Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene III(b) - Into the Jungle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Evade

OOC: Is the door still here?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OOC: Yeah

Therai taps his sternum "Hey worm do your thing"

The worm unfurls and unlocks the gate.

"You're good to go there Therai"

Therai heads out through the gate and looks around for Cornelius.

• Advertisement

Cornelius is lying in the grassy clearing just outside the archway.

"So you made it out, pretty nasty piece of work that thing, did you actually beat it in combat?"

"I thought about it but then decided I didn't want to die. How are you after your ordeal?

OOC: What time of day is it?

Evade wrote: »
    "I thought about it but then decided I didn't want to die. How are you after your ordeal?

OOC: What time of day is it?
    Cornelius looks up at the evening sky.

"Coming on 7pm I'd say. I'm great, considering I've been bifurcated for eighty years. I can't thank you enough.

You do this on your own for a living?"

Fourier wrote: »
    Cornelius looks up at the evening sky.

"Coming on 7pm I'd say.

OOC: Cornelius knows about the real world.:eek:
    Fourier wrote: »
    I'm great, considering I've been bifurcated for eighty years. I can't thank you enough.

You do this on your own for a living?"

"I had to leave the last town I was in in a hurry so... yes, for now. I'm on my way to check out another Málëhro ruin if that kind of thing interests you"

OOC: Cornelius knows about the real world.:eek:
    OOC: :D In the last game a character said 'Jaysus' at one point. Fragile fourth wall!
    "I had to leave the last town I was in in a hurry so... yes, for now. I'm on my way to check out another Málëhro ruin if that kind of thing interests you"
    "Certainly...and I've nothing better to do"

• Advertisement

[QUOTE=Fourier;107180001"Certainly...and I've nothing better to do"[/QUOTE]
    "Since it's late in the day we'll set out tomorrow."

Therai makes camp in a nice part of these ruins. After that he offers Cornelius some food and makes smalltalk.

"Master of the four elements eh? Which four out of curiosity? The classic earth, fire, wind, water? Or are you one of those crazy alchemists that thinks things like metals are elements and there's at least 15 of them?

"Master of the four elements eh? Which four out of curiosity? The classic earth, fire, wind, water? Or are you one of those crazy alchemists that thinks things like metals are elements and there's at least 15 of them?
    Cornelius looks up in shock.

"Is that in vogue now, really? Oh no, classic four, the ones which have their own planes of existence powering them. Metal magic is just a relatively subtle combination of earth and fire manipulation."

He munches with great satisfaction on the food Therai has given him.

"I know, but they swear it's true."

After chatting for another while Therai suggests getting some sleep so they can set out early in the morning.

Therai wakes to the smell of a cooked breakfast.

"You partial to dinosaur meat?" Cornelius says, slowly roasting the meat in midair by levitating it over a conjured flame.

"I'll try anything food-wise." Therai stuffs his face until his cheeks bulge out like a squirrel's. Then he pulls out his map and points out where they're going (26.11) "Know anything about the area?"

"The ancient tomb? Only that it is a treasure hunters dream, you...are you thinking of going there? Has it been reclaimed, a normal palace or such now?"

"Still sealed. Until we get there at least" Therai continues to stuff his face. "How are you at navigating a jungle? If this was a city I'd be zipping through every alley and unlocked door but I just can't get the hang of this place it's all just trees and they all look the same"

"I'm quite good, lived here my whole five lives...I can take us forward as fast as one could hope and my cooking will keep you going longer."

OOC: Choose the route, you now advance three hexes every two days.

Therai's eyes light up at the thought of all that delicious food "Five lives? You don't look like a Tabaxi." Therai packs up his bedroll "Ready when you are."

OOC: Assuming we're still at 24.18 the planned route is 24.18 to 25.17 to 26.17 and then north up to 26.11.

The first day passes by without much issue. Cornelius knows the twists and turns of the jungle and can avoid most animals.

The second day is much the same.

On the third day, they see a small hut with blue candles burning inside the windows. The hut itself is built under a Tyrannosaurus herd nest.

"I sense powerful Earth magic from that hut Therai"

• Advertisement

"Lets go say hi" Therai heads towards the hut cautiously.

Edging closer it becomes apparent that behind the T-Rex nest is a village home to an enormous breed of Orc, about twice the size of the typical variety.

This hut appears to have a small moat dug around it, with hex symbols inscribed on the ground at various points.

Just then Therai sees a human and elf hung to the wall inside the hut. The human is dead, multiple stab wounds, the elf is shouting as two Orcs hold his head.

A third Orc turns and looks at Therai and Cornelius, says something quietly and the other two turn and look. They make no motion.

Ice knife at whichever orc wont have the splash damage hit the elf

Ice knife at whichever orc wont have the splash damage hit the elf
    OOC: Roll for the damage, consider the hit guaranteed as they don't expect it and aren't moving.

The air slowly crystallizes, a blue shimmer in the air.

"Nice" Cornelius whispers.

One of the Orcs narrows his eyes, the effect is too slow to see clearly.

Then the air freezes solid in one go, a rod of frozen air impales the orc furthest from the elf in the chest before shattering, the cold stinging the arms of the others, who open the hut's back door and flee toward the village.

Therai moves into the hut and tries to calm the Elf.

The elf is shocked at first at therai's appearance.

"A devil!! Oh no, a Tiefling, thank the stars...thank you!"

"They're coming back with help Therai" Cornelius says looking out the back window and quickly helping the elf down.

"We're heading on a jungle adventure it you want to tag along. I'm sure we're better company than Orcs." Therai flashes a cheesy smile.

"Don't care where you're going, don't have time to ask, I'm in" he legs it out of the hut.

• Advertisement

"C'mon Cornelius" Therai runs out of the hut after the elf

Advertisement