Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

First overnight under 10 (9.8C) since this spell began.

13.1°C/80%/1027 hPa atm

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

ECM looks a good bit drier than the GFS this morning. I have to admit I hope the GFS is on the money. The drought is becoming a lot more critical than some appear to realise. I work in the water sector and to say people are nervous would be an understatement. Another few weeks of dry and we face a very real possibility of crop devastation, mass death of wildlife, extraordinary fish kills, towns and cities losing water supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭compsys

Big difference in overnight lows between the east and south. Dublin Airport and Casement 5.2 and 6.6, respectively, while Roches Point only fell to 15.5 and Cork Airport 14.9.

Grass minima were 2 degrees at the Dublin sites and 13 at the Cork ones.

Wow. It didn’t feel THAT cold.

Dublin airport usually records low overnight lows. But there has been very few nights where the temperature has stayed above 10c during this “heatwave”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Last night had the first sub-10 low since the 24th June @ 9.1C.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

Outrageous morning along the coast in SoDub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,594 ✭✭✭giveitholly

ECM looks a good bit drier than the GFS this morning. I have to admit I hope the GFS is on the money. The drought is becoming a lot more critical than some appear to realise. I work in the water sector and to say people are nervous would be an understatement. Another few weeks of dry and we face a very real possibility of crop devastation, mass death of wildlife, extraordinary fish kills, towns and cities losing water supply.

Not good if this comes to fruition

• Registered Users Posts: 24,298 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Mate of mine works for Irish water - spoke to him only a few days ago. He wasn't quite as apocalyptic as you.

Might check back in with him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

shakeitoff wrote: »
    Outrageous morning along the coast in SoDub

Outrageous? How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,298 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Outrageous? How so?

aesthetic wise I'd say

was woken a little after 4 by the young lad.. usually something I'd not be the over the moon about but was treated to the most amazing morning sky - mellowed me instantly

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Could get up to 34c here in south of spain today, was hoping i might catch a thunserstorm while here but thats very unlikely now at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Big difference in overnight lows between the east and south. Dublin Airport and Casement 5.2 and 6.6, respectively, while Roches Point only fell to 15.5 and Cork Airport 14.9.

Grass minima were 2 degrees at the Dublin sites and 13 at the Cork ones.

Notable 'nip' to the air early this morning around 7.00am. At the same time cladding on metal shed etc radiating heat ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭Jennehy

Have you been playing too much man child video games such as gto?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

Jennehy wrote: »

No quite the opposite. The environment is coming under severe stress currently. Perhaps it is you that needs to take a look at the natural world around you.

I’m sure It will all be grand until the water pressure drops in your taps and your paying a 100% premium on food this winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Fantastic morning here in kildare , not a cloud in the sky and temp hovering around 20c feels warmer...I would love it to stay just like this for remainder of summer with rain only falling at night..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Heroditas

No quite the opposite. The environment is coming under severe stress currently. Perhaps it is you that needs to take a look at the natural world around you.

I’m sure It will all be grand until the water pressure drops in your taps and your paying a 100% premium on food this winter.

Should we stock up on tinned food and ammunition?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

UK Met forecast for tomorrow, showing possibly quite a cool and wet day across much of Leinster and Dublin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfQeXR0whZo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,536 ✭✭✭Inviere

Gonzo wrote: »
    UK Met forecast for tomorrow, showing possibly quite a cool and wet day across much of Leinster and Dublin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfQeXR0whZo

Fingers crossed, whatever about me looking for a break from the humidity, the ground could do with a serious drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Scattered showers tomorrow. According to met.

Good. We need some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Jennehy wrote: »

What’s GTO got to do with it? That’s not even apocalyptic.

If a drought continues then Ireland and Dublin will be in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,536 ✭✭✭Inviere

What’s GTO got to do with it? That’s not even apocalyptic.

If a drought continues then Ireland and Dublin will be in trouble.

Gust Telemetry Orographic, it's a popular meteorological prediction game that came out for the PS4 & Xbox One last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Inviere wrote: »
    Gust Telemetry Orographic, it's a popular meteorological prediction game that came out for the PS4 & Xbox One last year.

I'd actually love a game like that! Weather Tycoon or something.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mod Note : As we are entering a new phase of weather and the heatwave temperatures ease off for now it may be better to revert back to the Summer Thread . I will close this one for now.
    Thanks to Kermit for starting the thread.
    Great contributions from all , plenty more to come no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

It looked like turning much cloudier here in Dublin 13 after a lovely morning but the large area of cloud is trying to break up now as it heads my way.

EDIT: I spoke too soon!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mod Note: will leave the thread open, jumped the gun, eye off the ball ! Looks warm for many again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Question is can we hold on to it for today and hit 25c? It would make it 17 days at my station if I did hit 25c.

Regardless of that it will be day 20 of no rainfall!

Amazing blue skies on my webcams

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1016637145698701312

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SaraKJohn

Gorgeous day in Dublin West. Sun splitting the stones. Aprox 21 degrees. Not at all as humid as the past couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Mod Note: will leave the thread open, jumped the gun, eye off the ball ! Looks warm for many again today.

Well , we were blessed here with a sudden, heavy shower... I was asleep ( not well) and I leapt out of bed... Wonderful sound. Cat was asleep outside and got soaked.. Heavy, dark , cumbersome skies....

West Mayo, offshore island

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Stunning day in Dublin 16. 21.1c atm.

Cooler air mass across the country today so just not sure anywhere will see 25c?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭sunnyday1234

Graces7 wrote: »

Well , we were blessed here with  a sudden, heavy shower... I was asleep ( not well) and I leapt out of bed... Wonderful sound. Cat was asleep outside and got soaked.. Heavy, dark , cumbersome skies....  

West Mayo, offshore island
    Sounds like heaven!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

A much more perfect summer day by my own standards here in Dublin today - the sky is clear and the sun bright and warm, but the air itself is still relatively cool and refreshing with low humidity. Last night was actually chilly which was wonderful. If it had rained overnight, it would have been my ideal, but it's close enough as is. The tortuously hot humidity of the weekend can stay away, please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement