Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang Rape in Kildare

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

On one hand I think it’s good that this case is being spoken about as much as it is. On the other hand, I’m not sure it’s coming from the right place. It seems to be coming from (from what I’m reading) a ‘anything to get the immigrants out’ place, rather than a place of genuine concern for the safety of Irish women.

For example- this case has been fairly high profile, but the case below hasn’t received nearly as much publicity. One case involves foreign nationals, the other a limerick man, only one is really being spoke about.

http://www.thejournal.ie/retrial-ordered-rape-case-4065246-Jun2018/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

On one hand I think it’s good that this case is being spoken about as much as it is. On the other hand, I’m not sure it’s coming from the right place.

It's not
    It seems to be coming from (from what I’m reading) a ‘anything to get the immigrants out’ place, rather than a place of genuine concern for the safety of Irish women.

spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Yes I would suspect your imagination contains a lot of "facts" like that.

How the hell can you deny it? I don't know of a single "gang rape case from Irish rapists in collusion with each other, however there are literally hundreds of Islamic and other rape culture incidents across Europe for years now. You'll deny it till it happens to one of your own, then you'll wake up ..a bit too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Anyway, why is this guys case from 8 years ago being brought up in this thread? It's nothing like the case reported in Clane.

Is it not? Sexual assault in Kildare where 3 males are involved and they're foreign nationals. No nothing alike.

Another reason it's brought up is because he still plays football at the highest level in this country week in and week out and makes a living from it. Children attend the games.

Then there's this. Not sure of the context but poor either way.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHe7yeWWpgEj1kIWv_2jcEJC3mIO0dxCNPx7d0-ERkwsle1qMhaA

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭taylor3

Just reading this thread. I wholeheartedly agree with the content of 'youtubes' post. I as a woman believe it's the idea that the attackers are acting as a group or gang that is truly scary. That would be a new thing. I remember growing up in the 80's and 90's and when news would break of a woman being attacked, mugged, raped etc; it was always a lone male, and yes he would be white Irish too, as we really didn't have many non national back then.
    So when I hear of 3 men attacking/raping a woman I'm sorry but I will always wonder who the perpetrators are and from what background.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Omackeral wrote: »
    Is it not? Sexual assault in Kildare where 3 males are involved and they're foreign nationals. No nothing alike.

Another reason it's brought up is because he still plays football at the highest level in this country week in and week out and makes a living from it. Children attend the games.

how the f is this guy allowed to play for a professional club ?

he should be removed regardless of the context or timing

he is a convicted sex offender appears to think its funny ,
    POS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

I see a fg councilor is under criticism for speaking out against this.

SF and the left are very quite, I wonder why??

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭2forjoy

Seems to be politics and everything nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    how the f is this guy allowed to play for a professional club ?

he should be removed regardless of the context or timing

he is a convicted sex offender appears to think its funny ,
    POS

When you compare it to the whats-app messages from the rugby players and the outrage that ensued from that. This guy really is blessed not to be a white guy. Otherwise the online mobs and the media would be after him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Ban taxis.

Execute all taxi drivers. It’s the only viable solution.

• Advertisement

backspin. wrote: »
    When you compare it to the whats-app messages from the rugby players and the outrage that ensued from that. This guy really is blessed not to be a white guy. Otherwise the online mobs and the media would be after him.

wonder how his victim feels about it

youtube! wrote: »

How the hell can you deny it? I don't know of a single "gang rape case from Irish rapists in collusion with each other, however there are literally hundreds of Islamic and other rape culture incidents across Europe for years now. You'll deny it till it happens to one of your own, then you'll wake up ..a bit too late.

There was an extremely vicious gang rape in Clare some years ago. Rapists working together in a gang.

bubblypop wrote: »

There was an extremely vicious gang rape in Clare some years ago. Rapists working together in a gang.

that was a once off incident of a group of scumbags targeting a couple because thy though mistakenly that the man was a garda

may they all die roaring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

And Bohs, that great community oriented club, had this guy on their books up until 2017....

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

And Bohs, that great community oriented club, had this guy on their books up until 2017....

FFS

They did. And it caused a rift among plenty of fans.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

The Church, industrial schools, House of Horrors... they were called rings rather than gangs though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

They did. And it caused a rift among plenty of fans.

I know of two (previous) fans who stopped supporting the club at the time and haven't gone back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

neonsofa wrote: »
    I know of two (previous) fans who stopped supporting the club at the time and haven't gone back.

Used to support them myself up until 2015/2016 when I noticed the anarchist symbols and refugees welcome mural on the walls of their stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

On one hand I think it’s good that this case is being spoken about as much as it is. On the other hand, I’m not sure it’s coming from the right place. It seems to be coming from (from what I’m reading) a ‘anything to get the immigrants out’ place, rather than a place of genuine concern for the safety of Irish women.

For example- this case has been fairly high profile, but the case below hasn’t received nearly as much publicity. One case involves foreign nationals, the other a limerick man, only one is really being spoke about.

http://www.thejournal.ie/retrial-ordered-rape-case-4065246-Jun2018/
    Hanley has previous convictions for violent crimes, including possession of a knife in 2000 and threats to kill in 2007 and 2008. He was convicted of intimidating a witness in his own 2008 case.

During the sentencing hearing Hanley, who had dismissed his legal team after his conviction, repeatedly shouted at the judge that he was not a rapist and called the victim a liar.

The judge who made the error is an absolute idiot, putting what semblance of justice the victim may get at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

When and if they are apprehended Cut the bollix off each and every one of this rape gang

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

_Dara_ wrote: »
    I’ve only experienced a sleazy taxi driver once. He was Irish.
    Well in my experience,
    I’ve met plenty of sleazy/pig ignorant/angry/confused about the route and or the fare, “foreign national” taxi men. Mainly west African, some Asian.

Anecdotally the vast majority of “native irish” taxi men I’ve encountered have been fine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I know of plenty of such cases. What position are you in to hear about them? Are you an investigator? A rape counsellor? Perhaps a court clerk or nurse?

The only similarity in the crimes is they are suspected non Irish people. That's it. One case involves an act of defilement among four youths at a house party with a pre existing relationship. The other involves three men attacking a random woman on the street and one of them raping her.

It's normal to be attracted to peers. A the time of his crime I believe there was less than 18 months in the difference of their ages and he had a pre existing relationship with her. Why you think that would make him a danger to children as an adult is a bit perplexing. Where you attracted to people you own age in your teens? Are you attracted to them now?

I've seen better quality images of big foot. But even assuming that is real, I still ask what relevance is it to this incident in Clane? It's just another example of people using a victim of sexual assault to try push their xenophobia.

taylor3 wrote: »
    Just reading this thread. I wholeheartedly agree with the content of 'youtubes' post. I as a woman believe it's the idea that the attackers are acting as a group or gang that is truly scary. That would be a new thing. I remember growing up in the 80's and 90's and when news would break of a woman being attacked, mugged, raped etc; it was always a lone male, and yes he would be white Irish too, as we really didn't have many non national back then.
    So when I hear of 3 men attacking/raping a woman I'm sorry but I will always wonder who the perpetrators are and from what background.

It most certainly is not a new thing in Ireland nor by any means an immigrant thing.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/jail-for-teens-who-locked-man-in-boot-before-raping-his-girlfriend-25908602.html

FOUR teenagers who locked a man in the boot of a car and then took turns raping his girlfriend have received sentences ranging from four to 10 years at the Central Criminal Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Im not sure of the stats but when it comes to gang rapes i would imagine the proportion of foreign nationals committing this sort of crime compared to Irish is significantly higher.

https://theukdatabase.com/2014/11/01/3-kildare-residents-each-receive-suspended-sentences-for-sexual-abuse-of-schoolgirl/

Meet professional football Ismaheel Akinade of WATERFORD FC

This is an exposure of a convicted offender who was involved/watched gang rape of a schoolgirl who not only walked free from court, but managed to silence five national newspapers with the help of high flying barristers.

The Irish Independent, Irish Examiner, Breaking news Eire, Sunday World and Nationalist and Leinster times all had court injunctions taken out on them to hide his conviction.

Ironically, the judge Justice Bernard Barton presided over all of the cases

Akinade was due to be deported after his conviction, but was granted asylum by Justice Barton because he was a ‘hot prosepect for the future for Irish football’

That link is full of nonsense. He was 16 at the time of that incident and the girl was 14. That's why his information was not released, he was a minor. None of them were convicted of rape, it was defilement, commonly known as statutory rape. And since when does the judge in a criminal trial have the  ability to grant a defendant asylum? What kind of manure reporting is  that?
    Would you say im totally wrong so that most gang rapes are by foreign nationals? Percentage proportion im talking about.

Im not sure of the stats but when it comes to gang rapes i would imagine the proportion of foreign nationals committing this sort of crime compared to Irish is significantly higher.

https://theukdatabase.com/2014/11/01/3-kildare-residents-each-receive-suspended-sentences-for-sexual-abuse-of-schoolgirl/

Meet professional football Ismaheel Akinade of WATERFORD FC

This is an exposure of a convicted offender who was involved/watched gang rape of a schoolgirl who not only walked free from court, but managed to silence five national newspapers with the help of high flying barristers.

The Irish Independent, Irish Examiner, Breaking news Eire, Sunday World and Nationalist and Leinster times all had court injunctions taken out on them to hide his conviction.

Ironically, the judge Justice Bernard Barton presided over all of the cases

Akinade was due to be deported after his conviction, but was granted asylum by Justice Barton because he was a ‘hot prosepect for the future for Irish football’

That link is full of nonsense. He was 16 at the time of that incident and the girl was 14. That's why his information was not released, he was a minor. None of them were convicted of rape, it was defilement, commonly known as statutory rape. And since when does the judge in a criminal trial have the  ability to grant a defendant asylum? What kind of manure reporting is  that?
    Would you say im totally wrong so that most gang rapes are by foreign nationals? Percentage proportion im talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The question isn't are you right - I'm not even sure the data even exists to prove or disprove you - the question is: WHY do you imagine this to be the case? What influenced your opinion?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

In Ireland? Absolutely.

Basically  reports from Europe, im just talking about this particular type of crime and to argue against it is just ignoring the blatant culture that exists among certain communities. Again im not tarring all the one race im just saying its more prevalent in certain communities. I dont know why some people on here so ardently try to disagree with common knowledge.

In Ireland? Absolutely.
    So your saying percentage populaion of ireland versus immigrants there has been more gang rapes by irish men than foreign nationals? Take the last twenty years as a fairer reflection as we have many more immigrants nowadays.

So your saying percentage populaion of ireland versus immigrants there has been more gang rapes by irish men than foreign nationals? Take the last twenty years as a fairer reflection as we have many more immigrants nowadays.

Based on my experience in the criminal justice system over the past 12 years I would say yes.

• Advertisement

Based on my experience in the criminal justice system over the past 12 years I would say yes.
    Fair enough man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement