Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The horrific death of Ana Kriegel

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

two 13 year old boys ..... jesus h christ, what is happening to society ??

society has been heading this way for years, its only now maybe people will start to act and take note.

theres a very sinister culture developing in certain parts of Dublin that cannot be anything but a huge risk to public safety over the next few years, if its not controlled.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Wombatman wrote: »
    Snaps are automatically deleted from servers after it is detected that a Snap has been opened by all recipients or has expired.

Snaps remain on their servers until all recipients have opened them. If one recipient doesn’t open the Snap for a week, the Snap will stay on their servers for that week. If a Snap isn’t opened for 30 days, it expires and is deleted.

Sorry meant what's app. Most teens are on it. Surely there will be some record on their phones of some conversations about it

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Textronic wrote: »
    Nothing to do with it

If they get released without charge the investigation is done for,more than likely

Usually a file is compiled and submitted to the DPP for directions in cases like this or am I wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Textronic

whelan2 wrote: »
    Sorry meant what's app. Most teens are on it. Surely there will be some record on their phones of some conversations about it

Thought they were mostly on Snapchat ,Instagram and whatever else

Not sure about WhatsApp ime

society has been heading this way for years, its only now maybe people will start to act and take note.

theres a very sinister culture developing in certain parts of Dublin that cannot be anything but a huge risk to public safety over the next few years, if its not controlled.

It's not just Dublin or even big cities.
    Most towns have the same problem. Feral teens running around in groups threatening people. Bullying in schools particularly of people who they see as "different" is a big problem too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Cases like this prove that we have some serious problems in this country. And I'm not talking problems with males I'm talking problems with scum. This is where years of scum getting away with everything is leading us. The perpetrators in this case are little more than animals who should be locked up for the rest of their natural lives.
    I don't buy any of this "sure their only children they don't know any better" nonsense either.
    How do kids get to a place where they think this type of carry on is ok? Where they not taught any morality at all? No of course not, kids bring them selves up now obviously. When will people cop on?

Would have to disagree, cases like this thankfully are extremely rare - last similar one I recall is were that man killed a kid, though I think he was mentally challenged. It would have nothing to do with precedence of "scum" getting away with it, I wouldn't be surprised if the perps here are deemed mentally challenged too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I wonder if those parents could ever feel love for their boys again, after listening to the police questioning and hearing every detail of what theyre capable of

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Lots of kids these days see No Consequences for they're actions,
    Do you not drive? Do you not see how many people think " Ah its only a small thing " when they run traffic lights at pedestrian crossings Especially near schools?
    This is just 1 example of how Ireland is today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Ush1 wrote: »
    Fair enough but I wasn't really talking about forgiveness, just that I don't think you can treat a 13 year old the same as an adult who has committed a crime.

Why not?

Do you think that a 13 year old might be in some doubt as to the rights and wrongs of raping and murdering another kid?

Do you think that a 13 year old who would rape and murder another kid might turn out to be a perfectly fine adult?

I personally believe that the answer to the 2 questions above is a very firm no.

Fair enough but I wasn't really talking about forgiveness, just that I don't think you can treat a 13 year old the same as an adult who has committed a crime.

Is that not a major part of the problem? They got away with too much already and saw no consequences for a lot of the things they did and then progressed on to bigger things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Why not?

Do you think that a 13 year old might be in some doubt as to the rights and wrongs of raping and murdering another kid?

Do you think that a 13 year old who would rape and murder another kid might turn out to be a perfectly fine adult?

I personally believe that the answer to the 2 questions above is a very firm no.

No to the first and I don't know to second, but I presume it would be hard to have a normal life. They most likely aren't if they spend the rest of their lives in prison.

My point would be that they don't fully grasp the consequences of their actions. I believe there has been a lot of research in this area which indicated the parts of the brain responsible for empathy are not fully formed at that age. This has been put forward in defence for cases in the US of crimes committed by children.

Where would you draw the line? A very young child knows it's wrong to hit someone. The issue of regulation of emotion which is generally far worse in younger people.

The other thing is that while this case is extreme, bullying in adolescences is extremely common. It is very linked to social hierarchy and I think more research needs to be done in this area rather than just saying these kids were "evil", but still acknowledge and punish them for what was a horrendous crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Is that not a major part of the problem? They got away with too much already and saw no consequences for a lot of the things they did and then progressed on to bigger things.

I don't know if that's the case, you could be right. I'm not saying people should forgive them by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

wakka12 wrote: »
    I wonder if those parents could ever feel love for their boys again, after listening to the police questioning and hearing every detail of what theyre capable of

I somehow doubt there are 2 sets of well adjusted paents utterly shocked by all this.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭DublinHun72

silverharp wrote: »
    wakka12 wrote: »

I somehow doubt there are 2 sets of well adjusted paents utterly shocked by all this.
    Why do you think this? Literally just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The other thing is that while this case is extreme, bullying in adolescences is extremely common. It is very linked to social hierarchy and I think more research needs to be done in this area rather than just saying these kids were "evil", but still acknowledge and punish them for what was a horrendous crime.

Bullying may be common, but beating with rocks and sticks?
    I have seen sexual assault mentioned in this thread, but nowhere else, was there any evidence of that, apart from being found naked?

Do you/anyone think that the social hierarchy will also be held accountable in some way by the Gardaí?

I don't know or can't see legally how, but I hope they are. I have seen a very small bit of bullying in my life, and I could see who was orchestrating it. It was one single girl who had two girls who idolised her, and so on.
    The head bitch's family moved away when she was 14/15 and the other two weren't as dangerous.
    Everyone involved in this should be held accountable in some form or other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Textronic

Should be but it wouldn't be the first time everyone involved walked away from a.murder.rap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0525/965918-anastasia-kriegel/

Two 13 year olds arrested.
    Gardai say they only disclosed the arrests this morning because of the sensitivity of the investigation and their concern about anger over the murder in some sections of the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Why do you think this? Literally just curious.

just a hunch, lets just say I would be interested in their back story

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

I wouldn't be so sure, and I'm not sure it even makes any difference - if ALL they wanted to do was rape and batter her, does that make them any better? These kids are scum - the how's and why's of that I don't know, but the fact that they are scum is entirely self evident.

What if he is?

Some crimes are so heinous that they are just unforgiveable. There's rehabilitation but there is also punishment.

I agree with you squarepants and hope to god some soft touches call in sick for jury duty should this ever see a court date. They'll start coming up with shyte like ADHD, history of social dysfunction, lower than average IQ, easily influenced and my personal favourite, "victims themselves"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

This thread shows another issue

People getting hysterical and sensationalist thinking the world is going to end.

There have always been dangers out there and it is extremely rare for something like what happened to ana to happen.

We can't wrap kids up in cotton wool. They need to learn to work things out. Bullying is not new, fighting is not new, breaking red lights is not new.

If you look at actual statistics, its safer these days for children.

What is new is 24/7 sensationalism in the media and hysteria in social media.

So take a step back and understand that whilst the two murders in the past couple of weeks were horrendous, its not a new "trend" and in comparison to many countries, people are quite safe here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-People have been arrested so locking this while I check with the higher ups regarding it. Very sensitive case with minors involved so don't want to take a chance.

Mod-The higher ups have spoken. This will remain locked for the time being.

Just updating this.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/breaking-13-year-old-boy-charged-with-the-murder-of-anastasia-kriegel-845046.html

Breaking: 13-year-old boy charged with the murder of Anastasia Kriegel.
    4.15pm: A teenager has been charged in connection with the murder of schoolgirl Anastasia Kriegel.

This thread will remain closed till the conclusion of any trial and possible appeals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement