in my post! I still find this lad to lack any qualities at all. Trump is clueless but acts like he knows it all, this lad is clueless and acts clueless all the time.

We don't see Trump behind the scenes like we do the guy in make-believe Tv land.

A weak president is one of the more believable things in this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 GCIREL

Hayes is ruining it for me a bit... big Bush head on him but loving the series apart from him so far... Max not being rescued actually shocked me a lot. I hate Carrie her crying face makes me want to box her face in but after series 7 I'm glad this seem good as 7 was ****e.

Erra this series has run out of steam, I kind of wish it was over.
    The first season was outstanding and some of the ones after it were decent but now it should really be put out of it's misery.

lukin wrote: »
    Erra this series has run out of steam, I kind of wish it was over.
    The first season was outstanding and some of the ones after it were decent but now it should really be put out of it's misery.

isn't that a bit redundant being that it is the last season so that is a fait accompli?

it was never the best show on tv (even season 1) but somehow did just about enough to keep one watching it (aside from seasons 2 and most especially 3 which were shyte - I stopped and went back to it later)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

With Max gone to the great gig in the sky, I now have an awful feeling a few more will be joining him. The opening credits and screenshots we have been seeing for a number of seasons seem to go along the lines of life flashing before Carrie's eyes.

What happened to Max's brother just seemed to disappear and not be mentioned.

Advertisement