Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene III(b) - Into the Jungle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Evade

"Purple. Great." Therai looks around to see if half of Cornelius Coxton is here and then turns his back to the purple thing and taps his sternum "Any idea what that is?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The other half of Cornelius is not here in the chamber.

The worm unfurls from Therai's back.

"Oh, the credomagic....that ain't good...don't know what it is, but the builders, my creators, really didn't want him to get out."

"Well lets exercise the better part of valour then" Therai backtracks and looks for Cornelius Coxton to the north.

The North passage terminates in a massive blue crystal that has been gnawed on extensively, fragments of it lying all over the ground. However just before this, near the initial entrance to this passage, there is a ladder descending down to a lower level.

Therai descends the ladder carefully

• Advertisement

He enters a room with more of the fish columns and the annoying blue speaking crystals. However in the center of the room is a person in a robe, crushed to death, their head no more than pulp, however about their body is a hemisphere of golden light. Cornelius's other half seems to be crying next to them.

One side of the room ends in a ledge over a step drop.

The room seems to have no other exits.

Therai approaches, "Cornelius, I've found your other half heus're waiting above"

Evade wrote: »
    Therai approaches, "Cornelius, I've found your other half heus're waiting above"
    "Should have been me you know, she died saving me, we were the last two...look her shield still going after all this time. She really was holy, wish I hadn't mocked her faith so much.

I was too greedy, the treasure...we pushed our luck too far.

My other half...I remember now...yeah lets go"

He stands and walks over to Therai.

Therai guides him back to the other half.

He approaches slowly.

"You ain't going to like what I remember my trapped brother."

"Nor you what I remember...but the original Cornelius deserves to live again and I tire of this existence"

They begin to merge, blurring into one another. The trapped just has time to say "This will complete the teleport, see you outside..." and they vanish.

• Advertisement

"Just you and me again worm. How tough can this credomagic be..." Therai laughs nervously as he lets the sentence trail off. Therai goes back to the room with the beast.

The bars pulse as he enters the chamber, this time the humanoid raises its head and approaches the bars, though it does not speak. Therai gets the strong feeling it is looking at him.

"So... do you kill everything that comes in here?" Therai tries to sound confident.

"NO"

There is no actual sound, but the voice booms inside Therai's skull, causing severe pain.

"That would be my guardian. The most sensible thing for you to do would be to leave. Leave the treasure and certainly leave me, for it will surely kill you otherwise."

"No need to shout. What kind of creature is this guardian?"

"No need to shout. What kind of creature is this guardian?"
    "A large insect of some kind, a tremendously powerful, or at least more powerful than those who were here before"

"More ants, I know when I'm outmatched. If you'll excuse me I'm going to teleport out of here" Therai bluffs before drinking the potion of invisibility.

The being stands away from the bars.

"I'm glad, a sensible one at last. You will not have that one's flesh beast" the being says aloud, to no response.

Therai carefully enters the chamber looking for the giant ant.

No giant insect appears to be within the chamber, looking around there are only the crushed corpses and the mound of treasure.

• Advertisement

OOC: Any other exits?

OOC: Any other exits?
    Looking around Therai can only see a hole in the roof.

Therai looks around to see what seems the most valuable and stuffs as much of it into his pack as he can.

Therai looks around to see what seems the most valuable and stuffs as much of it into his pack as he can.
    There is a gold statue, in exquisite detail, of one of the ancient rulers of Zassan. However also in the pile in a very expensive and ancient looking spellbook. these stick out the most in terms of value at a glance.

Therai then hears a huge rumble shake the whole complex.

Therai grabs both and then looks around for the source of the rumbling.

He doesn't need to wait long as a massive millipede enters the room.

YUpe76.jpg

It screeches at the being in the energy cage.

"This one was too clever and left...leave" the being responds.

The millipede goes prone and scuttles slowly about the room.

OOC: Twist! It was actually a diplopod, not an insect!

"Ant with extra legs" Therai thinks to himself. Therai tries to sneak back towards the door he came in.

OOC: Does it look like it will fit through the door?

"Ant with extra legs" Therai thinks to himself. Therai tries to sneak back towards the door he came in.

OOC: Does it look like it will fit through the door?
    OOC: It could.

Strangely as Therai walks the creature initially instantly turns its head in his direction, before looking everywhere else in the chamber. As he leaves it continues looking everywhere, except at him. He makes it to the exit unharmed.

Therai heads back to the entrance room

• Advertisement

He makes it there with no issues. The millipede continues to move around, but doesn't move in his direction.

Advertisement