Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you look down on people with tattoos?

Options
  • 30-07-2018 7:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭

A lot of people won't like what I'm about to say. I'm in Dublin at the moment and it's almost as if, that if you want to be cool and modern then you need to get a tattoo. I even find myself seeing guys with tattoos who don't seem to fit the stereotype for getting a tattoo! I even over heard a conversation recently where by a group of lads were confused why Ronaldo doesn't have tattoos!!

When I see senior managers with tattoos I often think to myself "fair play to you for getting so far, it's a pity you had to let yourself down with that disgusting ink marking on your wrist. That's how I know this is far as you'll get". They won't get to be CEO! Especially if they also say "I done"

When I see tattoos, all I think is that such a person is likely from a certain social class, that they're a trend follower, that they probably smoke, or that they're seeking validation of some sort. Effectively, tattoos all look the same, and all look horrible. I don't think much people pay attention to what the tattoos are, and more so "oh he's got a tattoo"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I'm 6'4" so I look down on most people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

Jasus..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Desperate stuff tattoos. Most look awful. Glad I don’t have any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

They are horrible, especially on women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

It depends on what part of the body you have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I'm only 5"6, so rarely look down on anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

To each their own. Don't see why it's anybody else's business if someone has a tattoo and the idea that it siggests something about a person is ridiculous.

I'm yet to get one myself but it's something I want to get done at some point.

OP, what's the stereotype for getting tattoos?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Identikit ****ty looking sleeves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I dunno, on some people they look trampy and in others artistic and beautiful.

I have a couple and I regret them and one is on my arm - I won’t wear a t shirt cause I hate it so much.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Resverathrole

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    I'm only 5"6, so rarely look down on anyone.
    That joke was already made. Now bugger off cretin.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭TheShockmaster

When I see tattoos, all I think is that such a person is likely from a certain social class."

Please expand on what this means?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Are you for real?

If a company had an issue with tattoos, then they wouldn't promote someone with a tattoo to management. They have every chance of becoming CEO.

I happen to know a good few healthcare workers with tattoos, some being nurses, junior doctors, and medical scientists. Would you be so quick to judge if your life was in their hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭kal7

Always think what is that going to look like when you age and go all wrinkly.

Each to there own. But hate them myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

When I see management types with tattoos, I think 'too bad you let yourself down by working in this lame corporate job with dorks who spend their time fantasizing about how they're going to be a CEO before you because they don't have any ink.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

It means the OP is a...

Actually, no... no... not worth getting an infraction for stating the obvious.

To each their own. Don't see why it's anybody else's business if someone has a tattoo and the idea that it siggests something about a person is ridiculous.
    Typical! Of course you'd say that if you're about to get one. Think twice and don't be so naive.

Are you telling me that if you did a statistical analysis on a group of people with tattoos, and a group of people without them, that it wouldn't reveal a lot of interesting facts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Must mean upper middle class because tattoos are expensive.

I don't really even know.

Like maybe that their parents split, so they didn't have a mother to tell them not to get the fcuking thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Tattoos suggest lack of strategic/long term thinking, to me. This can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on the scenario...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

bubblypop wrote: »
    OP, what's the stereotype for getting tattoos?

Has skin and likes tatts?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭TheBeach

I only look down in people who are smaller than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

I'm in Dublin at the moment and it's almost as if, that if you want to be cool and modern then you need to get a tattoo. I even find myself seeing guys with tattoos who don't seem to fit the stereotype for getting a tattoo! I even over heard a conversation recently where by a group of lads were confused why Ronaldo doesn't have tattoos!!

When I see senior managers with tattoos I often think to myself "fair play to you for getting so far, it's a pity you had to let yourself down with that disgusting ink marking on your wrist. That's how I know this is far as you'll get". They won't get to be CEO! Especially if they also say "I done"

When I see tattoos, all I think is that such a person is likely from a certain social class. Effectively, tattoos all look the same, and all look horrible. I don't think much people pay attention to what the tattoos are, and more so "oh he's got a tattoo"

What's your occupation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I think tattoos can be lovely. Don’t have any at the minute but will possibly invest sooner or later!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

What's your occupation?

Opinionator, I’m guessing?

They have every chance of becoming CEO.
    On paper. But these things are all subconscious.
    I happen to know a good few healthcare workers with tattoos, some being nurses, junior doctors, and medical scientists. Would you be so quick to judge if your life was in their hands?
    Well of course there are always exceptions. Yes, I'd be as quick to judge. I would be more likely to keep my mouth shut though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I had to check the date of the op. No, not the 70s....

First time out of the house, op?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Embossy

I love to see tattoos on women - very sexy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I have two tattoos so no, I don’t look down on myself.

• Advertisement

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Must mean upper middle class because tattoos are expensive.
    So are cigarettes and the HD TVs that all those dole drawers have.

Where there's a will there's a way.

Advertisement