Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene III(b) - Into the Jungle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"He's dead, but he doesn't..."

Almost as he says it the Cleric replies with "I am not dead, I beg your pardon"

"...yeah, you see" Herraormr finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭Evade

OOC: Were there any name on the poems attached to the sticks?

Evade wrote: »
    OOC: Were there any name on the poems attached to the sticks?
    OOC: Yes, in total forty or so names

"I might be able to prove it. Come with me" Therai brings him to the sticks "Are you here?" He gesture to the names.

Evade wrote: »
    "I might be able to prove it. Come with me" Therai brings him to the sticks "Are you here?" He gesture to the names.
    "Oh no...in Colleron's name, I am dead?"

He stares ahead for a long time.

"No point in protecting the crypt then...here's the key"

He extends a purple key to Therai. But looks around confused.

"I'm not moving on, I thought...how does one go to the afterlife would you know by chance?"

• Advertisement

Therai takes the key "I.. I don't know. Maybe opening the crypt would do the trick. If not I know a cleric in the city a few days travel south, he might know." Therai motions for everyone to follow him as he makes his way back to the crypt and unlocks it.

The crypt door unlocks.

Within is a large pillared complex. Tens of tombs line the room in rows of eight, heavy stone lids lying over them with reliefs depicting the life of that member of court. All are in the upper echelons, the kings right hand men and women. The tomb of the king himself does not seem to be here.

About seven dead bodies lie in the chamber outside tombs. They are much older than the dwarf corpses above and human in stature. Four arte clad in clerical robes, the symbols match those in the book Therai got from Zassan, most likely clerics from Zassan or the deserts surrounding it.

A river runs between the fourth and fifth rows, with little sprites, only two inches high, jumping and playing in it. It traces back to the North where it descends from a waterfall. Stairs exist on both sides of the waterfall.

A large golden circle lies in the center of the room with an elven symbol on it.

To the South the river enters a large pool and then flows off South, East and West to further rooms.

Therai stands at the golden circle and turns to Cornelius and Ornthalus "Any idea what this says?" he taps the circle with his foot.

"It's very old elvish..." Ornthalus says confused "...dialectal old Elvish, it means 'resurrection'"

"Looks like whatever plan they had didn't work" Therai heads through the exit at the south and takes the southern path.

• Advertisement

The Southern Passage has a set of murals on one side and four statues on the other. The statues show the king genuflecting, begging, singing and smoking a pipe in turn. They portray him as near perfect in his physical appearance.

There is also a balcony over looking the entire passage on both sides, essentially giving the passage an upstairs. There don't seem to be any stairs leading up to it. However there are heavy stone doors in the middle of both balcony passages, each with a goatman depicted on them.

At the end of the passage is a yellow door, made from high quality wood. Ornthalus informs Therai that the Elven on the door indicates this is the entry to the main crypt.

"This is it, the door to a better life" Therai opens the door

The door opens to another large chamber, with a central pool of blue-green water. A giant mural covers the floor, a map of the continent of Corrilos as it was when under Málëhro rule. Several cities are indicated. Though an ancient Aerie is the most lavishly depicted, jewels used to make the colour of its roof.

To East there is a set of iron bars from which one can view the massive tomb of the king, seven times the height of a man.

To the South stands a massive Purple Door. The writing in Infernal reads "The Most Valuable", Ornthalus informs Therai that the surrounding Elvish on it says "Prized beyond all others".

"I have to be honest, I've been warned about the dangers of a purple door but also the wealth within. I'm opening it but you can turn back if you want, well, not you Herraormr"

Cornelius and Ornthalus look at one another.

"Yeah, the Elven symbology on that door screams stay away for me...sorry guys but I am off" Ornthalus says.

"Thanks for saving me though, here take this as payment"

He offers a healing potion to Therai.

"Thanks" Therai waves as he leaves. After a minute to allow Ornthalusa head start "Alright lets see what we've got" Therai tries to open the door.

The door moves easily, it is much lighter than its appearance suggests.

They step into quite a different building. One with walls of metal and surfaces displaying flashing lights and text in elven that keeps changing.

The corridor continues for about half a kilometer as far as Therai can guess. A large metal door lies at the other end.

"Why is it always multiple doors? My vault's just going to have one big door" Therai heads to the end of the corridor and tries to open the next door.

A face, made of a strange green light, appears in front of the door and speaks rapidly in Elvish, though clearly the same short set of sentences over and over again.

Cornelius shrugs.

"Sorry Therai, I don't know what it's saying"

"DO. YOU. SPEAK. COMMON?" Therai says in that ineffective loud and slow way people do when there's a language barrier.

• Advertisement

A green light comes out of the door and traces down Therai's face.

Infernal symbols then show up, reading in the broken infernal typical of Elves:

"You want go here purpose?"

"Treasure"

"Treasure? Not purpose known...all other members dead, proceed at own risk"

The door unlocks.

"I will be more than a little annoyed if I cam all this way for no treasure" Therai opens the door

Within the chamber, suspended within one of those purple energy fields is a massive version of the being Therai saw in the other Málëhro structure, at least five times the height of the last one.

The field itself is powered by a mouth wateringly expensive looking purple magic crystal at its base.

The room surrounding the field is made of a dull grey steel.

The being turns its head sharply at Therai, but says nothing.

"Ummm, yeah...he doesn't look easy to take out" Cornelius nervously says while swallowing.

Therai whispers to Cornelius "This might hurt" and then turns to the giant creature "And you are...?"

I HAVE NO NAME, THOUGH YOU MIGHT CALL ME A GOD

Cornelius struggles in his attempt not to faint, holding his hands to his head.

"Aaarrrrgghhh!! It's forcing out all other thoughts"

"God of being imprisoned?"

• Advertisement

The being is silent in response to Therai's remark.

"Is he angry or....what?" Cornelius wonders.

Advertisement