Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang Rape in Kildare

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Never miss an opportunity to shoehorn Louise O'Neill and Una Mulally into a thread. Never!!!

I know, right? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

MFPM wrote: »
    Have they tweeted about incidents such as this previously?

So long as the perps are white western men - all the ****ing time.

just look at the ulster rape trial ..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Yes i'm not arguing with that, but a much higher % are black foreign nationals,
    no woman i know will get into a taxi with a black driver by herself,
    Un pc to say, but it's the reality

It's not Un PC. Ther word you're looking for is racist. And it's clear cut. I won't get into a cab if there's a black man driving. That's racism.
    This whataboutery is fine but there is an important difference. And while it may be perception, in this case it was real. That man was identified and caught. The added fear with foreigners is that you don't know who they are or even if you think you do, they may not be who they say they are. Or that they can just move on with less consequences than for a person who has to leave their life behind. That's a perception and it may be unfair to apply to all people but that does not mean it is not normal or unreasonable.

You're saying women know every Irish man? Or that Irishmen can't lie?

btw, have you ever heard of a european arrest warrant? They are issued across europe. the foreign police will then arrest and deport someone. So if someone told you that there's nothing that can be done when a polish person committed a serious crime and then went back to Poland, they're lying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Arrest_Warrant

One example, which was getting massive publicity because of the people involved, is all the time now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

bubblypop wrote: »
    so, no proof for your statement then?

Whilst I cannot verify this posters claim of foreign nationals being responsible for a higher percentage of sexual assaults than Irish born, one only has to look to our closest neighbors (and their readily available statistics) to discover that though Muslim men constitute only 3% of the entire UK population, over 12% of convicted rapists are indeed Muslim.

More damning, are the statistics pertaining to gang rapes and grooming where again, from a pool of 3% of the population, Muslim men are responsible for over 75% of attacks...

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/what-do-we-know-about-the-ethnicity-of-sexual-abuse-gangs

These are the facts, they cannot be denied or defended, nor can they be swept beneath the rug any longer.

There are a great many regions on this planet of ours where the threat of rape is an absolute constant. Regions where women are seen as lesser in worth than their male counterparts, where women can be convicted, ostracized, and even executed for daring to speak out about her attackers.

So though rape has existed in Ireland since time immemorial, indeed, there is no shortage of white skinned, blue eyed rapists in Mountjoy, but though we cannot export these vermin from Ireland, conversely, we can however prevent the importation of men who, as proven in the UK, have a propensity for sexual violence toward women.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Grayson wrote: »
    It's not Un PC. Ther word you're looking for is racist. And it's clear cut. I won't get into a cab if there's a black man driving. That's racism

Ah the oul race card, it's actually common sense and choice by the way, just waiting for you to stick the gay card in, you usually do

dudara wrote: »
    Are there marauding rape gangs out and about in ireland?

No
    dudara wrote: »
    Are there marauding rape gangs out and about in ireland? The UK
    FYP

Yes

So, best we do not follow the path of nations such as the UK, Germany, Sweden, France and so forth that has proven to be both ill-judged and ludicrously naive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭MFPM

OK so they tweet on rape crimes but only rapes by white men that's your contention?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I had a friend who was in an accident year ago. Driver of the vehicle was a Polish man. Uninsured. In the country a few months.

I had a friend who was in an accident year ago. Driver of the vehicle was a Irish man. Uninsured. Out of jail a few months.

Your point is what??

It's got to be the US. Nelly, Tupac, Kodak Black 6ix9ine… oh, wait, I thought you said rappers.

It is somewhat amusing that of those 4 Rappers you referenced, all 4 were at one point arrested for Rape... I'm not insinuating anything by the by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,072 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I had a friend who was in an accident year ago. Driver of the vehicle was a Irish man. Uninsured. Out of jail a few months.

Your point is what??

So he got away scott free? This Irish fella. No repercussions?

Stop trying to twist my perfectly valid point in order to gain internet points and virtue signal for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Ah the oul race card, it's actually common sense and choice by the way, just waiting for you to stick the gay card in, you usually do

Jaysus, where does he stick it?:eek:

Come on now - you can't call a statement like I refuse to get in a taxi driven by a black man as anything other than racist!

I'm all for calling a spade a spade (see what I did there?) Snake for example has provided actual evidence regarding the racial profile of convicted rape gangs in the UK. Those are stats - you can't argue that shít, so that's fine by me, no racism there.

But your statement just has a smell of "I don't like black people" off it. That's racism, pure and simple.
    Unless of course you have some sort of evidence about the number of black taxi drivers assaulting women?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Whilst I cannot verify this posters claim of foreign nationals being responsible for a higher percentage of sexual assaults than Irish born, one only has to look to our closest neighbors (and their readily available statistics) to discover that though Muslim men constitute only 3% of the entire UK population, over 12% of convicted rapists are indeed Muslim.

Poster seemingly has a problem with black taxi drivers, at a guess I'd say Africans. I wonder has that got much to do with Muslims? The Muslim demographic people talk about in the UK is generally South Asians I believe. Wonder which is the real boogeyman!
    So though rape has existed in Ireland since time immemorial, indeed, there is no shortage of white skinned, blue eyed rapists in Mountjoy

Major shortage. Just a point for clarity for ya, there are zero convicted rapists in Mountjoy, not allowed house them there. Arbour Hill up the road is swimming with them though.

I won't get into a cab if there's a black man driving. That's racism.
    Ah the oul race card.
    Treating someone less favorably solely based on the colour of their skin is racism. It's literally the definition of it.
    it's actually common sense and choice by the way (not to get into a taxi driven by a black person)

And yet there's no shortage of African boys out doing a graft all week. Must be getting those customers fairly handy. Is it just Africans/Nigerians/Foreigners you take umbrage with? Would you get into a cab driven by an Irish fella who is black? Sure you wouldn't even get that far would you? You'd have have prejudged already before opening the door based off his skin colour, as per your own words. Poisonous outlook really. I hope if you have children they become free thinkers and take people as they find them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Actually, they all do…

Ah, wasn't paying too much attention and only spotted himself because I came across that parto ulnar story only a few weeks back (when googling just how the feck he even has a career, he's utterly brutal as a rapper).

You're saying women know every Irish man? Or that Irishmen can't lie?

Did you really get that from reading my post? That's quite a silly conclusion to come to

btw, have you ever heard of a european arrest warrant? They are issued across europe. the foreign police will then arrest and deport someone. So if someone told you that there's nothing that can be done when a polish person committed a serious crime and then went back to Poland, they're lying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Arrest_Warrant

Thanks for the link. You should read it yourself before positing a scenario that didn't happen and then disproving it in the same sentence

Focus on second paragraph that says that it can only be utilized for offences with a maximum term of 1 year or more

Then google the penalties for driving without insurance

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

bubblypop wrote: »
    What does the nationality of offenders have to do with anything?
    A rapist is a rapist.

A racist is a racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Ffs what sort of scum are we allowing into this country at all it doesn't take a genius to know the culture of particular countries dont view women in a favourable light. And before those who want to get on the their high horse about homegrown rapists I'm well aware of it the point is why import even more on top of that it doesnt make sense.

Did you really get that from reading my post? That's quite a silly conclusion to come to

Thanks for the link. You should read it yourself before positing a scenario that didn't happen and then disproving it in the same sentence

Focus on second paragraph that says that it can only be utilized for offences with a maximum term of 1 year or more

Then google the penalties for driving without insurance

Thanks

That's why I said Serious. You should read my posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭SnazzyPig

MFPM wrote: »
    OK so they tweet on rape crimes but only rapes by white men that's your contention?

What rape crime?

• Advertisement

That's why I said Serious. You should read my posts.

I did read it.

What was the point of your post?

My friend was knocked down. Uninsured driver. Who went back to Poland. Guards said there was nothing they could do. You then posited that someone told me that they could not arrest a person in Europe for a serious crime and then proceeded to send me a link confirming same. I never said anyone told me that.

I mean if someone told you that war criminals cannot be prosecuted then they are lying as there is an International Criminal Court in the Hague *inserts wikipedia link here*

What's the point of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Your point is what??

So he got away scott free? This Irish fella. No repercussions?

Stop trying to twist my perfectly valid point in order to gain internet points and virtue signal for yourself.
    Erm..... And breathe........I don't collect internet points as you call them.. And as for virtue signalling... Which thanks very much I have never come across before... My point is just as valid.. What's being polish got to do with it? Ive spent a lot of time in Poland and with polish people and most other nationalities and you are just as likely to commit a crime no matter where your from. Scumbags will always be scumbags whether they speak English, Irish, Arabic or polish...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Mutant z wrote: »
    Ffs what sort of scum are we allowing into this country at all it doesn't take a genius to know the culture of particular countries dont view women in a favourable light. And before those who want to get on the their high horse about homegrown rapists I'm well aware of it the point is why import even more on top of that it doesnt make sense.

Where were the attackers from? I'm just asking because judging by the bolded above you seem to know a lot about Them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,262 ✭✭✭Homer

Where were the attackers from? I'm just asking because judging by the bolded above you seem to know a lot about Them?

The independent quoted as saying that the 3 suspects are foreign nationals. Maybe he reads articles before commenting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Human Sausage

No details about what nationality they are but the usual rake of amateur detectives here are sure they know exactly where they're from. Try to keep it in your pants, lads, it's bad enough watching ye salivate all over this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Homer wrote: »
    The independent quoted as saying that the 3 suspects are foreign nationals. Maybe he reads articles before commenting?

So not irish.

That narrows it down to a couple of hundred countries so

I only asked because he stated
    it doesn't take a genius to know the culture of particular countries dont view women in a favourable light

So it seemed he had an inside track as to where they were from.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,045 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

https://www.joe.ie/news/young-woman-attacked-2-629657

3 men in Carlow too. Awful to hear this

Erm..... And breathe........I don't collect internet points as you call them.. And as for virtue signalling... Which thanks very much I have never come across before... My point is just as valid.. What's being polish got to do with it? Ive spent a lot of time in Poland and with polish people and most other nationalities and you are just as likely to commit a crime no matter where your from. Scumbags will always be scumbags whether they speak English, Irish, Arabic or polish...

I'm not talking about any particular people being scumbags.

I was merely explaining the very understandable and logical reasons why people can tend to be more wary of outsiders who are not as embedded into their community.

There are less repercussions for someone with no ties to a community. More anonymity too.

Same as plenty of Irish go to Australia and wreck the place. Or Irish J1s go to SF for the summer and destroy the house they are staying in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Wasn't there something in the papers about that case recently?

Or maybe someone brought it up in a discussion about a recent case

From what I read, I though it was an on-going thing where a gang of fellas were taking advantage of a younger girl over a period of time. They'd bring her to the woods and rape her etc. I think she knew them

And people pay money to cheer this cúnt on week in week out?

• Advertisement

Wasn't there something in the papers about that case recently?

Or maybe someone brought it up in a discussion about a recent case

From what I read, I though it was an on-going thing where a gang of fellas were taking advantage of a younger girl over a period of time. They'd bring her to the woods and rape her etc. I think she knew them

Irish Examiner reported on it.

A Bray Wanderers footballer was one of three young Kildare residents to have received suspended sentences for the sexual abuse of a teenage girl, a court has heard.

Judge Mary Ellen Ring in Dublin Circuit Criminal Court today apologised to the female victim, who was 14 years old at the time, for the four-year delay in getting the case completed.

She said she was considering this delay when sentencing Leixlip men Edgar Ojo (aged 20), Olajafar Adetoro (aged 21) and Bray Wanderers player Ismaheel Akinade (aged 20) to two years suspended for three years.

Judge Ring criticised the time issue, saying: “These matters should not take four years to get through the prosecution process. All parties should endeavour to deal with the case.”

Ojo, of Lough Na Mona Park, pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting the girl in the downstairs toilet of his home on March 25, 2010.

He also admitted attempting to defile the girl in his kitchen and defiling her in a forest clearing, also on March 25, 2010.

Adetoro, of Easton Close, admitted defiling the girl in Leixlip locations on 27 February, 2010 and again on March 25, 2010.

Akinade, of Rinawade Vale, pleaded guilty to sexual assault and attempted defilement at Ojo’s home on March 15, 2010.

He also pleaded guilty to attempted defilement on March 25, 2010 at the same premises.

None of the men have any previous convictions.

Judge Ring said: “It is not acceptable that the injured party has had it hanging over her for four long years.”

The judge acknowledged the case delay has added to the victim’s distress and also affected the three men’s lives.

She commented that three others accused of similar offences against the injured party had been dealt with before another circuit court

The judge further noted that the three men will carry a sexual offence conviction with them, which may “cause them not to get employment, or to lose employment.”

She said this was punishment in itself and was likely to come back against them in many years to come.

At the sentence hearing in July, the court heard the offences all took place with several people present.

The three men, who were 16-years-old at the time, on one occasion took turns to have sex with the girl in a forest clearing.

The young woman read her Victim Impact Statement in court, describing how friends called her “a slut and a whore”.

She said she was still on anti-depressants, has had suicidal ideation and is constantly discussed on social media.

She revealed her family relationships have broken down due to attitudes about pre-marital sex.

The woman said though she feels isolated and depressed, she didn’t want people to feel sorry for her.

Garda Paul Carney told Roisin Lacey BL, prosecuting, that one of the men had sex with the girl three times in a friends' sitting room while a number of others were present.

On March 25, the girl told gardaí that the three accused took it in turns to pin her to the ground and forcefully have sex with her.

Some days later the girl made a statement to gardaí and the men were arrested.

DNA from their semen was found on her clothing, and on two condoms found in the forest clearing.

Counsel for Ojo, Caroline Biggs SC, submitted to Judge Ring at the sentence hearing that her client had studied Sports Management at Ballyfermot College.

She said he trains three nights a week, doesn’t drink or smoke and is very remorseful.

Tara Burns SC, for Akinade, submitted that her client had been taking a business studies course in Tallaght IT and also does not drink or take drugs.

Counsel said Akinade contacted gardai wishing to apologise to the victim.

Bernard Condon, for Adetoro, said his client was hard working and had been an apprentice plumber.

Mr Condon asked the judge to take into consideration Adetoro’s apology to the victim and the fact he was also a child at the time of offending.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement