Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you look down on people with tattoos?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

i think your the idiot if you draw all over yourself

Why do you care so much, about the choices another person makes for themselves?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Why do you care so much, about the choices another person makes for themselves?

i couldnt give a continental apart from the fact that they are a bad example for impressionable young kids and they look fcuking cat

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

i couldnt give a continental apart from the fact that they are a bad example for impressionable young kids
    How so?

kylith wrote: »
    How so?

kids are too young to know that you are stuck with that crap on their arms for the rest of their lives, its self harm

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

im not into tattoos myself but i would be way more wary of a judgemental arsehole then someone with tattoos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

kids are too young to know that you are stuck with that crap on their arms for the rest of their lives, its self harm

Ballcocks, more self-harm done by people who smoke and drink.

And yet you'd disown them. You're an arsehole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Lads I think that's a fairly densely impenetrable wall of "I don't like them I think they look bad they are stupid I don't like them I don't have any they look bad I don't like them", I don't think he's going to reach a magic number of posts disagreeing with him and change his mind like.

And yet you'd disown them. You're an arsehole.

i'm an arsehole because i hate tattoos? maybe your the arsehole because someone doesnt conform like you do

im not into tattoos myself but i would be way more wary of a judgemental arsehole then someone with tattoos

maybe your judgmental against someone who hates them

• Advertisement

i'm an arsehole because i hate tattoos? maybe your the arsehole because someone doesnt conform like you do

No, you are an arsehole because you are saying you would disown a loved someone for doing something to THEIR OWN body just because you don't like it.
    The world doesn't revolve around you and your opinion.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    No, you are an arsehole because you are saying you would disown a loved someone for doing something to THEIR OWN body just because you don't like it.
    The world doesn't revolve around you and your opinion.

a member of my own family would know better

• Registered Users Posts: 16,104 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I find the irony of this post hilarious . Talk about lack of self awareness !!

And the attention seeking is sort of sad

a member of my own family would know better

Your family doesn't tell you anything.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I find the irony of this post hilarious . Talk about lack of self awareness !!

And the attention seeking is sort of sad

irony as right, and you just dont get it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Its not self harm. And honestly I find your comment disgraceful considering Im involved with one of the best known counselling centres that deal with self harm and suicide in this country. Pathetic!!
    i'm an arsehole because i hate tattoos?

No youre an arsehole because youre an arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Its not self harm. And honestly I find your comment disgraceful considering Im involved with one of the best known counselling centres that deal with self harm and suicide in this country. Pathetic!!

No youre an arsehole because youre an arsehole.

I'm a proctologist and find the context that you use the word asshole in to be sad and pathetic.
    It's leaves a real stain

• Registered Users Posts: 17,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: aroundthehouse and Hellrazer, don't post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭chrissb8

No problem with tattoos but I have seen people regret them only a short time later. Talked my friend out of getting a sleeve tattoo done and years later he said he was glad he didn't get one in the end. Contentious things so in general I think those who do the "yeah whatever, that's on them if they don't like it". Not really the issue though, it's if you'll like it in even 5 years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Corb_lund

Thankfully this type of narrow minded thinking is nearly in the past ...Let people be and let them express themselves any way they want ..wouldnt it be a boring world if we all dressed and look the same ..

And yet the individualism rampant in society has not made people happier.

Personally I think tattoos are awful, I love art a lot but I think the natural body is unbeatable, staining it doesn't improve it.

Just my 0.02

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

A lot of people won't like what I'm about to say. I'm in Dublin at the moment and it's almost as if, that if you want to be cool and modern then you need to get a tattoo. I even find myself seeing guys with tattoos who don't seem to fit the stereotype for getting a tattoo! I even over heard a conversation recently where by a group of lads were confused why

When I see senior managers with tattoos I often think to myself "fair play to you for getting so far, it's a pity you had to let yourself down with that disgusting ink marking on your wrist. That's how I know this is far as you'll get". They won't get to be CEO! Especially if they also say "I done"

When I see tattoos, all I think is that such a person is likely from a certain social class, that they're a trend follower, that they probably smoke, or that they're seeking validation of some sort. Effectively, tattoos all look the same, and all look horrible. I don't think much people pay attention to what the tattoos are, and more so "oh he's got a tattoo"
    actually i try not to look down on people in general

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Tattoos are for trashy, degenerate types.

doylefe wrote: »

No they aren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dick Pickle

Or the simple minded so easily influenced by whatever the current trend is.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,104 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I genuinely never understood the mindset of someone looking down on another for their choices of adornment .I dont have a tattoo but I cannot understand why anothers tattoo would bother anyone else . Unless its harming you or someone else then just find something else to be disdainful about .There are enough bad traits in people that would come way up my list of scorn , like judgemental, rude , ignorant , rough , pass remarkable, shallow or full of their own importance

Japan have the right idea, they associate tattoos with scumbags

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-45586210

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭irelandrover

RonanP77 wrote: »
    I'm 41, I have 8 tattoos, got my first 29 years ago and I have a few more planned, currently trying to come up with a nice design that will actually mean something to me. I come from a good family, have an alright job, I'm not a scumbag or layabout. I really don't like face or neck tattoos.

My wife doesn't have any and never will but I actually really like them on girls.

You got your first tattoo at 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Japan have the right idea, they associate tattoos with scumbags

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-45586210

Incorrect, they associate tattoos with Yakuza.
    "In Japan, tattoos have long been associated with the notorious yakuza crime syndicates and inked tourists can find themselves barred from traditional communal hot springs, or onsens".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

You got your first tattoo at 12?

Obviously a typo, I got my first in 97, so 21 years ago.

Advertisement