Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Mostly clear sky here in Glasnevin. There's a light breeze. The temperature's only risen to 22.3C. It's currently 22.2C. RH is 60%.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

24.9c oh soooooo close!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Currently closing in on 24c in south Laois and might make it to 25c again, so no let up to the heat really. Last Thursday July 5th though the max was only 24.6c (25c rounded?) so technically we may have fallen out of heatwave conditions for one day by just 0.4c and I think Carlow Oakpark was just 0.1c shy with 24.9c that same day.

Humidity is down today and there isn't a cloud in the sky in light northerly breezes. This morning felt distinctly cool as overnight lows fell below 10c for only the second time this month. Interestingly, the warmest night of the heatwave came the night before (Sunday night->Monday) with 15.4c recorded as the AWS low.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sounds like heaven!

Indeed it is! Bliss...Irony is that West Mayo is still green . Other areas need it more than we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Grey and overcast in Castlebar, 18.1C and 83% humidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Day 17 of the heatwave in Kilkenny. High so far got to 25.1C today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,738 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

rain predicted here in south county sligo and cool - heatwave is over (for the moment) :) ...

455441.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Oak Park at 24c top of the charts at 2pm but Cork Airport and Moore Park both 23c. See https://www.met.ie/latest-reports/observations

Was out at lunch and it feels more than 23c again. There's been no let up down here, I reckon its been 23 to 28c degrees at Cork Airport, and 24c to 30c at Moore Park, every day for over a fortnight now. Remarkable really (especially given how high up Cork airport is - it usually reads a couple of degrees cooler than Cork city).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

It was a busy thread. Bright sunshine and cloudless sky around Limerick. Not very warm but expecting 24 or 25 degrees around teatime this evening. If you do close this thread someone will probably start new thread to cover the few sunny days that are left before the expected breakdown over next weekend.

Hit 26.1c so day 17 of heatwave at mine

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

reached 22C here earlier, back down to 20C now, but still very sunny and feeling pleasantly warm.

UK Met's rainfall for tomorrow looks less intense over Leinster and more showery compared to their forecast from early this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t040ftfatU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

ECMWF last night was showing rain all across Scotland, Northern Ireland and the north east today, so far there's barely a cloud in the sky with only a small area of rain in Northern Scotland.

Feeling cooler today in Kildare when in the shade but still nice and warm with unbroken sunshine. The graphic forecast on the met website shows sun/partly cloudy and temps in the 20's all week here still so we might squeeze a few more days out of it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Cloudy and cool in beautiful Bundoran. I suspect the arcades are going to do very well out of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Villain wrote: »
    Hit 26.1c so day 17 of heatwave at mine

Is yours an official climatological station?

Is yours an official climatological station?

Nope, a private Davis Pro 2 Plus with 24 hours FARS. But I only claim a heatwave at mine not for all of Carlow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

27c now in my back garden reading 26c on the nearest private weather station on wunderground ... the drop back in temps tomorrow probably going to be a shock to the system if it materialises..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

AWS just hit 25.0c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I've never worn fewer clothes as an adult than during this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Yeah, this spell of exceptionally hot weather has far outstayed its welcome now as far as I'm concerned.

It's 25 celsius, with no breeze to speak of. If there was a breeze it would take the intensity out of the heat at least.

I can't remember exceptionally bad weather lasting as long as this eceptionally good weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

I see it was 25c again at Moore Park (Co. Cork) and Oak Park (Co. Carlow) at 4pm. The heatwave continues.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,092 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I have never washed as many items !! Every stich that could be washed is washed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It reached 24.8C here. Now 24.6C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

23.8c & sunny in North Cork.
    Glorious. I can do this all summer :P although I do feel for the farmers, loads of cattle in the fields around here being fed from feeders.
    On a private well which seems perfectly fine, no signs of any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Gawjus in D15 currently. Blue skies and a lil warmth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Sneaked up to 26.6C at around 5 o'clock

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

This is how summer should be, each and every year. Maybe some rain or showers every few weeks to keep the ground less brown.

Right now it looks like we are entering a more normal/unsettled spell of weather after this weekend. I am really hoping it will just be a one week blip and that we'll be back on the high pressure and 21C+ temperatures for end of July, most of August and early to mid September.

I don't mind a little bit of unsettled weather, once we go back to settled conditions soon afterwards. Nothing worse than watching the summer go down the tubes like it did at the start of July last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

500mb height anomaly reanalysis for 18 April to 8 July 2018 showing just how phenomenal the anticyclones have been during the period; look at all those red colours. Easily the most intense anticyclone I have seen on these charts.

aEXFt36.gif

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Oak Park reporting 26c at 1700....so heatwave intact for today!

Meanwhile, in my part of Dublin, 20.3c atm. Fantastic sunny/clear blue sky day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Gonzo wrote: »
    This is how summer should be, each and every year. Maybe some rain or showers every few weeks to keep the ground less brown.

Right now it looks like we are entering a more normal/unsettled spell of weather after this weekend. I am really hoping it will just be a one week blip and that we'll be back on the high pressure and 21C+ temperatures for end of July, most of August and early to mid September.

I don't mind a little bit of unsettled weather, once we go back to settled conditions soon afterwards. Nothing worse than watching the summer go down the tubes like it did at the start of July last year.

It's like the fooking Doldrums though.

No breeze to speak of, weather being the same each day every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭sunnyday1234

Car says 27 degrees yet again in north cork

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement