Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Glorious evening in Galway. Heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The funniest thing I saw on the beach yesterday was a couple walking,the guy was wearing a rain mac yoke and yer one had a hoody with the hood up and a fleece gilet over it,dunno what weather they were expecting to suddenly arrive but others on the beach were in shorts and bikini s.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭pauldry

A rather 'rude' looking satelite right now

http://sat24.com

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Back from a lovely refreshing swim, clear blue skies and calm in Kerry.

16.9C

• Registered Users Posts: 11,765 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

cooling down here now quite a bit...

455395.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Lovely evening in D15. Pleasant coolness and a beautiful red sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

Lovely evening but something about the air just feels cooler. Sort of felt like late August walking there

shakeitoff wrote: »
    Lovely evening but something about the air just feels cooler. Sort of felt like late August walking there
    i would have said April meself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Decent nights sleep may be possible then!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭highdef

I never changed to the summer duvet this year so have been using the 13 tog duck feather all through the warm weather, only throwing it off a few times. Snuggled right into it tonight though. I really think I belong in a warmer country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

I was at Dromineer on Lough Derg at 20.00hrs, car temperature gauge was reading 24 celsius. Beautiful sunny evening and not a cloud in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Its the kinda evening / night i like. its after 1030pm, clear blue skies with lots of brightness in the sky and a refreshing temperature of 14 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭pauldry

Grand fresh evening in Sligo

16c and dropping fast

May even get 2mm of rain Wednesday to flood the place for 2 minutes.

There was 0.6mm of rain here last week and it got my garden growing again miraculously. Just a few yellow patches now.

Once rain does return the land will get green very fast if hard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Lovely evening but much cooler. 14.1C. RH 80%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

shakeitoff wrote: »

Its probably because of the due point, as the due is forming it will make the surrounding air feel cooler

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Had the dogs put for a run this evening. First time in a while I've been comfortable letting them have some proper exercise. They were delighted, racing around and wrestling like lunatics. It's feeling chilly here in my corner of Kilkenny at 17deg. The heatwave has broken us. We're all soft and easily disturbed by the cold now!

Looking at met.ie I noticed how much warmer it is down south. Cork was 20C at 2200, Roches Point and Shannon were 19C while Dublin was only 13.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

A cloudy Humid start in Waterford City but the cloud cleared in the afternoon and it turned into another glorious day.
    Went to Bunmahon Beach and it was just perfect conditions with a light breeze off the sea and sunny skies.
    Water is still a bit chilly but i could feel it that bit warmer than this time last week.
    For the record Max Temp of 24.5c at my Waterford City station. Long may this fantastic spell of weather continue.
    Currently its 16.4c so not as warm as previous nights.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭MrDerp

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    Looking at met.ie I noticed how much warmer it is down south. Cork was 20C at 2200, Roches Point and Shannon were 19C while Dublin was only 13.

In cork city and I can confirm it’s roashting and humid. As warm as I’ve felt going to bed.

I might die :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yup I’m also just gone to bed in Cork city and can confirm it’s roasting! Window being open makes feck all difference.

• Advertisement

ZX7R wrote: »
    Its probably because of the due point, as the due is forming it will make the surrounding air feel cooler

the Dew point even :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

the Dew point even :D

Getting tired and old memory gets mixed upðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Yup I’m also just gone to bed in Cork city and can confirm it’s roasting! Window being open makes feck all difference.

I'm still up,all the windows open and not even a breeze through the house..still very warm here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Feels fresher here with that humidity gone. Turned out a beautiful sunny day. Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Horrible night for sleeping in cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

You kind of expect to wake up these days to blue skies and that's exactly what we have this morning in Dublin. Heavenly start to the day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Big difference in overnight lows between the east and south. Dublin Airport and Casement 5.2 and 6.6, respectively, while Roches Point only fell to 15.5 and Cork Airport 14.9.

Grass minima were 2 degrees at the Dublin sites and 13 at the Cork ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

highdef wrote: »

I never changed to the summer duvet this year so have been using the 13 tog duck feather all through the warm weather, only throwing it off a few times. Snuggled right into it tonight though. I really think I belong in a warmer country.

We're the opposite.. 4 tog all year round

Beautiful, calm, clear, blue, sunny morning in Glasnevin. It's 12.6C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

8c this morning, nice and cool going to work.

The house was still 23c.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement