Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang Rape in Kildare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

So are we just going to pick apart iebamms comments or are any of you going to address Snakes comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

You dont need to have EXACT stats to be correct on a particular subject matter either thats all im saying, you seem like one of those people who takes everything literal.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

Rory28 wrote: »
    So are we just going to pick apart iebamms comments or are any of you going to address Snakes comment?

What is there to address? We were asking for stats, he provided stats. There's nothing to argue about.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    You dont need to have EXACT stats to be correct on a particular subject matter either thats all im saying, you seem like one of those people who takes everything literal.

This is my last response to you, because talking to you is worse than talking to a brick wall. You're throwing around expressions that mean different things, saying that that's what you meant. I recommend reading more books, it's supposed to help with extending your vocabulary. This should eliminate having these issues in the future - you will be able to express yourself more accurately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

What is there to address? We were asking for stats, he provided stats. There's nothing to argue about.

He just cleared up what iebamm said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,154 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

You kind of do.

You make a statement, it may be true it may be false, but we won't know unless it'd backed up with some kind of stat or reference.

As for saying it's common knowledge, I'm sure people could bring up thousands of examples where what was common knowledge was incorrect.

This is my last response to you, because talking to you is worse than talking to a brick wall. You're throwing around expressions that mean different things, saying that that's what you meant. I recommend reading more books, it's supposed to help with extending your vocabulary. This should eliminate having these issues in the future - you will be able to express yourself more accurately.
    I wont go into this any further either just dont take things so literal, all people have different ways of saying things you could have asked me to clarify rather than jumping to conclusions like some posters calling me a bigot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Perhaps he's a bigot... or maybe, and this might be a stretch, but as 75% of all gang rapes and grooming gangs in the UK hail from a pool of just 3% of the overall population,

This is completely false. 75% of gang rapes are not committed from among 3% of the population and there is no legitimate source that claims that. What the stats do say is that Asian males are more likely to be involved in a particular kind of crime, that crime being grooming, yet their overall representation on the sex offenders register is proportional to the number in the country. Also, Asians make up 8%, not 3%.

https://fullfact.org/crime/what-do-we-know-about-ethnicity-people-involved-sexual-offences-against-children/

You of course have provable statistics to verify this? Please feel free to share them with the rest of us.

I've already said what my claim is based on. You can take it or leave it. You won't find official stats either way so you can happily believe whatever racist nonsense you've made up about Ireland.

I wont go into this any further either just dont take things so literal, all people have different ways of saying things you could have asked me to clarify rather than jumping to conclusions like some posters calling me a bigot.

Sorry I couldn't resist. I promise that this is the last one :D

alanis-morissette-ironic-updated-lyrics.jpg

Grayson wrote: »

You kind of do.

You make a statement, it may be true it may be false, but we won't know unless it'd backed up with some kind of stat or reference.

As for saying it's common knowledge, I'm sure people could bring up thousands of examples where what was common knowledge was incorrect.
    How do you have a conversation with people in real life about certain things, do you say sorry cant comment i have no stats available to me right now. Get Real and in this particular case snake provided the stats to back up my  common knowledge.

• Advertisement

Perhaps he's a bigot... or maybe, and this might be a stretch, but as 75% of all gang rapes and grooming gangs in the UK hail from a pool of just 3% of the overall population,

This is completely false. 75% of gang rapes are not committed from among 3% of the population and there is no legitimate source that claims that. What the stats do say is that Asian males are more likely to be involved in a particular kind of crime, that crime being grooming, yet their overall representation on the sex offenders register is proportional to the number in the country. Also, Asians make up 8%, not 3%.

https://fullfact.org/crime/what-do-we-know-about-ethnicity-people-involved-sexual-offences-against-children/

You of course have provable statistics to verify this? Please feel free to share them with the rest of us.

I've already said what my claim is based on. You can take it or leave it. You won't find official stats either way so you can happily believe whatever racist nonsense you've made up about Ireland.
    Man im not trying to argue but you have essentially done the same as me posted without any stats to back up your claim only your experience or  common knowledge as i like to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,111 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Look, snake has put you in your place with his facts and now you are turning the whole argument onto me because you cannot argue with what snake posted, if you think im going to take the time to go and post stats from the uk media no thanks. Btw what do you think of the stats that snake posted?

Snake has done nothing of the sort. We haven't even had a discussion yet. Presently, I'm waiting for him to post a link to his stats before any discussion can even start.

I'd rely on that rather than common knowledge. Which isn't even common, apparently.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Common knowledge to people who dont feel the need to act PC all the time. If snake does post the link. What is to discuss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Common knowledge to people who dont feel the need to act PC all the time.

it's okay to say racists, we kinda figured it out all on our own

wexie wrote: »
    Common knowledge to people who dont feel the need to act PC all the time.

it's okay to say racists, we kinda figured it out all on our own
    Feel free to your opinion man.

Man im not trying to argue but you have essentially done the same as me posted without any stats to back up your claim only your experience or common knowledge as i like to say.

No, I was pretty open about where my information came from. And I fully accept there aren't stats either way. But I won't be sitting quiet while people make up claims based solely on two incidents that happen to involve foreign nationals.

Yet people on here want me to post stats. I wasnt for a second claiming that the majority of african or muslims are involved in this type of crime, i want that to be clear.

Read again i said nothing about majority in that first post. I see princess you deleted that post just after i replied. No i didnt imagine myself to be wrong as you put it.

Read again i said nothing about majority in that first post. I see princess you deleted that post just after i replied. No i didnt imagine myself to be wrong as you put it.

.... which would be why I deleted the post. Be unfair to leave it up.

But I never said you did: I just asked you what it was based on and, as I said before, from your answers I can see that it's based on nothing substantial, which led me to my accusation of bigotry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,129 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

bubblypop wrote: »
    What does the nationality of offenders have to do with anything?
    A rapist is a rapist.

Ehh I wouldn't say nationality, but race can be a very important characteristic.

Ever notice how US police give racial description of perpetrators ?
    It helps them catch people and warn others as to who to avoid.

It is like giving height, build and any other distinguishable characteristics.

Except we all know in the likes of Sweden it appears information on a person's race is now not allowed to be given out which is a complete fooking joke.

If some people have their way they will just about give the sex, of course it would usually be male in these type of cases, but other characteristics should be released in order to alert the community to possible danger.

And that includes if the assailant was pasty white with a big mop of red hair. :rolleyes:

It is like how Gardai alert the community to be on the look out for certain vehicles in their area.

How much fooking use would be if they just said "be on the lookout for a van". :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

.... which would be why I deleted the post. Be unfair to leave it up.

But I never said you did: I just asked you what it was based on and, as I said before, from your answers I can see that it's based on nothing substantial, which led me to my accusation of bigotry.
    Ok i admit i may have expressed myself incorrectly, people that know me personally would have understood what i meant.

Ok i admit i may have expressed myself incorrectly, people that know me personally would have understood what i meant.

Welcome to the internet :)

Seriosuly, though - not everyone knows you, so people will ask for clarification every now and again. It's not confrontational or anything, but in order to understand someones viewpoint, I need to understand where they're coming from and what influences they have.

It would be stupid to believe an opinion with nothing to back it up and even more stupid to suggest ideas or policies based on on something that then appears to be wrong.

jmayo wrote: »
    Ehh I wouldn't say nationality, but race can be a very important characteristic.

Except we all know in the likes of Sweden it appears information on a person's race is now not allowed to be given out which is a complete fooking joke.

If some people have their way they will just about give the sex, of course it would usually be male in these type of cases, but other characteristics should be released in order to alert the community to possible danger.

And that includes if the assailant was pasty white with a big mop of red hair. :rolleyes:

It is like how Gardai alert the community to be on the look out for certain vehicles in their area.

How much fooking use would be if they just said "be on the lookout for a van". :rolleyes:

Race is important in the specific circumstance of police actively looking for a particular person but after that it is not not relevant.

jmayo wrote: »

If Gardai are giving an alert or looking for information, I am sure they will give a description.
    Other than that, it has no relevance.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TheManTheMyth

Why are we importing rapists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Don't take everybody's words literally.

"Just because I said it and was serious about it, doesn't mean I meant it."

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Why are we importing rapists?

We'll have exported a few in our time I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

Homer wrote: »
    They have a bit of a reputation for it on mainland europe so yes its relavant.

Yes their reputation precedes them,all too fcuking p.c. ATM here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭Jeff2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭Odhinn

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement