Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE World Cup Coverage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Brian Kerr is the greatest.

Edit: if anything is ruining anything, it's constant ads for those parasitic bookmaker dipsticks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Edit: if anything is ruining anything, it's constant ads for those parasitic bookmaker dipsticks.

Don’t forget Maroon 5 and their Three F’ing Little Birds too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

EVERY BLOODY AD BREAK!!!!

Normally that kind of thing fills me with rage, but I've had Bob Marley in my head for 4 days now, and, frankly, my life is better for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Whatever happened to child locks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Kerr:he's also won Sweden's best dressed man,now that's proper research!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Remus Uomo

Come down to our stores if you want to get kitted out with an ill-fitting gray blazer over a zip neck black polo neck.

Special_One_with_title_2_600px.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Especially Paddy Power hiding behind that "mad lad bants" image, shower of bastards.

That Zlatan ad is sh1te but weirdly amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I like your man Michael O'Neill, the Northern Ireland manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 spanner555

So which commentators from rte are actually in Russia I wonder.
    Seen earlier that people reckon ger canning is commentating from a studio in Dublin.
    Surely George Hamilton is over there.
    I have my doubts about John Kenny. Football was never really his main sport. Good on the motor sport though.

spanner555 wrote: »
    Seen earlier that people reckon ger canning is commentating from a studio in Dublin.
    I have my doubts about John Kenny. Football was never really his main sport. Good on the motor sport though.

George and Ronnie are definitely in Volgograd. They did a report from there earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

George Hamilton and Ronnie Whelan did an Outside Broadcast from downtown Volgograd earlier, they are definitely over there.

Edit: Like what Ol' Donie said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Ger's definitely commentating from Dublin. He surely wouldn't be able to commentate on Gaelic and hurling if he was in Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

There's so many commentators you'd think with how competitive it is there'd be less ****e ones.

Richard Dunne must be doing it for free. The most boring man ever to do punditry.

Kerr is great on commentary and is literally the best co-commentator from all the channels, as he seems to have done research. Great knowledge on the costa rican centre back the other day.

I like Keith Andrews. I think he's top 3 pundits for RTE, alongside Didi.

Duff is a knob. Why is he sitting in his chair and acting like a hard man?

Sadlier too slow and ponderous...always looking up at the ceiling while he's talking as if he is making sure not to forget anything.

Nice to hear Ray Houghton defending the slow start of many, many teams and players, citing his first hand experience.

11 minutes, Ray.

It took you 11 minutes to put Italy to the sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,300 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Especially Paddy Power hiding behind that "mad lad bants" image, shower of bastards.

That Zlatan ad is sh1te but weirdly amusing.

I like it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,182 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That accent,mate

Nah

• Registered Users Posts: 32,304 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Pussyhands wrote: »
    There's so many commentators you'd think with how competitive it is there'd be less ****e ones.

Richard Dunne must be doing it for free. The most boring man ever to do punditry.

Kerr is great on commentary and is literally the best co-commentator from all the channels, as he seems to have done research. Great knowledge on the costa rican centre back the other day.

I like Keith Andrews. I think he's top 3 pundits for RTE, alongside Didi.

Duff is a knob. Why is he sitting in his chair and acting like a hard man?

Sadlier too slow and ponderous...always looking up at the ceiling while he's talking as if he is making sure not to forget anything.
    Spot on i really like Brian Kerr, tells it how it is, I thought he didnt get a fair crack at the Ireland job tbh.
    Keith Andrews excellent as well, Richard Dunne would put you to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,300 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Richard Dunne makes me sad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,304 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

lawred2 wrote: »
    Richard Dunne makes me sad

I think he makes himself sad as well...

Only lad not mangling the English language apart from Darragh and Brady is Didi, and it’s not his first language!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

gmisk wrote: »
    I think he makes himself sad as well...

His eyes are always watery-poor bloke looks about 10 years older than he is:(

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

That accent,mate

Lots of countries don't chastise their own because they have a strong native accent. Instead they're bloody proud of it.
    You go Brian!!! Feck the begrudgers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Brian Kerr is an absolute gem at commentating. And I can find the Dublin accent fairly irritating much of the time, especially the D4, but also the scummy one.

Kerr does his research, and brings personality to the role. I'd put him in with Hamilton as the best commentator's.

no.8 wrote: »
    Lots of countries don't chastise their own because they have a strong native accent. Instead they're bloody proud of it.

Sorry mate, I don’t like it.

If it’s your preference, fair enough.

I tend to just switch off.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭horseofstone

Duff, too narky and moaning
    Hamann,honest and sincere
    Ladies, have nothing inciteful to say
    Andrews,too mouthy
    Dunne,looks too worried looking
    Dunphy, legend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Are Kenny Cunningham's eyebrows going to make an appearance?

Are Kenny Cunningham's eyebrows going to make an appearance?

It's not looking good at this particular moment in time.

Have they done away with any sort of discussion on the highlights show? That's where Kenny did his best work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

no.8 wrote: »

Who's begrudging him? :confused:

Advertisement