Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The horrific death of Ana Kriegel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

How do you turn a simple condolence thread for a 14 year old into some rant against immigrants? I knew there was a bit of a troll issue in AH but I thought the people behind the accounts had a bit of common decency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Is there any -official - update on the investigation? RTE site more interested in the fcuking royal wedding it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

How do you turn a simple condolence thread for a 14 year old into some rant against immigrants? I knew there was a bit of a troll issue in AH but I thought the people behind the accounts had a bit of common decency.

I did post above but am not against immigrants in the least. If I came across that way I apologise. I thought the poster was making excuses for immigrants having a different culture therefore not respecting laws for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Is there any -official - update on the investigation? RTE site more interested in the fcuking royal wedding it seems

There will most likely be a Press Conference today at some stage but I wouldn't expect much info

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Exactly. Ppl almost foaming at the mouth for scapegoats. Leave the trashy armchair sleuthing and let the guards do their investigations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Uboat

tretorn wrote: »
    Its not irrelevant if they come from a background where women can be murdered without serious conseuquences.
    Another non national was convicted this week of attacking three women, if he hadnt been caught he would have ended up murdering someone as his attacks were very vicious.

I dont know whether you are a man tatranska but if you are you dont get to say nationality is irrelevant. It isnt relevant to you if you are a man because you wont be attacked and dragged down a street with a belt around your neck and then tied up with cable because someone thinks women who go out wunccovered and without a man with them is asking to be sexually assaulted. This is what the piece of scum who was convicted this week did, one woman was attacked on her way to work.

Another woman was harassed on a bus and when she got off the bus she was followed home by her harasser and raped in the hallway of her home, another non national. These people can commit these crimes in their country of origin and no one cares so they think they can come here and do the same.

If these horrible people are non nationals then this needs to be reported. It needs to be reported so that whatever led to this attack can be investigated and if part of it is cultural attitudes to women then its relevant to the murder enquiry.

We need to be keeping statistics of ethnic background in cases of attacks on women and if this is not PC then too bad, protecting womens safety has to be the priority here.

What countries have they come from? I would like to know. Please say if you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

The Gardai more or less control the feed of information to the press according to the needs of the investigation.
    Yesterday seemed to be about letting the killers know that they had the little girls phone, it was being forensically examined, DNA was being lifted off her clothes..... kind of “give yourself up now, come clean, we’re going to lift you anyway...you can’t escape”.
    Silence today. I’d expect a big announcement tonight or tomorrow .
    As soon as the DNA bit is done.
    I’d imagine the Gardai now know full well what happened the child and who was involved, it’s a question of having enough evidence there to arrest and charge soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

This is not to say all travellers are burglars but statisically a traveller is more likely to be a burglar than not.
    So statistically - what percentage of travellers are burglars? And (here's the interesting one) what percentage of burglers are travellers?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The poor child. 14 - her life had hardly even begun. I can't fathom the warped and sick mind(s) that would wish to inflict such a horrific end to a young teenage girl. :(

I think the perpetrator(s) will be caught. Those baying for executions or ranting about the possible nationality of the murderer should hang their heads in shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I really don’t care where the little murderers come from be they 10th generation Irish or from wherever I just want justice for Ana and the perpetrator brought to justice.
    Btw I think that kids social media networks will name the the prime suspects I do think the chances of keeping the suspects names hidden will be impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

I really don’t care where the little murderers come from be they 10th generation Irish or from wherever I just want justice for Ana and the perpetrator brought to justice.
    Btw I think that kids social media networks will name the the prime suspects I do think the chances of keeping the suspects names hidden will be impossible.

Lets hope the little basta*d is named, they dont deserve any anonymity regardless of their age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I haven't read anything about this to be honest, I don't think I'm able. Poor little girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

splinter65 wrote: »
    You don’t accept that there are countries in the world where the rape and violent murder of women by men goes largely unpunished?

It has as much to do with this thread as the FA Cup Final or Royal Wedding.

Well, if you complain in AH these days, and I don’t mean to the mods, there’s a contingent of people in this forum who would just like their right to laugh at anything they choose to and don’t want to hear that’s someone might actually feel the post was inappropriate.

Good luck with dealing with them. I’ve tried on another thread and failed. They’re not worth the effort

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭dublinbuster

Uboat wrote: »
    Its not irrelevant if they come from a background where women can be murdered without serious conseuquences.
    Another non national was convicted this week of attacking three women, if he hadnt been caught he would have ended up murdering someone as his attacks were very vicious.

I dont know whether you are a man tatranska but if you are you dont get to say nationality is irrelevant. It isnt relevant to you if you are a man because you wont be attacked and dragged down a street with a belt around your neck and then tied up with cable because someone thinks women who go out wunccovered and without a man with them is asking to be sexually assaulted. This is what the piece of scum who was convicted this week did, one woman was attacked on her way to work.

Another woman was harassed on a bus and when she got off the bus she was followed home by her harasser and raped in the hallway of her home, another non national. These people can commit these crimes in their country of origin and no one cares so they think they can come here and do the same.

If these horrible people are non nationals then this needs to be reported. It needs to be reported so that whatever led to this attack can be investigated and if part of it is cultural attitudes to women then its relevant to the murder enquiry.

We need to be keeping statistics of ethnic background in cases of attacks on women and if this is not PC then too bad, protecting womens safety has to be the priority here.

What countries have they come from? I would like to know. Please say if you know.
    Pakistan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

I'd imagine the perpetrator/s will be arrested quite quickly.
    I doubt she walked 1km to that creepy farmhouse alone.
    She knew her killer. Also it was still daylight on a summer evening so likely witnesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Sorry but where is this speculation about non nationals coming from

From some very sad excuses for people who have nothing better to do than hijacking the murder of a teenage girl for their f***ed up agenda.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭dublinbuster

Mod-Redacted.

Also perma banned. I wasn't joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

There's something wrong with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭bessboroughboy

I would describe the perpetrator or perpetrators of this atrocity as nothing more than pointless amalgamations of molecules who were only ever on a trajectory to nowhere. They will lead lives of absolute meaninglessness apart from the occasions where, perhaps, their mother agrees with them about how misunderstood they are.

R.I.P. Ana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I can never understand the underlying racist comments by so many people.

Ireland as a nation is one of the biggest emigrating countries in the world on a per 1000 basis.

We also welcome people from countries far and wide aa they welcome us.

Yet some stupid people always search for a racist angle whenever a crime is committed.

Ana and her family are a classic case of modern Ireland. She was Russian, her father is french and her mother Irish.

The perpetrator seems to have been a young boy and if you believe the local gossip, its a local and very much Irish boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SilverPenney

We'll have to wait for the information to come through before making snap judgements like tarring all migrants with the brush of this crime. If it is indeed young men of a foreign background, then I fully believe questions should be asked about the (imo) mishandled, and ultimately divisive move by the political establishment in recent years to import mass numbers of those from Asia/Africa into Europe (and Ireland). However, if not a non-Irish crime, then questions have to be asked about those coming in to this thread pushing a clear agenda.

Complete sympathy and love to the young womans family going through this awful ordeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Are they from pakistan.

I suspect myself that they are non Irish.

I doubt if we will be told anyway.

Wild speculation. Get a grip

• Registered Users Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

We'll have to wait for the information to come through before making snap judgements like tarring all migrants with the brush of this crime. If it is indeed young men of a foreign background, then I fully believe questions should be asked about the (imo) mishandled, and ultimately divisive move by the political establishment in recent years to import mass numbers of those from Asia/Africa into Europe (and Ireland). However, if not a non-Irish crime, then questions have to be asked about those coming in to this thread pushing a clear agenda.

Interesting, so if it is a non-Irish crime, we'll ask questions about immigration. And if it is an Irish crime, we'll ignore the question of how an Irish kid came to be a murderer.

A little twisted, no?

Poor girl my thoughts go out to her family.

Shame to read the usual inbred fu*k knuckles using her death for their agenda, they couldn't care less about the victim in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Knock it the fück off with the speculation on the nationality of the perpetrator(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Mod-I'm going to assume you can read seeing as you can type coherent sentences. Drop this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

It's shocking to think a child suffered like that but unbelievable that it was at the hands of another child.

• Advertisement

not so much as a peep on the news at 6 which tells me somewhere in a station there's a person trying to explain WHY they did this!!

I thought this about jill meagher at the time, if you were the father/husband of a victim who died this way, how would you go on???
    every time you go asleep you'll hear them calling for you, crying etc, it's no wonder most couples don't last thereafter!! you'd have to have a crack at getting to them no??

also if it is a kid, surely the parents would have seen signs that he/she was a monster??? or is that fair to say??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement