Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene III(b) - Into the Jungle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

"Probably confused that his 'I'm a god' routine didn't work. Lets have a look around" Therai enters the room on the lookout for anything unusual

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Aside from the magical materials needed to focus the crystals energies and the crystal itself, the room is quite bare.

"All this way for one gem, it had better be worth it" Therai sighs as he tries to grab the purple crystal.

The gem begins to come free and as it comes free, the containment field begins to flicker....

"RUN" Therai shouts over to Cornelius as he pulls the gem from its housing.

• Advertisement

Cornelius runs as fast as his legs can carry him.

As the gem comes free, the field shuts off and the blue being steps out with a thud.

Therai tries to run after Cornelius.

OOC: Charisma Check, pure ability no attached skill

OOC: Charisma check = 20

As Therai runs, the being lifts its hand in his direction.

Therai feels woozy for a moment, for a split second the whole concept of magic seems ridiculous. A magic elven underground tomb, what's keeping the water clean? Did he honestly think he had travelled with a dragonman?

He focuses his thoughts and snaps back to his senses. Catching up with Cornelius.

"Man, why are you wearing that daft outfit?"

• Advertisement

"What outfit?" Therai looks down at his clothes.

Evade wrote: »
    "What outfit?" Therai looks down at his clothes.
    "That ridiculous devil stuff your wearing...the horns? I mean come on."

Therai can hear the being advancing toward them.

"Uhhh... I've always had these. Anyway lets keep running" Therai says as he takes off.

"Uhhh... I've always had these. Anyway lets keep running" Therai says as he takes off.
    "And what are we running from exactly? A ghost?" Cornelius asks remaining in place with a skeptical look on his face. Therai advances far enough to make it to the exit in about ten seconds.

"I don't think so but it's big and angry. C'mon"

Cornelius just stays where he is, laughing at Therai the joker. Devils and tombs, what a loon!

Therai makes it back out the stairs behind the bookcase.

Therai checks for any sign of anyone following and if the green monk is still around.

Therai checks for any sign of anyone following and if the green monk is still around.
    Nobody seems to have followed.

The green monk seems to be gone.

"Alone again. At least I've got this" Therai pats the purple gem.

"One last building" Therai goes over to the mausoleum and has a look around.

He enters the mausoleum, the six ornate tombs within all have their lids smashed open as a bizarre being picks through the bones. He looks almost as if made of jelly, simple cylinders for arms and legs and no features on his face save a crude almost drawn looking mouth and big eyes. His surface is jet black.

• Advertisement

OOC: Any valuables visible in the tombs?

OOC: Any valuables visible in the tombs?
    The tomb has long been picked clean.

The being takes no note of Therai.

"I've got no issue with you" as he backs away slowly

Therai makes it out of the mausoleum, the large gem is now securely his.

Therai move back into the house and sits down. He rifles through his small library until he finds a blank leaf and tears it out. Then he pulls out his quill and ink and writes a note.

Dearest Rasmop of Krystas.
    I find myself in a bind.
    I have secured a great deal
    of valuables but am not
    confident of returning alive.
    I would greatly appreciate
    if you could manage to portal
    me back to the city. As
    payment see the book
    below this note. Yours, Therai.
    Therai pulls out the old spellbook from the spa and one of the mindswap potions. He places the book in front of him and the note on top of it then drinks the potion.

Therai appears within the magic complex, the other wizards simply smile knowingly at him.

"Ah, another customer of Rasmop's then? I wonder what...."

A golden sphere emerges within the complex and a Tiefling steps through, book in hand.

"My boy, you've just become my favourite customer. Fellow wizards, a complete copy of the Tome of the Green Horse."

The others stare in disbelief as he places it down.

"You mean?"

"Yes, Coldun, with the pages on the Spell of Lunar Conveyance still intact..."

The wizard's begin a technical discussion, shortly into the conversation Therai mind swaps back.

Therai excuses himself from the gaggle of wizards and makes his way back to Alfredo's in the next town.

Arriving Alfredo looks up.

"My boy, you're back...do not tell me you have....really?"

"I have been to the tomb, it's already been stripped bare. All I got there was this gem and these books" He pulls out the purple gem and the books of lineage "Any idea of their worth?"

• Advertisement

"Is that an intact Málëhro focusing crystal...the...the only one in existence?"

He tears up and rushes over hugging Therai.

"My boy we'll be rich...I mean you'll be rich...but I did give you the map" he smiles hopefully.

Advertisement