Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭pauldry

20.2c and fair in Sligo

sure tis grand

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Gone over 26c in Durrow - late afternoon heat here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭firemansam4

It's like a different part of the world here in north Donegal been overcast with on and off misty rain most the day. Had to wear a jacket outside today as it feels quite cold here today. Although im close to the coast here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,091 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Lovely in South west Dublin now in the shade .. Nice to be out but not intense heat

• Registered Users Posts: 14,314 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

proper rain now in SW donegal just lookled round out of the office window !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,503 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I have never washed as many items !! Every stich that could be washed is washed

Exactly, wash the winter fleece when the weather is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hook Head was glorious today.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The lighthouse looking great contrasted against a clear blue sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Loving the cool moist air on bare arms, and the wet cat against my ankles.. and the rest from the constant glare .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

High summer here. Don't get those conditions too frequently tbh ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

hinault wrote: »
    It's like the fooking Doldrums though.

No breeze to speak of, weather being the same each day every day.

There is a bit of a breeze in Dublin. Feeling slightly cool in the shade even at 24C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Interesting phenomenon in the U.K. the heatwave is exposing old habitations as the grass underneath has different depths depending on whether it was walled, or meadow etc.

https://twitter.com/paulmmcooper/status/1015908603960659970?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

25.9C was my top temperature today, which is similar to yesterday's temperature of 25.8C.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    There is a bit of a breeze in Dublin. Feeling slightly cool in the shade even at 24C.

I wish I was back home in Dublin :pac:

Where I am in the midlands at the moment, there is not a breath of air to be had, unfortunately.

I'm back home to Dublin on Thursday though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Today's maxima

26.2 - Oak Park
    24.6 - Gurteen
    24.3 - Shannon
    24.1 - Mullingar
    23.5 - Cork Airport
    21 6 - Casement
    21.1 - Dublin Airport
    16.3 - Malin Head

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

We’re heading to achill sat and Sunday. Anyone know is this going to brake up the weekend or will we be ok?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Great Summer's day in Tralee, not quite making it to Heatwave temperature ( ahem :rolleyes: ) but fantastic nonetheless. The air was warm and not too humid with a gentle breeze.

Got up to 22.6C and currently 18.0C

Liked the look of the bands of high cloud a bit earlier this evening, shows up well on the Satellite Pic .

C4N5Hnr.jpg?1

5PrglEf.jpg?1

https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/1016756225550233602

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

12Z ECM keeping total accumulated precipitation well below 5mm for most of the country over the next ten days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Fairly light all right for most but maybe more will show up. This Chart will be unreliable with the present uncertainty of how the LP's will perform over the weekend but showing more in the W /SW / S where you would expect more rain coming in from the Atlantic. At present the fronts look weak enough though.

AirtUm0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

Ok, so not a professional station (ALDI) but it has been in the shade for 5 hours!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

The clouds were beautiful today. Hard to describe but the sky was just so pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Just been for a swim at Portmarnock beach. Very pleasant. The east wind was hardly noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

davidsr20 wrote: »
    We’re heading to achill sat and Sunday. Anyone know is this going to brake up the weekend or will we be ok?

Think you might be a bit unlucky. Which is a shame cause Achill on a nice summers day is magnificent

• Registered Users Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Think you might be a bit unlucky. Which is a shame cause Achill on a nice summers day is magnificent

Sure is
    35850784_2148168235200288_9135295327199297536_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1ac7fdc3b1afcf79fefc7932842b2d41&oe=5B9F5B7F

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

The clouds were beautiful today. Hard to describe but the sky was just so pretty.
    What clouds? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Sure is
    35850784_2148168235200288_9135295327199297536_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1ac7fdc3b1afcf79fefc7932842b2d41&oe=5B9F5B7F

wow - splendid photo :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Very warm night again ...still up around 18c and humidity around 70% really need a decent nights kip.
    Anyone else’s eating patterns gone hair wire? I find I am picking a lot more and having a lot less large meals and eating later at night. Haven’t had a spud in two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭giveitholly

harr wrote: »
    Very warm night again ...still up around 18c and humidity around 70% really need a decent nights kip.
    Anyone else’s eating patterns gone hair wire? I find I am picking a lot more and having a lot less large meals and eating later at night. Haven’t had a spud in two weeks.
    Yeah nearly all salads I've been eating and haven't had spuds and veg in nearly a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Food is a hard chore, now we know why the Italians and Spanish are thin - filling food is only fuel when it's cold enough to need stoking the fire. In these temps it's just for basic nutrition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Yeah nearly all salads I've been eating and haven't had spuds and veg in nearly a month
    I think I've lost weight!!! :pac: though the occasional beer is probably hampering a decent loss!

Meanwhile back at the ranch, a dry mild 17.3c in a light southerly breeze and the house is baking from non-stop sunshine all day, even the bits of cloud this evening were dodging the sun! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement