Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 8 **Spoilers**

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

Used to be a great show, but like all great shows they are scrapping the barrel now and its gone to ****e. Stopped watching after 3 or 4 episodes this season. Big let down as I was a fan of it.

You missed a great season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭lukin

Used to be a great show, but like all great shows they are scrapping the barrel now and its gone to ****e. Stopped watching after 3 or 4 episodes this season. Big let down as I was a fan of it.

This article might be applicable to you: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/feb/17/homeland-the-show-that-became-a-work-of-genius-after-you-stopped-watching

I'm not saying I agree with it; I wouldn't agree that it became a better show after
    Brody was killed off
    I still think it was better when he was in it. After that it wasn't as good but still watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Of all the seasons to stop at!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Acosta

You stopped just when it started getting good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭VG31

Rfrip wrote: »
    Of all the seasons to stop at!!

It's definitely the best season since season 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Anyone else just want Saul to be their Da?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Anyone else just want Saul to be their Da?
    you could certainly rely on him to never rat you out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

fryup wrote: »
    really?? even taking into account time difference?
    Yes, that's including the time zone differences. I checked actual airline schedules e.g. United currently has a direct flight that leaves Newark at 20:00 local and arrives in Tel Aviv at 13:25 local: 10h25 flight time with 7h time difference.

I can pick holes in the final season, but overall I'm pretty happy, and the door has been left open for something involving these characters in the future. Which I would welcome, because the final season also made me appreciate them more as characters, and not just vehicles for the action. As much as Carrie and Saul aggravate each other, they also represent opportunities to make a difference and well as be alive in general. Neither will really be happy in retirement, they need the "juice", which is why Carrie couldn't resist starting a network in Russia.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I'm going to look at this thread with my eyes closed so I don't see any spoilers. We've just finished season 7 on Netflix, our little lock up obsession. Where can I watch all of season 8 online? Not having much luck. Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

bnt wrote: »
    which is why Carrie couldn't resist starting a network in Russia.
    As well as her deep patriotism, which the writers tried to/forced us to question in the last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

michellie wrote: »
    I'm going to look at this thread with my eyes closed so I don't see any spoilers. We've just finished season 7 on Netflix, our little lock up obsession. Where can I watch all of season 8 online? Not having much luck. Thank you :)

It only recently finished on RTE, the last 2 episodes are on the rte Player.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

i know this is not a new thread, but can someone please tell me what am i supposed to watch, now that the brilliant Homeland has come to an end. For me, the best TV i have ever watched. Ever.

I accept much of it was far fetched, but it certainly moved along and the character development was great, notwithstanding that Carrie was not a nice person (IMHO).

I have started watching on Netflix from the beginning and enjoying it almost as much as the first time.

Is there anything similar out there to watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭VG31

Slasher wrote: »
    i know this is not a new thread, but can someone please tell me what am i supposed to watch, now that the brilliant Homeland has come to an end. For me, the best TV i have ever watched. Ever.

I accept much of it was far fetched, but it certainly moved along and the character development was great, notwithstanding that Carrie was not a nice person (IMHO).

I have started watching on Netflix from the beginning and enjoying it almost as much as the first time.

Is there anything similar out there to watch?

The Americans is definitely worth watching. It's one of my favourite shows; it's substantially better than Homeland IMO (admittedly I love films/TV shows Cold War settings). It's more or less consistently good although it does improve after the first season. The finale was the best of any show I've seen, even better than Homeland. Costa Ronin has a starring role also as one of the few all round 'good guys' in the show. It's on Prime Video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

i know this is not a new thread, but can someone please tell me what am i supposed to watch, now that the brilliant Homeland has come to an end.

I really really loved Scandal. It is on par with Homeland for me.

I loved "The Americans". I guess you know it is based on a true story. I remember when the spies were exposed - people were shocked. i must go back and watch that again from the beginning, if i can find it.

"Scandal" with Kerry Washington? Yes, my wife liked that one. I thought it was OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’d recommend caliphate on Netflix...for a bit of a homeland fix.
    8 episodes, based in Sweden on Islamic radicalisation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Fauda

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'll have a look at Caliphate and Fauda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭robwen

Condor might be worth a look aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Treadstone on Amazon is worth a look, also Hanna.

• Advertisement

ZeroZeroZero

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8332438/

one season series but good gritty vibe and foreign locations a la Homeland.

v1.dDs2NTg4Mjk7ajsxODQ1NzsxMjAwOzQxMjU7NjA3NQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

Rfrip wrote: »
    I’d recommend caliphate on Netflix...for a bit of a homeland fix.
    8 episodes, based in Sweden on Islamic radicalisation

A brilliant programme but FFS what are Netflix playing at defaulting to the dubbed version. It's absolutely shocking stuff. Stick to the subtitled original.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

A brilliant programme but FFS what are Netflix playing at defaulting to the dubbed version. It's absolutely shocking stuff. Stick to the subtitled original.
    It is a brilliant programme.

re Netflix dubbing as default:
    https://www.indiewire.com/2018/03/netflix-dubbed-tv-shows-default-subtitles-1201937425/

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

Anyone know where I can watch Homeland Series 8?? Not on Netflix yet obviously...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Forgot all about season 8 of this, I didn't watch it at the time. Just signed into Netflix to watch this week's Snowpiercer and season 8 is finally available on it.

I haven't watched Snowpiercer. Is it good?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I haven't watched Snowpiercer. Is it good?
    I'm enjoying it, there's an active thread about the show here.

Advertisement