Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene III(b) - Into the Jungle

Options
  • 23-05-2018 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭

Therai follows the map toward the tomb as best he can, the jungle is thick enough and hard to pass through without the odd irratating insect pit, snake bite or fall in quicksand, but he manages.

Some time in the afternoon he wanders into a clearing with strange spongy ground.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

Therai pulls out a dagger and prods at the ground to see if it's safe to step on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

A thick cloud of purple gas spews out of the ground at the point of puncture. After a few seconds, odd little spiders, green in colour, knit the wound closed.

Therai puts a foot on the spongy ground and carefully shifts his weight onto that foot to see if it will support him

OOC: How big is the area of spongy ground?

Evade wrote: »
    Therai puts a foot on the spongy ground and carefully shifts his weight onto that foot to see if it will support him

OOC: How big is the area of spongy ground?
    The ground begins to give way as Therai steps onto it.

The spongy areas extent is hard to estimate, as the distinction between it and the typical soil, a smoother appearance, is hard to see from a distance.

Therai will try to skirt around the edge of the sponginess

• Advertisement

OOC:
    Perception check

OOC: Perception check 11

Keeping an eye on it, the extent of the spongy ground is easy enough to spot, Therai easily makes it around the spongy patch, only to see a poor stegosaurus blunder in and fall, exposing a strange green glow beneath the spongy layer and a lot of the purple gas, before the hole is quickly sealed up again.

"That's not good but at least it isn't purple" Therai tries to get himself back on course to his destination.

Therai manages to make his way without incident through the jungle until the sunsets.

• Advertisement

Therai looks around for a nice, and more importantly safe, spot to unfurl his bedroll.

He finds a convenient enough spot, hidden underneath a large set of purple leaves.

OOC: Survival check for navigation and route.

Therai gulps down the last of today's rations and checks his pack "Riiiight. I was going to buy rations before leaving the town. 5 days left. I better keep an eye out for food"

OOC: Destination 24.18 Check = 20

Therai passes through the jungle for another day, around evening he spots a man or possibly elf of some kind dancing through hoops of water in a clearing up ahead.

"What do think Jasfres?" he says to seemingly nobody.

"Uhh... hello there" he shouts in as friendly a tone as possible while waving.

"Oh hello!" the man waves back.

"You visiting for pleasure or just passing through like Jasfres here?" he gestures at thin air.

"Fine building, they have me jumping through hoops to get in...hehehe, a little joke"

No building is present in the clearing.

"Just passing through. What kind of building is this?"

"The famous Málëhro baths. They can do wonderful things with water, bubbles of water floating in air, undulating currents to sooth muscle pain. I've waiting here for ages though.

I could take the side entrance, but that'd be illegal" he points to a stone archway that is only now visible. The archway is decayed, with vines growing upon it.

"Málëhro baths you say" Therai head over to the archway and examines it.

The archway is of fine craftsmanship and emitting a type of magic Therai doesn't quite recognise. The way it pulls at the web of magic is unlike any he has felt before.

• Advertisement

Therai taps his sternum a few times with his fist "Hey worm are you in there?"

The worm unfurls itself from his back.

"Hey Therai" he hears in his mind "What's up?"

"Can you open this door? I've heard only you can get into Málëhro structures"

"Yeah no problem, it's an old type of building that exists in its own demiplane, just turn around with your back to it and I'll unlock it"

Therai turns around and shouts over to the dancing man "Looks like I have a key"

"My word you have! One of the worms. You must have hobnobbed quite a bit with the Málëhro brass to get one of those!"

He runs up with a big grin on his face.

"Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you"

Once the door is open Therai gestures to the door "Shall we?"

"Of course!"

The man runs into the archway.

Therai follows him.

• Advertisement

Therai enters a very old elven building, with hieroglyphic writing on the walls. A strange blue mold covers the floor, glowing ever so slightly in the early evening.

A set of stairs further down the passageway lead down.

Advertisement