Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Food is a hard chore, now we know why the Italians and Spanish are thin - filling food is only fuel when it's cold enough to need stoking the fire. In these temps it's just for basic nutrition.

Plus putting on a hob or oven in this heat is HELL.

I’ve dropped half a stone in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Food is a hard chore, now we know why the Italians and Spanish are thin - filling food is only fuel when it's cold enough to need stoking the fire. In these temps it's just for basic nutrition.

It is my belief that we Irish eat too much anyway, which is maybe understandable given our usually cool and damp climate, but in weather like this, the same portions serve no real purpose.

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

I dunno salads never did it for me need me carbs.

Dull start here to the day again and the brightened up as the day went on. Looks like we wont be getting those heavy showers here in the west tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

thought the windows were dirty looking just there, but lo and behold tis only a bit of mist

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Hazy Sunshine this morning with a nice breeze..temp already up to 18c considering the top temperature forecast for here today is to be 21c it’s warm early..
    Kildare/Laois border

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Out running in Meath this morning. Got hit with a few tiny droplets. I'd say it was evaporated before it hit the ground it was that light.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Hazy sunshine in Waterford City. Feeling very humid, Temp up to 21.2c already. A station record 20 days now without rain.

www.waterfordweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

No they aren't. Have you been to America? The fatties are all in the hot climates

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

some misty drizzle here this morning, can't see it but you feel it when you walk outside. Also starting to brighten up again and mild at 17C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Some liquid substance fell from the sky here in Dublin a few moments ago, I'm sure I've seen it before but cannot remember the name as it's been so long, it seemed quite familiar though... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

It has been a month long lettuce-fest. Colon is taking a battering though. Far too much red meat from the barbies.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

latest forecast from the UK Met showing nothing more than drizzly showers in eastern areas today with many areas staying dry. The bulk of the rain and showers will stay over western Scotland and eastern fringes of Northern Ireland before dying out completely tonight.

The Outlook trend for the next week is starting to shape up to be less unsettled, than it was a few days ago.

Looks warm and increasingly sunny between tomorrow and Saturday.

According to Met Eireann eastern areas will hold onto the heat into Sunday with showers expected Sunday. First half of next week looking warm and settled. Chance of showers breaking out mid week next week but even that is uncertain. Temperatures most likely to remain in the low to mid 20s for much of next week. https://www.met.ie/forecasts/national-forecast

BBC website is showing a continuation of warmth and settled conditions for Dublin up to Thursday 19th July with some light rain on the 19th and 20th, then back to dry and staying warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

18c in Ennis at the moment, some clouds but lots of bright spells, feeling lovely, really nice summer weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Hit 23.6c at mine, the heatwave trying to cling on for dear life :D

Meanwhile back up to 28c Saturday on ECMWF
    https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1017014471359909888

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

No sign of rain in Kildare but the first real dull damp feeling morning in a long time. Sun doing it's best to break through now though there's still a lot of cloud around

only 18C here and cloudy. Today could be the first day since Friday 22nd June to not reach 20C at my location.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Met Éireann have released a report on the heatwave up to and including yesterday.

https://www.met.ie/cms/assets/uploads/2018/07/WarmWx06072018update11.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

http://www.laoisweather.com/live.jpg

Photo at the link above shows another rather sunny day again. In the distance you can see the orange fields. Hit 23.1c on the AWS around 1pm. Summer continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

shakeitoff wrote: »
    No they aren't. Have you been to America? The fatties are all in the hot climates

I knew someone would cite Americans! They are so in love with mindless consumerism it wouldn't occur to them to eat less.

24.4c! It couldn't could it?

Based on Met Eireann report https://www.met.ie/cms/assets/uploads/2018/07/WarmWx06072018update11.pdf Oak Park saw 11 days of Heatwave but the 12th day hit 24.9c just 0.1c from continuing Heatwave and it hit heatwave again yesterday with 5 days above 25c again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The cloud is trying in vain to hit Wexford,our magical cloud burning shield is still working. 24c at the moment but I can see it hitting 25 or 26 away from the coast here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

The cloud is trying in vain to hit Wexford,our magical cloud burning shield is still working. 24c at the moment but I can see it hitting 25 or 26 away from the coast here.

The snow shield was well and truly breached back at the beginning of March so it`s only a matter of time before this one fails as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The snow shield was well and truly breached back at the beginning of March so it`s only a matter of time before this one fails as well.

Nah, even the locals have started speaking Spanish down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Another stunner of a day down here. roasting out. Cork airport reporting 22c at 1pm but Moore Park (more representative of the city in this spell) not reporting. its usually 2c higher so widely 24c at a guess.

Just after getting my first rain alarm on my app in about 3 weeks ..temps currently 23c but gone very cloudy..sun is desperately trying to regain control.. it will be touch and go here..hopefully we see another 25c

I don't believe it!! The #Heatwave continues in Tullow as my station has once again hit 25c. That is 18 days in a row now above 25c!

Villain wrote: »
    I don't believe it!! The #Heatwave continues in Tullow as my station has once again hit 25c. That is 18 days in a row now above 25c!
    Lucky you , mine was heading the same 18c early and temps rising nicely then suddenly swamped by cloud at lunch time ..it will probably be the first day my temps won’t hit the magic number..

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭sunnyday1234

27 again in north cork

Relentless

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Villain wrote: »
    Hit 23.6c at mine, the heatwave trying to cling on for dear life :D

Meanwhile back up to 28c Saturday on ECMWF
    https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1017014471359909888

So we have very mixed messages over this coming weekend? should we be expecting much rainfall? Met Eireann has no rain forecast whatsoever for Mallow at the moment but their online radar and GFS Charts clearly show rain forecast.. im lost :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Day 18 here too of the heatwave. I thought it might end today, but no, another day over 25C in Kilkenny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement