Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The horrific death of Ana Kriegel

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Strazdas wrote: »
    It's a bit shocking that the main suspect(s) in this case is denying all knowledge of the murder.

No tearful confession would suggest that this wasn't some unfortunate incident between peers that spiralled horribly out of control, but that the individual or individuals who carried out the murder are sinister and dangerous and don't feel any remorse.

If they are as young as is being suggested in this thread, they're possibly too young to really understand what has actually happened. Possibly in shock themselves over what happened. PTSD.
    A lot of people in this thread automatically assuming the killer/s(if children) are psychopaths. Does a 13/14 year old really have the understanding of murder and death etc that young? I'm not sure they do. I know I wouldn't have
    My cousin took her own life when I was 13 and it was the first time I'd ever encountered anything like that and trying to make sense of it. Never mind the act of actually killing someone else and the consequences attached to it. i know things change a lot in the last 20 years but I can't imagine I'd have been aware of the consequences of actions like that at 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Does a 13/14 year old really have the understanding of murder and death etc that young? I'm not sure they do. I know I wouldn't have

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

JaMarcus wrote: »
    I don't know, I think it's possible to feel remorseful but also want to try and dodge any repercussions at the same time. Someone of that age is probably more naive in thinking they can get away with it too. They might not be aware of the technology they're up against.

I think it's pretty telling that the Gardaí have released so much information on who they believe the suspect is, so soon after the horrible discovery. I mean, it was pretty much straight off the bat that they were a suspect rather than just a person of interest.

On the other hand, denying all knowledge even a few days after the murder has come to light would be consistent with the perpetrator being an unpleasant or disturbed individual. It makes it much more difficult for them to claim that it was an unfortunate incident that spiralled out of control. Why lie through their teeth? The fact that they went about their normal business for days after the murder looks very bad on them too.

FFS

????
    Great answer to my question. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If they are as young as is being suggested in this thread, they're possibly too young to really understand what has actually happened. Possibly in shock themselves over what happened. PTSD.
    A lot of people in this thread automatically assuming the killer/s(if children) are psychopaths. Does a 13/14 year old really have the understanding of murder and death etc that young? I'm not sure they do. I know I wouldn't have
    My cousin took her own life when I was 13 and it was the first time I'd ever encountered anything like that and trying to make sense of it. Never mind the act of actually killing someone else and the consequences attached to it. i know things change a lot in the last 20 years but I can't imagine I'd have been aware of the consequences of actions like that at 13.

I'm sure if you violently killed someone with an implement you'd know exactly what you;d done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

It's a bit shocking that the main suspect(s) in this case is denying all knowledge of the murder.

No tearful confession would suggest that this wasn't some unfortunate incident between peers that spiralled horribly out of control, but that the individual or individuals who carried out the murder are sinister and dangerous and don't feel any remorse.

Of course they do. I did anyway.
    Otherwise there'd be loads of murders.
    The defense will of course trot out stuff like that in court even if they know it's rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

If a 13-year-old knows it's wrong to steal from a shop, they know it's wrong to assault and murder.

O did a lot of things I shouldn't have done when I was 13 or 14. Smoking/drinking and acting the maggot. I knew they were wrong, I understood the consequences but I still made a decision to do everything I did. I was clever at covering my tracks and making up stories.
    Same as this kid, or kids, whatever it turns out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Well any 13 year old I have ever known is absolutely well aware of what death or injury to another means . A six year old will know that to hurt another makes them sad . I am astonished that you think you wouldn't be aware at 13 that killing another human would have consequences ?

I'm sure if you violently killed someone with an implement you'd know exactly what you;d done.

Fair point.

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Well any 13 year old I have ever known is absolutely well aware of what death or injury to another means . A six year old will know that to hurt another makes them sad . I am astonished that you think you wouldn't be aware at 13 that killing another human would have consequences ?

Not what I said. Perhaps I didn't make my post clear enough, but given it's after hours...I won't bother rewording.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Also according to details I read she would have suffered multiple blows. Anyone with a bit of humanity would know exactly what was done

Not what I said. Perhaps I didn't make my post clear enough, but given it's after hours...I won't bother rewording.

Why ? I am happy to hear you explain what you meant ?
    What part of reply are you referring to when you say its not what you said ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

????
    Great answer to my question. Thanks.

Stupid question, stupid answer I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Seemingly not if your 14 by the post above..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Is it really a 13 yr old that is under suspicion, frightning

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Stupid question, stupid answer I suppose.

Or perhaps, some are too 'stupid' to have an actual discussion around the psychology of it. I probably expected too much from the average After Hours contributor.
    Lots of interesting stuff out there on violence in children, child killers etc maybe some of the lynch mob in the few posts above might like to have a quick google and read some of it.

I'm not sure it's suitable for this thread, so mods delete if appropriate, but I'll make it easier for you guys by giving you one quote
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/talking-about-trauma/201502/children-who-kill-are-often-victims-too
    Research to date suggests that child murderers don’t fully understand the severity or implications of their crimes. And psychiatric assessments have shown intense psychological disturbance, making true appreciation of the crime even less likely. Yet many children have been found criminally responsible and sentenced in adult courts.

Or perhaps, some are too 'stupid' to have an actual discussion around the psychology of it. I probably expected too much from the average After Hours contributor.
    Lots of interesting stuff out there on violence in children, child killers etc maybe some of the lynch mob in the few posts above might like to have a quick google and read some of it.

I'm not sure it's suitable for this thread, so mods delete if appropriate, but I'll make it easier for you guys by giving you one quote
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/talking-about-trauma/201502/children-who-kill-are-often-victims-too

Well I answered you and got a smart reply in return . So it hardly encouraged me to discuss it further .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,366 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The two pricks who killed Jamie Bolger were something like ten. Since their release one if them is back inside fir child porongraphy

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Well I answered you and got a smart reply in return . So it hardly encouraged me to discuss it further .

Your post felt more like at attack to be honest. Maybe we both took each other up the wrong way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,298 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Boohoo. Some adult serial killers dont understand because they think they are a god or some such rubbish. Herbert Mullin thought god wanted sacrifices to stop earthquakes happening. Child or not to not "understand" murder is a major problem.

Your post felt more like at attack to be honest. Maybe we both took each other up the wrong way.

It definitely wasn't an attack . It was my experience of 13 year old . I have met lovely 13 year olds and some brats and a few right little thugs and they all knew that murder was bad and that it would have consequences . Which I was astonished that you felt you might not have that insight
    Funnily enough I watched a documentary last night about Mary Bell and the police officer and psychologists felt she absolutely knew what she did was wrong . She was 10 years old when she murdered a three year old
    Yes her childhood was disfuncional but she knew right from wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

pjohnson wrote: »
    Boohoo. Some adult serial killers dont understand because they think they are a god or some such rubbish. Herbert Mullin thought god wanted sacrifices to stop earthquakes happening. Child or not to not "understand" murder is a major problem.

Agree victim or not they surely know killing is wrong. And this was not just killing, this child suffered a horrendous death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

not yet wrote: »
    I'd like to say fcuk off. but as I'd get banned I won't,

If anyone uses this tactic the mods leave you be

Making a joke of the rules tbh. Happened twice in this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

If the suspect is young I hope it's not another case motivated by the incel ideology behind the Toronto attack. It's a toxic ideology popular online with young men and gives them this idea that they are entitled to sex from women and if it isn't offered freely then it should be taken.

Incel is popular with young men? WTF are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

There was supposed to be a 3 minute silence in honour of Ana tomorrow night at 8.15 but it has been postponed with a message on Facebook reading that due to developments and further guidance today the gathering has been postponed.

If the suspect is young I hope it's not another case motivated by the incel ideology behind the Toronto attack. It's a toxic ideology popular online with young men and gives them this idea that they are entitled to sex from women and if it isn't offered freely then it should be taken.

The poster said popular online with young men, not popular with young men.
    The inference was that it's an online thing. I had to Google it when I read it but it does seem to be a bit of a movement gathering pace with disaffected youth.
    Scary stuff. Don't think it's relevant here though but who knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

There was supposed to be a 3 minute silence in honour of Ana tomorrow night at 8.15 but it has been postponed with a message on Facebook reading that due to developments and further guidance today the gathering has been postponed.

A comment on Bernard Caldwell’s post about the cancellation say it was at the request of Ana’s parents

Does anyone know when this poor young lady's funeral is on? I live locally and would really like to pay my respects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

You don't get many middle aged women engaging in it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement