Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang Rape in Kildare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,163 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Basically  reports from Europe, im just talking about this particular type of crime and to argue against it is just ignoring the blatant culture that exists among certain communities. Again im not tarring all the one race im just saying its more prevalent in certain communities. I dont know why some people on here so ardently try to disagree with common knowledge.

Interesting - you've gone from "I would imagine" to "common knowledge".

It depends on how you define "common knowledge". Reminds of that wonderful Brass Eye line: "Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence to support it, but it IS sicentific fact."

For now, I'm of the opinion it's confirmation bias on your part

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Its common knowledge whats happening in Europe so i extrapolated that to i would imagine in Ireland so no not very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

Its common knowledge whats happening in Europe so i extrapolated that to i would imagine in Ireland so no not very interesting.

I don't know the official stats and don't have time to look for them at the moment, but keep in mind that the rapes by immigrants that happen in Europe are usually the ones that get international attention, as the media know that this topic sells at the moment.

You most likely won't hear about the rape cases committed by the natives, unless it sparks a national outrage or unless the victim is a foreign national.

I don't know the official stats and don't have time to look for them at the moment, but keep in mind that the rapes by immigrants are usually the ones that get international attention, as the media know that this topic sells at the moment.  

You most likely won't hear about the rape cases committed by the natives, unless it sparks a national outrage or unless the victim is a foreign national.
    Im simply talking about gang rapes im sure even native gang rapes would be publicized, anyway im off this topic. Better do some work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Im simply talking about gang rapes im sure even native gang rapes would be publicized, anyway im off this topic. Better do some work.

But they aren't. Only in exceptional circumstances will they make national news.

• Advertisement

Except... this is bull****, isn't it? Again, you contrdict yourself: you said "I don't know the official stats" but somehow it's "common knowlege"...? How the **** does THAT work?!

Furthermore this "common knowledge" is of "what's happening in Europe" - well tell me, how often do you hear of sexual attacks being commited in Europe by people from the same European country?

Wouldn't you need this knowledge to form an accurate opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭MFPM

backspin. wrote: »
    If you want a clue as to what we will be facing in this country in the coming years look to the experiences of Sweden, Germany, France, England etc. Why do you think we will be any different?

Yet we've have two decades of fairly significant immigration without major issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭MFPM

Would you say im totally wrong so that most gang rapes are by foreign nationals? Percentage proportion im talking about.

You haven't provided any figures to back your assertion so as of now it's simply your unsubstantiated opinion.

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Yes i'm not arguing with that, but a much higher % are black foreign nationals,
    no woman i know will get into a taxi with a black driver by herself,
    Un pc to say, but it's the reality

Not a single woman you know? Not one? You must not know very many so. That is not the reality. Please stop speaking for women.

Especially since despite your username you are a man.

I am a woman. Your post certainly doesn't reflect my reality or the reality of my female friends or family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

The question isn't are you right - I'm not even sure the data even exists to prove or disprove you - the question is: WHY do you imagine this to be the case? What influenced your opinion?

Perhaps he's a bigot... or maybe, and this might be a stretch, but as 75% of all gang rapes and grooming gangs in the UK hail from a pool of just 3% of the overall population, ie, Muslim men, the poster has surmised that Ireland's statistics may be quite similar.

I certainly won't hold my breath for you to answer, but as the statistics from the UK all give clear indication that Muslim men have a propensity for abusing women, (12% of all convictions for sexual assault of any nature are Muslim men in fact), do you believe foreign nationals entering Ireland who have identical cultural and religious backgrounds as those abusers in the UK, are more likely to abuse women than their European, East-Asian or South American counterparts?

• Advertisement

In Ireland? Absolutely.

You of course have provable statistics to verify this? Please feel free to share them with the rest of us.

Perhaps he's a bigot... or maybe, and this might be a stretch, but as 75% of all gang rapes and grooming gangs in the UK hail from a pool of just 3% of the overall population, ie, Muslim men, the poster has surmised that Ireland's statistics may be quite similar.

Well, that's what I'm trying to ascertain. The difference for me between the intelligent person and a bigot is that the intelligent man does research before forming an opinion, the bigot just forms the opinion straight away.

Of course he could be right - but he could be right and a bigot at the same time. As I said, that's what I'm trying to ascertain.
    I certainly won't hold my breath for you to answer, but as the statistics from the UK all give clear indication that Muslim men have a propensity for abusing women, (12% of all convictions for sexual assault of any nature are Muslim men in fact), do you believe foreign nationals entering Ireland who have identical cultural and religious backgrounds as those abusers in the UK, are more likely to abuse women than their European, East-Asian or South American counterparts?

Oh ye of little faith! :)

Can you link to the source for that stat? I'm not claiming it's made up or anything, I'd just like to see where it's coming from and how it was formed.

Also, I'm not sure I follow the question: those are very specific and yet at the same time, vague geographic locations: a person can be from a Muslim background and still be European.

Except... this is bull****, isn't it?

Except it's not, and let's be clear here, I'm not talking about hearsay or gossip or which cases are written about in the Red Tops and which ones that aren't, I'm referencing conviction rates, provable statistics that only a buffoon would argue against, and they are as follows;

Muslim men account for only 3% of the entire mainland UK population, and yet Muslim men are responsible for 12% of all convictions relating to sexual abuse of any type, and 75% of convictions for grooming and abuse relating to more than one attacker.

So no Princess Consulela, it's not bull****, these statistics are damning, and very, very real.

Except it's not, and let's be clear here, I'm not talking about hearsay or gossip or which cases are written about in the Red Tops and which ones that aren't, I'm referencing conviction rates, provable statistics that only a buffoon would argue against, and they are as follows;

Muslim men account for only 3% of the entire mainland UK population, and yet Muslim men are responsible for 12% of all convictions relating to sexual abuse of any type, and 75% of convictions for grooming and abuse relating to more than one attacker.

So no Princess Consulela, it's not bull****, these statistics are damning, and very, very real.

You misunderstand - when I said it's bull****, I was referring to his knowledge on the subject. He openly stated he didn't know and then said he had common knowledge - one of those statements has to be bull****: either he has done research and he knows, or he has not and does not.

Again - I'm not saying he;s wrong and I'm not saying you're wrong - you at least appear to have done some research. He hasn't.

You misunderstand - when I said it's bull****, I was referring to his knowledge on the subject. He openly stated he didn't know and then said he had common knowledge - one of those statements has to be bull****: either he has done research and he knows, or he has not and does not.

Again - I'm not saying he;s wrong and I'm not saying you're wrong - you at least appear to have done some research. He hasn't.
    Sorry i didnt have exaxt stats you are right but yes i had heard about the 12% rate in the uk from a 3% muslim population. You dont have to have stats to know that irish people like a drink or we have high cases of skin cancer its common knowledge as i would say. I could be right and not a bigot im sure you would agree.

Sorry i didnt have exaxt stats you are right but yes i had heard about the 12% rate in the uk from a 3% muslim population. You dont have to have stats to know that irish people like a drink or we have high cases of skin cancer its common knowledge as i would say. I could be right and not a bigot im sure you would agree.

Yes, yes you do. Until you have numbers to support your statement, it's just something you heard. Growing up in Eastern Europe, I was always told that I should avoid all black people. Then later this changed to avoiding all Muslims because it's common knowledge that they will rape me/cut my head off. Where I come from, this is "common knowledge". Except it's wrong. National ignorant bias don't make the statement true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

italodisco wrote: »
    Willing to bet a substantial figure that the 3 lads were Brazilian.

Dublin is certainly overrun with them at the Mo, absolutely no benefit to our economy, they come in as students with letters from English language schools they'll never actually attend and end up cycling rickshaws.

Oh, and there's been a few of them done for rape here already...

Anyone care to make a wager
    Those fuggin' black African Arab Pakistani muslims from Brazil are always at it!

Common Knowledge is a phrase i personally use dont take it so literally, i say it when i know general stats of the issue, didn't post exact stats as i had not got them on hand. Simple as that this is a pointless argument now.

This sounds like something a dodgy politician would say when cornered by a tribunal enquiry. "Oh, I DID have it all along... I just forgot...." :rolleyes:

You didn't know, you never had the stats until Snake posted them and even then you haven't done any research to see if Snake is making it up or not, and you're STILL not interested in actually doing anything to actually find out. You're baised, your opinoin is formed on nothing more than intolerance and ignorance and that is pretty much the very definition of bigotry.

Case closed.

Look, snake has put you in your place with his facts and now you are turning the whole argument onto me because you cannot argue with what snake posted, if you think im going to take the time to go and post stats from the uk media no thanks. Btw what do you think of the stats that snake posted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Are you comparing a genetic predisposition to skin cancer to rape? Are you actually saying it's genetic?

Grayson wrote: »

Are you comparing a genetic predisposition to skin cancer to rape? Are you actually saying it's genetic?
    OMG you are mental if you thought that.

Yes, yes you do. Until you have numbers to support your statement, it's just something you heard. Growing up in Eastern Europe, I was always told that I should avoid all black people. Then later this changed to avoiding all Muslims because it's common knowledge that they will rape me/cut my head off. Where I come from, this is "common knowledge". Except it's wrong. National ignorant bias don't make the statement true.

Anyone using the phrase common knowledge has already lost the argument. They're trying to establish something as an a priori fact without any actual facts.

Common Knowledge is a phrase i personally use dont take it so literally, i say it when i know general stats of the issue, didn't post exact stats as i had not got them on hand. Simple as that this is a pointless argument now.

Ah, I see. So what are the general stats of the Irish people drinking then? Just wondering if there's any truth to that rumour.

How? you brought skin cancer into it.

Grayson wrote: »

How? you brought skin cancer into it.
    As part of my common knowledge, everybody has different common knowledge you know. I havethat particular knowledge from my college education.

Jesus, you dont need to have exact stats to be correct or to form an opinion that happens to be correct, how do some of ye go about the day interacting with people if you cant have an opinion unless you check google first.

As part of my common knowledge, everybody has different common knowledge you know. I havethat particular knowledge from my college education.

.....you do know that common knowledge has the word 'common' in it, right? As in... it's common?

.....you do know that common knowledge has the word 'common' in it, right? As in... it's common?
    Don't take everybody's words literally. You are basically saying everybody has to have the same common knowledge, sorry no they dont.

• Advertisement

Jesus, you dont need to have exact stats to be correct or to form an opinion that happens to be correct, how do some of ye go about the day interacting with people if you cant have an opinion unless you check google first.

Here we go! So it's your opinion. Not a common knowledge. You don't need to have the stats to form an opinion, you're correct there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement