Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The horrific death of Ana Kriegel

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

MODERATORS!!!

this thread as decended into a bilefest.
    for the sake of all that is decent and respect for that poor childs' grieving family SHUT IT DOWN.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,508 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

not yet wrote: »
    100% No father could live any kind of life while his child's killer was still drawing breath.

And yet, it has never happened in Ireland that the parent of a child that was killed has gone on to kill the killer in revenge. This is real life, not the movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

According to tomorrow's papers, any individuals who have been questioned so far have denied all knowledge of Ana's murder and there's definitely no tearful confession.

Can't help thinking the poor girl came up against either mentally disturbed or evil individuals. It doesn't sound like some incident that spiralled horribly out of control and someone panicked......seems a lot more sinister.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭Augme

I have a fare idea

Anyway enough RIP to the girl

Let's be honest, you'd do nothing and most people reading here know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

And yet, it has never happened in Ireland that the parent of a child that was killed has gone on to kill the killer in revenge. This is real life, not the movies.

What's your point...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Strazdas wrote: »
    According to tomorrow's papers, any individuals who have been questioned so far have denied all knowledge of Ana's murder and there's definitely no tearful confession.

Can't help thinking the poor girl came up against either mentally disturbed or evil individuals. It doesn't sound like some incident that spiralled horribly out of control and someone panicked......seems a lot more sinister.

I think there was more then one person involved I doubt Ana would have gone with one individual to that remote location. DNA & evidence with Ana’s phone will find the culprits.

I think there was more then one person involved I doubt Ana would have gone with one individual to that remote location. DNA & evidence with Ana’s phone will find the culprits.

you obviously have little or no understanding of science. DNA on its own cannot FIND the killer(s).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

That poor child. I really hope that the perpetrators are caught and are put away for a very long time.

RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,508 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

not yet wrote: »
    What's your point...

My point is that your assertion that "No father could live any kind of life while his child's killer was still drawing breath" is wrong. They do manage.

It's probably a fairly sh1t kind of life, but that's because their kid has been killed, not because they failed to kill their kid's killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

you obviously have little or no understanding of science. DNA on its own cannot FIND the killer(s).

Seriously what’s your problem? Oh yeah you want the thread closed! I said DNA and other evidence like her phone.

• Advertisement

Seriously what’s your problem? I said DNA and other evidence like her phone.

there is no guarantee that they will lead to the killers capture.
    so many people on this thread are jumping to all sorts of daft conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭kaymin

there is no guarantee that they will lead to the killers capture.
    so many people on this thread are jumping to all sorts of daft conclusions.

In fairness, the DNA and mobile phone most likely will identify the culprits and will go a long way to help convict.

kaymin wrote: »
    In fairness, the DNA and mobile phone most likely will identify the culprits and will go a long way to help convict.

not necessarily.
    we have no DNA bank in this country. sadly.
    what if the killer used a clean SIM? or never contacted her by mobile?

not necessarily.

The gardai have recovered DNA, - they have chief suspects - all they have to do is put the two together. It's not like a golden gate killer situation.

I don't see it likely that the suspected killer, a 13 year-old, used a clean SIM card. It's been reported that Ana knows her killer and therefore will likely have been in touch with them by phone. Realistically why would the gardai give such information to the media if it wasn't obvious from the evidence gathered to date who was the likely killer - whether through eye witnesses or phone records.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

I live in the general area where this happened and there is almost an unreal feeling that a young girl, a child really could meet a brutal end like this. I can't imagine what her parents and family are suffering.

I also feel really sad that it might turn out to be someone/s among her peer group. It is just incomprehensible to me. Perhaps because I have boys a year older and younger than Ana, I don't think retribution if that is the case will be as satisfying as putting away a fully formed b*****d. When a child kills a child you just feel sad and confused. Judging from this thread, maybe that's just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Mrsmum wrote: »
    I live in the general area where this happened and there is almost an unreal feeling that a young girl, a child really could meet a brutal end like this. I can't imagine what her parents and family are suffering.

I also feel really sad that it might turn out to be someone/s among her peer group. It is just incomprehensible to me. Perhaps because I have boys a year older and younger than Ana, I don't think retribution if that is the case will be as satisfying as putting away a fully formed b*****d. When a child kills a child you just feel sad and confused. Judging from this thread, maybe that's just me.

How do you know a child killed her?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Happy4all wrote: »

I said "if it is the case".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

not necessarily.

Exactly. It might not be 'a 13 year old boy'. It wouldn't be the first time the Gardai were wrong. I hope they have the right suspect, but to be honest; to me it's more believable an adult doing this. Just because they have DNA, if they don't have the right suspect it doesn't mean ****.

Take the Delphi murders for example. Police have a recording, picture and probably video of the suspects voice taken by the two girls right before the murder, probably have DNA, and can't figure out who the hell he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Happy4all wrote: »

Detectives have effectively said this. Not publically, but certainly to the media.

And there are good reasons.

1. They know at this stage who did it - just need all the evidence to be collated

2. It stops hysteria both in the gutter media and by locals wondering if an unknown murderer is on the loose.

3. It gives the boy a chance to come clean - though that doesn't seem to have worked as he's saying he was attacked by 2 men after he left Ana. (gardai not exactly believing this)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

It's one of the saddest, most shocking things I've heard in a long time. Hard to comprehend. May she rest in peace.

I see recent reports suggest other people were in the area besides children? It is almost too difficult to believe a child/children known to her would go into such a dreadful frenzy.
    According to the boy's account, Ana left the area ahead of him, which was the last time he saw her.

He told gardai that as he went to leave the area, he was assaulted by two men and was injured. Gardai are following up the boy's account and are trying to track down the two men he says attacked him.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/boy-13-tells-gardai-he-was-attacked-close-to-derelict-farm-where-ana-was-later-murdered-36926308.html

• Advertisement

Exactly. It might not be 'a 13 year old boy'. It wouldn't be the first time the Gardai were wrong. I hope they have the right suspect, but to be honest; to me it's more believable an adult doing this. Just because they have DNA, if they don't have the right suspect it doesn't mean ****.

Take the Delphi murders for example. Police have a recording, picture and probably video of the suspects voice taken by the two girls right before the murder, probably have DNA, and can't figure out who the hell he is.

Of course anything is possible but you have to wonder about the boys claims that he was attacked by two adults close to where Ana's remains were found having also admitted he was with her in the barn. Why didn't he volunteer this information when she went missing first?...well, I think we know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,875 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Malayalam wrote: »
    It's one of the saddest, most shocking things I've heard in a long time. Hard to comprehend. May she rest in peace.

I see recent reports suggest other people were in the area besides children? It is almost too difficult to believe a child/children known to her would go into such a dreadful frenzy.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/boy-13-tells-gardai-he-was-attacked-close-to-derelict-farm-where-ana-was-later-murdered-36926308.html

Ceiling Fly’s post above addresses this.

The Gardai has been “following a definite line of Enquiry “since day 1.

It’s just a matter of stacking up the evidence to get the conviction.

They won’t find the 2 men.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,092 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

What strikes me as odd about that report is that surely that lad would have reported that attack to the Gardai when it happened . Had he done so they would have found Anas body much sooner . So is he only now reporting an attack on himself that happened on the Monday evening ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

The primary suspect said this.

Funny that no-one else seems to have seen these two mysterious men and the prime suspect didn't think to report that he was attacked until he was questioned yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

MODERATORS!!!

this thread as decended into a bilefest.
    for the sake of all that is decent and respect for that poor childs' grieving family SHUT IT DOWN.

Descended in a bilefest? It was a sh1t show right from the very start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

It’s interesting that some posts - like the exerable post above about the Garda superintendent are suggesting there is nothing but idle internet rumours here.

Outside of the people instinctively blaming foreigners most people are reporting what the press are saying, and they are saying what the police tell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

A horrific crime and especially against such a young girl. I hope whoever is responsible is caught and punished to the full extent of the law.

Let’s leave the speculation and jumping to conclusions about who did it out of it however and let the Gardai do their job. We don’t know what happened and pretending we do helps no one, Ana least of all.

As for the immigrant bashing don’t even go there- it’s completely irrelevant.

RIP Ana and condolences to her family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SimpleDimples

The poor girl and shocking to think that one of her peers is most likely responsible for her assult and murder.

The Gardai appear to be fairly certain of their chief suspect who is clearly not a very good liar. He also appears to have left a mountain of evidence at the scene so I don't think it's going to be much longer before they charge him.

I would wonder where his parents are in all this. Surely they have enough sense to see that if he was attacked my two men when a girl he knew went missing he would have let people know before he was brought in for questioning. He obviously has signs of defensive wounds - the poor girl must have fought for her lift.

What a horrible little rapist and murdering bastard. Hopefully he can be tried as a adult.

Rip Ana

The poor girl and shocking to think that one of her peers is most likely responsible for her assult and murder.

The Gardai appear to be fairly certain of their chief suspect who is clearly not a very good liar. He also appears to have left a mountain of evidence at the scene so I don't think it's going to be much longer before they charge him.

I would wonder where his parents are in all this. Surely they have enough sense to see that if he was attacked my two men when a girl he knew went missing he would have let people know before he was brought in for questioning. He obviously has signs of defensive wounds - the poor girl must have fought for her lift.

What a horrible little rapist and murdering bastard. Hopefully he can be tried as a adult.

Rip Ana

you sound certain it's a he, he acted alone and is under 18?? wow..that is terrifying if reports of the scene are anything to go by. christ that's grim.
    If people are prone to spray painting the house of known paedo's (totally disregarding the innocent family of the perpetrator ) I wonder how his will fair out???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SimpleDimples

rusty cole wrote: »
    you sound certain it's a he, he acted alone and is under 18?? wow..that is terrifying if reports of the scene are anything to go by. christ that's grim.
    If people are prone to spray painting the house of known paedo's (totally disregarding the innocent family of the perpetrator ) I wonder how his will fair out???

Sorry I should clarify, at least one underage male involved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement