Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene III(b) - Into the Jungle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

Therai heads down the stairs wary of any purple doors

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Therai enters into a room with columns of fish swimming in mid air. Ten such columns are to be found in this blue walled room, with the fish swimming from ceiling to floor and back again.

In the center of the room is a bath of a white bubbling liquid.

Aside from the stairs, there are three exits, one to the South, East and West.

Therai says to his new friend "This sure is something" and goes over to take a closer look at the bubbling bath.

The fluid within the bath has a pleasant heat radiating off it and more strangely, a very soft quiet song emanating from its surface.

Therai beckons his companion over and says in a cheery manner "Hey... you. Come listen to this" and he leans in closer to try hear it more clearly.

• Advertisement

"Oh isn't it wonderful, the choir, I can hear them now. They used to sing like this all the time. The song of healing. Want to feel good? I'd jump in...maybe I will!" he says pirouetting and leaving Therai to dance about the room.

Therai jumps in and splashes around for a bit.

The bath glows a bright orange as if lit from underneath and the song becomes a high pitch screech. Suddenly both the light and the song halt. The liquid turning a dull grey.

OOC: Max HP increased by 10 temporarily.

Therai stretches when he gets out of the pool "Wow, I feel better than I have in... ever?"

OOC: Are any of the exits purple?

"Any of these lead anywhere good?" He gestures towards the exits

None of the exits are pruple. Looking around Therai sees the man has danced off, his voice echoing from the Southern Exit.

• Advertisement

Therai follow the man down the Southern path.

As Therai walks along the path South, he encounters a chasm cutting through the floor, a sheer drop to clear blue waters below, which are some how a refreshing looking blue, as though the sun was shining on them, despite being in doors.

Across the chasm he can see that the corridor turns West.

OOC: HOw wide is the chasm? And do I hear the dancing guy?

The dancing man's song seems to have faded quite a bit, but can be heard coming from the passage to the West.

The chasm is about 15 foot wide.

Therai will take a running jump across the chasm and at the apex of his jump attempt to cast fog cloud beneath him and use the Tempestuous Magic (10 feet of flying speed immediately before or after casting a slotted spell) effect to fly the rest of the way.

The fog erupts around Therai, obscuring the other side of the chasm, before a sudden explosive gust of wind parts the fog in front of him, flinging him toward the other side.

He lands gracefully just next to the point where the passage swings West. From where he stands, he can see that up ahead, further West, some sort of sauna lies behind glass on the Southern Wall of this passage. Past that the passage continues West to a chasm.

"Hmm... a sauna. I think I've had enough sweaty heat in the jungle" Therai heads for the chasm.

The chasm walls are thankfully not at a 90 degree angle, but a gentle enough to descend via a careful walk. From where he stands, Therai can make out a set of blue crystals rotating about each other above a mosaic of three elven gods, a man, a spider and a tree.

The rest of the room below is hard to see.

Therai descends down into the room below

The crystals float over to Therai and start speaking to him in Elvish, quite rapidly.

Within the room is a semi-transparent man, matching the appearance of the dancing man from earlier.

The rest of the room is filled with the fish columns from the upper floor. Fish passing up and down in thin air.

Two exits lead out, West and East.

• Advertisement

Therai tries to ignore the incomprehensible stones and goes over to the semi transparent man "Are you alright?"

"Hello? A Teifling, thank god, I tried to Teleport out of this terrible place, but half of me went missing. Or teleported out, or something. If you can find him, I'd be in your debt.

Oh and please be careful, something terrible lurks within this old sanctuary, killed my companions. Though that dancing idiot possesses my memory of the incident, so I can tell you little."

"I've already met him? you? hiu? but we got separated. What should I call hiu?"

"Mim? Name 's Cornelius Coxton, Elementalist extraordinaire. All four elements are mine to command, I'm somebody you want in your debt." he says with a broad smile and the intonation of a used potions salesman.

"Therai, neophyte of one and a half elements. Can hiu sense hiu or should I search around randomly?"

"Hiu's on this floor, I have a vague sense of Mim, thanks for possibly helping, Tiefling's are a great people all told."

"I'll be back when I find hiu" Therai heads for the east exit.

Therai walks out into a passage running North-South, lined with red jelly and blue crystals. About half the crystals look like they've been chewed on or eaten.

A slow deep rumbling sound comes from the Southern direction.

Therai heads south looking for the source of the rumbling.

• Advertisement

Therai enters a large chamber with several dead adventurers within it, armour smashed into the ground, weapons broken, their treasure horded into a pile at the back of the chamber. In several places the rock looks like it had been melted at some point.

At the center of the chamber, bands of purple magical energy imprison a large humanoid figure, ten foot or so, whose body seems to be a collection of small blue lights topped with a nearly spherical head.

Advertisement