Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you look down on people with tattoos?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

pawdee wrote: »
    The best tattoo I ever saw was one of a fox hunting scene that covered a fella's entire back.....red jacketed huntsmen, horses, beagles the lot, and the fox about to disappear down the crack of his arse.

Better than a beaver coming up out of it.

Some tattoos are epic works or art, a credit to both the artist and the stoicism and tolerance of the "wearer".
    Some are absolutely brutal scratchings on skin. Probably regretted with 12 months of getting it.

Other than one on your head, they're grand, i wouldnt judge someone with a visible taboo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

Hellrazer wrote: »
    No mental health issues here!!!!
    Now yourself on the other hand could be debatable.

denial, i feel sorry for you

K.Flyer wrote: »
    What, you brought in the tea and biscuits?

i dont eat biscuits they are bad for you

Don’t be so stupid.

Facts are never stupid i'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

Nothing worse than seeing a beautiful woman who has destroyed that beaity with tattoos. Very small ones I can just about abide but in general they're for lowlifes and cretins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Nothing worse than seeing a beautiful woman who has destroyed that beaity with tattoos. Very small ones I can just about abide but in general they're for lowlifes and cretins.

And god bless each and every one of them. They pay this vandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

Shame on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

You, in your biases, can't appreciate when a person takes their body and uses it as a canvas. Whether as a form of expression, or asserting control over the one thing they will always have; whatever the reason they may have.

You lack the culture to appreciate this art form. And i pity you.

Shame on you.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dick Pickle

Usually there’s a bit of a lack with people who tattoo themselves. Particularly those who get words printed on their bodies - they’re not books ffs !

• Advertisement

Usually there’s a bit of a lack with people who tattoo themselves. Particularly those who get words printed on their bodies - they’re not books ffs !

There's nothing quite like having your own Executive Order though...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,903 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

anyone who would think any less of a person because they possess a tattoo or any type of body art is a ****wit pure and simple. I don’t have any but I can admire tattoos as art and if I see one I like great. If something isn’t to my taste ? So what ? Other people and their individual life choices / artistic expressions are not always going to be everyone’s liking... I would however look down upon the type of absolute cretin who would look down on someone for having body art.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

So nobody in your family or circle of friends has one ? I can only presume that you'd either disown them or tell them that they're lowlifes if they did ?

I don't have any but have no problem with those that do and I can appreciate the artistic merit in a lot of them. A lot of crap regrettable ones out there as well but I wouldn't tar them all with the one brush.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭Sassygirl1999

No but I do look down on people who look down on people or people who use that phrase

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I'm 41, I have 8 tattoos, got my first 29 years ago and I have a few more planned, currently trying to come up with a nice design that will actually mean something to me. I come from a good family, have an alright job, I'm not a scumbag or layabout. I really don't like face or neck tattoos.

My wife doesn't have any and never will but I actually really like them on girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Nothing worse than seeing an attractive guy who has destroyed that beauty with ignorance. A few close minded opinions I can put up with but in general opinions like that are for lowlifes & cretins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dick Pickle

Nothing worse than seeing an attractive guy who has destroyed that beauty with ignorance. A few close minded opinions I can put up with but in general opinions like that are for lowlifes & cretins

That’s gibberish. Try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭pawdee

Popeye had tattoos of anchors. One on each arm.

So nobody in your family or circle of friends has one ? I can only presume that you'd either disown them or tell them that they're lowlifes if they did ?

I don't have any but have no problem with those that do and I can appreciate the artistic merit in a lot of them. A lot of crap regrettable ones out there as well but I wouldn't tar them all with the one brush.

If anyone in my family got one i would disown them, we are not football hooligans, convicts and dockers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

If anyone in my family got one i would disown them, we are not football hooligans, convicts and dockers

But you are very judgmental

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I have a tattoo, I'm not a low life or a cretin. I'm just a normal, average member of society. I've worked since I was 16, am degree educated & have never been in trouble with the law.
    So your sweeping generalisation is incorrect.

Can't figure out whether you're trolling for a reaction is just being a judgmental, sanctimonious snob.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I have a tattoo, I'm not a low life or a cretin. I'm just a normal, average member of society. I've worked since I was 16, am degree educated & have never been in trouble with the law.
    So your sweeping generalisation is incorrect.

Can't figure out whether you're trolling for a reaction is just being a judgmental, sanctimonious snob.

personally i just cant understand why you would do such a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Personally I don't understand why you would be so judgmental really. Its not a nice trait at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭corks finest

A lot of people won't like what I'm about to say. I'm in Dublin at the moment and it's almost as if, that if you want to be cool and modern then you need to get a tattoo. I even find myself seeing guys with tattoos who don't seem to fit the stereotype for getting a tattoo! I even over heard a conversation recently where by a group of lads were confused why Ronaldo doesn't have tattoos!!

When I see senior managers with tattoos I often think to myself "fair play to you for getting so far, it's a pity you had to let yourself down with that disgusting ink marking on your wrist. That's how I know this is far as you'll get". They won't get to be CEO! Especially if they also say "I done"

When I see tattoos, all I think is that such a person is likely from a certain social class, that they're a trend follower, that they probably smoke, or that they're seeking validation of some sort. Effectively, tattoos all look the same, and all look horrible. I don't think much people pay attention to what the tattoos are, and more so "oh he's got a tattoo"
    I don't drink, smoke,come from a middle class area of Cork,have tattoos,so stereo types don't always ring true,,,p.s. if you knew anything at all of Irish,or indeed Celtic history you'd probably understand a bit more ref the history of ppl putting them on their skin ,do you wear a shirt and tie to work,or a uniform of any kind,,,,then you also are guilty of following a trend,,mine are political ,and don't particularly care what other people think,I'm secure and happy enough in my own skin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭corks finest

tattoos will forever be associated with jailbirds and sailors
    Wow how modern,,,,the most narrow of views

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

You don't need to worry about understanding why I would do such a thing. Its irrelevant to you & your life.
    I don't know why you'd even feel entitled to need to understand the decisions someone else makes about their appearance? Who made you (or anyone) the judge and jury of what is & isn't acceptable?
    Seems like a massive waste of energy.

I would never ever judge another person based purely on how they look, dress, or present themselves.
    I would judge someone's character if they portrayed judgmental, ignorant traits, though. No time for anyone who carries themselves in such a manner.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

denial, i feel sorry for you

No denial here.

Facts are never stupid i'm afraid

Care to share where you got your "facts " from.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

A lot of people won't like what I'm about to say. I'm in Dublin at the moment and it's almost as if, that if you want to be cool and modern then you need to get a tattoo. I even find myself seeing guys with tattoos who don't seem to fit the stereotype for getting a tattoo! I even over heard a conversation recently where by a group of lads were confused why Ronaldo doesn't have tattoos!!

When I see senior managers with tattoos I often think to myself "fair play to you for getting so far, it's a pity you had to let yourself down with that disgusting ink marking on your wrist. That's how I know this is far as you'll get". They won't get to be CEO! Especially if they also say "I done"

When I see tattoos, all I think is that such a person is likely from a certain social class, that they're a trend follower, that they probably smoke, or that they're seeking validation of some sort. Effectively, tattoos all look the same, and all look horrible. I don't think much people pay attention to what the tattoos are, and more so "oh he's got a tattoo"
    Thankfully this type of narrow minded thinking is nearly in the past ...Let people be and let them express themselves any way they want ..wouldnt it be a boring world if we all dressed and look the same ..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

If I was a member of your family Id be delighted to be disowned by an idiot like your self.

• Advertisement

If I was a member of your family Id be delighted to be disowned by an idiot like your self.

i think your the idiot if you draw all over yourself

Advertisement