Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Inviere wrote: »
    Hmm, not for me. I'd rather have to throw a jacket on if it's raining/cloudy, than to be suffering from high humidity without the blue skies. Hate that type of weather.

Absolutely. If it’s going to rain or be cloudy, let it be cool. Humidity and warmth without sun is hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

broken cloud here in Cork city but heat at lunch time was punishing nonetheless. Wasn't on the thread over weekend but I see some references to it having been cloudy, etc. Was beautiful here anyway, some cloud Saturday but much sun, whereas Sunday was just a scorcher for the ages (again!). We did 6 happy hours at beach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Fairly sunny here now and the temperature's gone up to 22.6C.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,765 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

well its 19.8c here in south county sligo @4pm , the sun is shining ... but i dont find it that warm ... the breeze has a bit of cold in it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Amazing to see how quick all the cloud over the whole country is dissolving over the last 2 hours on Sat24 at the moment. As others have said. The heat without the sun is just annoying but now with the sun coming out in the Costa Del Bray the mindset flips to being overjoyed at another Hot Summers day in Bray. Love it. Homemade BBQ Burgers ready in the Fridge as we speak. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

well its 19.8c here in south county sligo @4pm , the sun is shining ... but i dont find it that warm ... the breeze has a bit of cold in it

Sligo is in the cooler air. Temperatures now mostly in the teens across the northern third of the country. This cooler air is sinking it's way south over the next 12 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭rebs23

It's sweltering here in Cork City again, 25c at lunchtime, sunshine, a bit cloudy. Feels hotter than yesterday which was clear. How many consecutive days of day time temperatures reaching 25c plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

rebs23 wrote: »
    It's sweltering here in Cork City again, 25c at lunchtime, sunshine, a bit cloudy. Feels hotter than yesterday which was clear. How many consecutive days of day time temperatures reaching 25c plus?

yeah, its 25c in Moore Park and 24 in Cork airport. Scorchio!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Good update from UK Met Office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Clear skies, blustery wind and a front garden in a neighbouring estate on fire! Now under control and mainly smoke. Be careful out there people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Did anyone see the Carlow GAA pitch on the Sunday Game last night. I think it is Dr Cullen Park. I don't think I have ever seen a GAA pitch so burnt, only patches of green on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Did anyone see the Carlow GAA pitch on the Sunday Game last night. I think it is Dr Cullen Park. I don't think I have ever seen a GAA pitch so burnt, only patches of green on it.
    The hosepipe ban is residential only ? surely the likes of sports clubs can water pitches... was at a junior club match in Kilkenny on Saturday and they had four huge sprinklers on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Interesting that mid July in both 1976 and 1995 saw Atlantic lows move close to Ireland, we now know this was only a temporary interruption in these two fine summers. I'm not making any predictions about Chris next week being only an interruption or the beginning of an unsettled spell lasting into August. No one knows.
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/archive/ra/1976/Rrea00119760715.gif
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/archive/ra/1995/Rrea00119950714.gif

Gonzo wrote: »
    Sligo is in the cooler air. Temperatures now mostly in the teens across the northern third of the country. This cooler air is sinking it's way south over the next 12 hours.

Are we in the cooler air? The temperature's 21.3C here now and has been below 22 since 1600, even though the sky is almost clear now, when it reached its high of 22.6C.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    Are we in the cooler air? The temperature's 21.3C here now and has been below 22 since 1600, even though the sky is almost clear now, when it reached its high of 22.6C.

I reckon were' at a half way point between the very warm weather to the south and cooler conditions to the north. All of Ireland and the UK will be in the cooler air by tomorrow. The cooler air is moving south-westwards.

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/temp_uk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Beautiful now in Dublin 8. Cloud cover disappeared and it's pretty warm in the sunshine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

Everything is pointing towards 19 degrees here in south Co Dublin, but feels much, much hotter than that. Humidity is around 66% apparently, but not sure that would account for how hot it feels.

At 22.4C it feels cool in the shade with the breeze.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Clear blue skies and sunshine in Dublin 16....but....18.2c atm. Feeling chilly!

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Clear blue skies and sunshine in Dublin 16....but....18.2c atm. Feeling chilly!

It's completely sunny here also, but it's still 21.2C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

It looks like next Monday could be a wet day for most of us. There should be some moisture from Tropical Storm if not Hurricane Chris at the other side of the Atlantic enhancing the rainfall here next weekend. Liking the dry summer weather but as a farmer not having rain is hitting my pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

20.8c recently in West Clare and stunningly sunny, although now it's apparently -67.8c, I may close the windows (battery's gone on the Vantage Vue, recently repositioned it and I pointed the wrong end to the south like the clown I am).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Very hot still in Cork city..today felt extremely hot ...thought I'd combust everytime I was stopped at the traffic lights but temp in car was reading 24-25...felt hotter imo.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    It's completely sunny here also, but it's still 21.2C

17.9c now.....getting into central heating and fire territory! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Glorious blue sky evening in North County Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Clear skies here in Castlebar with lovely evening sunshine. Should cool down nicely later

Still above 20 here, at 20.3C.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

There was smoke coming out of this chimney today!! I sh!t you not!:D Its either someone just off the plane from Mumbai or someone burning old documents or junkmail in the fireplace :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Calibos wrote: »
    There was smoke coming out of this chimney today!! I sh!t you not!:D Its either someone just off the plane from Mumbai or someone burning old documents or junkmail in the fireplace :D

I did exactly that during the peak of the heatwave 10 days ago. I certainly wasn`t feeling cold then or now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Colser wrote: »
    Very hot still in Cork city..today felt extremely hot ...thought I'd combust everytime I was stopped at the traffic lights but temp in car was reading 24-25...felt hotter imo.

I feel you, 25 in the car and sweating.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement