Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 8 **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Confused as to why the big Russian let Carrie leave after injecting her only to grab her again later?
    Could he not just have pointed a gun at her, told her what he wanted for the black box and them injected her?

MICKEYG wrote: »
    Confused as to why the big Russian let Carrie leave after injecting her only to grab her again later?
    Could he not just have pointed a gun at her, told her what he wanted for the black box and them injected her?

because the show wanted you to think for a minute that Carrie had been captured by the Taliban!

also I suppose Saul got the "No means No" line from the Ruskies so maybe it makes Carrie's task a bit easier as Saul will be focusing completely on the US / Pakistan situation and not on the Russians.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

8.10: What an ending!

I guess that's the Taliban guy who was pushing for peace gone so it just leaves Carrie. I guess that's the show though.
    Slydice wrote: »
    Feels like the two key players will be Carrie getting the flight recorder and that other Taliban guy who was pushing for peace.

Yevgeny said he's a planner. Just down to how much now and how far back. They've opened the possibility that the Russians could've sabotaged the Helicopter.

That scene where the mechanic was talking to her said the fuel tank had more metal in it that it shouldn't have so I'm guessing that's how they did it.

That scene where the mechanic was talking to her said the fuel tank had more metal in it that it shouldn't have so I'm guessing that's how they did it.

let it go.... it was just mechanical error!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

am i right in saying..last ever episode tonight??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭VG31

fryup wrote: »

No there's two more (Sunday 19 & 26 April). Or three more if you are watching it on RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Is Carrie about to become a reluctant Edward Snowden type character? just a thought. I am on episode 8.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Excellent final season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I thought that was meant to be the last episode too. Did someone say it here?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,210 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Haqqani's son is such a dick, honestly. Yevgeny could say the sky's blue and I wouldn't believe him.

Mike has to be amongst the most useless Station Chiefs ever to grace our screens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I thought that was meant to be the last episode too. Did someone say it here?

RTE definitely said that last weeks (shown on 9th April on RTE2) was the penultimate episode alright as I too thought last night was supposed to be the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭8mv

I think they said 'next to penultimate episode' so that would make last night's the penultimate episode. Next week the last...if I'm correct

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

IMDB lists 12 episodes for season 8

episode 11 -

v good episode setting up the season series finale

liked the Russian asset back-story

So what is Carrie going to do?

She never loses sight of the big picture but.....

i don't care what anyone says, this is the best Homeland season ever!

i don't care what anyone says, this is the best Homeland season ever!

it's been very good and they have engineered a good ending (so far). only one 1 or 2 not great episodes across the whole season.

many series get a sh1t finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

You know there is something up with the Russian guy the way he blinks with one eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

8.11: Great episode! When I saw Chris Bauer, I was like YUHS! This! :D I thought Andrea Deck (Jenna) did some great acting in her scenes. Saying that though, the production values in this episode were through the roof.

Anyway, for the story, best I can tell:
    • Yevgeny/Yevgeny's crew sabotaged the Helicopter.
    • The translator doesn't know the situation and danger she is potentially in.
    • Saul now knows everything that's going on.
    • Yevgeny knows almost eveything that's going on (except that Saul knows everything now).
    • Carrie is getting close to knowing most of it.

Surprise I recognised most of the events
    Carrie was pieceing together
    . I looked up Robert Hanssen:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hanssen
    Robert Philip Hanssen (born April 18, 1944) is a former Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agent who spied for Soviet and Russian intelligence services against the United States from 1979 to 2001. His espionage was described by the Department of Justice as "possibly the worst intelligence disaster in U.S. history." He is currently serving 15 consecutive life sentences at ADX Florence, a federal supermax prison near Florence, Colorado.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭lukin

I knew the writers would think up something big for the series finale but having
    Carrie whack Saul
    is a bit too Game Of Thronesy for me (even though I love GOT).
    I don't think she will do it although it would be some way for the series to finish.
    I always though at the end of season one that it was a bit of a cop-out that
    Brody didn't detonate the suicide vest in the final ep
    I know that was the original plan but they decided not to do it when
    they saw there was such great on-screen chemistry between Claire Danes and Damian Lewis
    . I suppose they were afraid they would lose viewers.
    Will there be a second cop-out or do the writers have the balls to do it?
    A lot to wrap up in the final ep, damn Carrie was so stupid to let Yevgeny steal the flight recorder.

what did Carrie leave at the market stall? and for what reason?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Saul would never have put the notes back in the books so Carrie working out that part is a bit much even for a brilliant spy.

Anyway, for the story, best I can tell:
    • Yevgeny/Yevgeny's crew sabotaged the Helicopter.

this man is sticking to his guns :pac:

surely this will be the key point in the series finale episode :p

Saul would never have put the notes back in the books so Carrie working out that part is a bit much even for a brilliant spy.

maybe he's just too much of a sentimentalist on the point of his greatest career triumph?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

glasso wrote: »

So what is Carrie going to do?

Better Kill Saul?

oneilla wrote: »
    Better Kill Saul?

I don't know what way the writers are going to go on that in terms of the last episode.

it's a bit of a catch-22 situation to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭moby2101

Just finished watching The English Teacher, WFH has at least some advantage !!!

Superb episode, one of the better seasons. Looking forward to seeing how things will go in the series finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

glasso wrote: »
    I don't know what way the writers are going to go on that in terms of the last episode.

it's a bit of a catch-22 situation to say the least.
    Both Saul and Carrie will want to avert a nuclear war with Pakistan. Saul's asset seems kinda useless here as she doesn't seem to know anything we don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Jesus, the English Teacher was great!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I wouldn't rule out that Carrie has already told Saul.

The asset being an interpreter is interesting as she has no real influence and is nothing more than a bug at the highest level. Meaning Saul can never use her to influence things or get the flight recorder back.

I think Carrie will die at the end in some self sacrifice act

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Another great episode alright. So not only has Carrie unwittingly been the Russian asset she has been accused of, will she now go further and take out Saul for the Russians? The note from the interpreter to Saul was bang on - Yevgeny is in control and has been all along.
    So can Carrie save herself, Saul and the interpreter now (and quietly get away with the fact she is responsible for the death of a whole team of CIA agents!), as well as getting the flight recorder back and helping to prevent WW3? It's a big ask eh! :)

Advertisement