Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The horrific death of Ana Kriegel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

pjohnson wrote: »
    It has as much to do with this thread as the FA Cup Final or Royal Wedding.

You dismissed the notion that immigrants from a country where women have no human rights may have a problem integrating in Ireland.

Mod-Banned

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

A couple of fairly recent cases in Ireland involving killers who were 16 at the time. Both of these specimen are now walking free.

https://theukdatabase.com/2014/09/14/darren-goodwin-mountmellick/

https://theukdatabase.com/2018/05/07/ian-horgan-limerick/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Fukking sick animal it makes me despair that we have absolute lowlife filth walking around in this country and if i ever happened to come face to face with scum like this i honestly dont think i could control my actions my heart goes out to this poor girl and her family but to hell to the lowlife scum who did this horrible crime a long torturous death would be far too good for him he deserves to rot in the eternity of hell forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Pakistan

Wow - Buster is persistent. Here's the unwanted, aggressive PM sent just now;

Mod-Posting pm's is a serious breech of site rules.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    fair point, but again, i disagree, humans can indeed behave in very disturbing ways, such as this case, but killing a killer doesnt actually solve these kind of complex social issues. we must try understand why some behave in such ways, try rehabilitate them, if possible, in order to try prevent it from happening again, not just with the individual(s) involved, but we other potential murderers in society. this process cannot be done with creating another dead person.

some people are just born bad, the wiring in their brains in not like the rest of us. they are incapable of empathy, and beyond rehabilitation.
    rather than waste any more money, housing and "studying" such freaks best thing is simply remove them from the gene-pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

some people are just born bad, the wiring in their brains in not like the rest of us. they are incapable of empathy, and beyond rehabilitation.
    rather than waste any more money, housing and "studying" such freaks best thing is simply remove them from the gene-pool.

I grew up in Leixlip and forty odd years ago there were plenty of angry young fellas who hopped on anyone different. Ignorant and aggressive behaviour doesn’t just arise from nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ah the poor thing can't spew his bile here so guess you got lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

peaceboi wrote: »
    <snip>

Jesus. That last upload was a day before she went missing....

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭bessboroughboy

To be fair to Dublinbuster, that first line is obviously intended to have begun with "If I come on here..............."

Also, Dublinbuster appears to have remained respectful even though the message was intended to be private.

Dublinbuster was not necessarily voicing his/her own opinions when imagining a hypothetical posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

and what do we learn from this?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

rusty cole wrote: »
    not so much as a peep on the news at 6 which tells me somewhere in a station there's a person trying to explain WHY they did this!!

I thought this about jill meagher at the time, if you were the father/husband of a victim who died this way, how would you go on???
    every time you go asleep you'll hear them calling for you, crying etc, it's no wonder most couples don't last thereafter!! you'd have to have a crack at getting to them no??

also if it is a kid, surely the parents would have seen signs that he/she was a monster??? or is that fair to say??

As a father of a girl around her age I would end them and face the consequences

I presume most fathers would feel the same

I grew up in Leixlip and forty odd years ago there were plenty of angry young fellas who hopped on anyone different. Ignorant and aggressive behaviour doesn’t just arise from nowhere.

i'm not talkign about a few local lads with anger issues, i'm referring to psychopaths who are incapable of empathy, remorse or sympathy.
    and yes most of these are genetic in origin.
    i see no point in keeping these types alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

pjohnson wrote: »
    peaceboi wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/oBIvd4WF4MU

Her YouTube channel 😟

Jesus. That last upload was a day before she went missing....
    Poor kid looked so happy. Messing around with her sister and brother. I hope who ever ended her young life gets a life sentence themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

It's shocking to think a child suffered like that but unbelievable that it was at the hands of another child.

If the perpetrator was a child, I suspect he lacked proper mentorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Nothing to do in the area, addiction problems, rough upbringing yada yada yada. I had no poxy father growing up myself and I knew not to bloody kill someone. Mentor doesn’t come into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Some people are just born psychopaths, wherein no amount of parenting will make any difference. The kind of kids who hurt animals and abuse random passers by on the street for "fun". Those kids in Dublin who stuck a lit firework in that young woman's hood last Halloween for example, I'd bet very good money that they grow up to be hardened criminals of one kind or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Omackeral wrote: »
    Nothing to do in the area, addiction problems, rough upbringing yada yada yada. I had no poxy father growing up myself and I knew not to bloody kill someone. Mentor doesn’t come into it.

It does not really fit the demiograohic of deprived child, no role model rough upbringing etc. it’s a good enough area, Ana’s family are very much middle class, good school, would have thought Anas associates would be same bracket.

Like above I believe it’s going to be a bad egg.

I reckon some poor family are going to get a shock.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

There is a good chance that one of the perpetrators is a female.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

Mutant z wrote: »
    Fukking sick animal it makes me despair that we have absolute lowlife filth walking around in this country and if i ever happened to come face to face with scum like this i honestly dont think i could control my actions my heart goes out to this poor girl and her family but to hell to the lowlife scum who did this horrible crime a long torturous death would be far too good for him he deserves to rot in the eternity of hell forever.
    It is very difficult to think in a calm and rational way when affronted with a murder like this. Obviously, society is doing something wrong and I really do not think another quango or government commission will provide a solution.

Do not feed

• Registered Users Posts: 51,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

judeboy101 wrote: »
    There is a good chance that one of the perpetrators is a female.

I said that too. Jealousy is a dangerous thing.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    and what do we learn from this?

and what do we learn from keeping these creatures alive?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

As a father of a girl around her age I would end them and face the consequences

I presume most fathers would feel the same

And leave the wife and other kids not just without their sister but also without their father? Leave the mother to hold together the family while you would be playing Rambo to feel better.

It is absolutely horrific what happened and I feel so sorry for her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

When I was 15 a 16 years old girl was found raped and killed in my hometown. The perpetrator was a local kid from a good family. I knew his mother and his brother, they were normal polite quiet people. Well brother is deaf so a bit quieter than most. There was nothing there to make you feel that boy would do what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

meeeeh wrote: »
    A leave the wife and other kids not just without their sister but also without their father? Leave the mother to hold together the family while you would be playing Rambo to feel better.

It is absolutely horrific what happened and I feel so sorry for her family.

My wife would support me 100%

Are you a father married?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

and what do we learn from keeping these creatures alive?

You d be surprised how much has been learned from the incarceration of murderers over the decades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

When I was 15 a 16 years old girl was found raped and killed in my hometown. The perpetrator was a local kid from a good family. I knew his mother and his brother, they were normal polite quiet people. Well brother is deaf so a bit quieter than most. There was nothing there to make you feel that boy would do what he did.

Some kids are just bad ums no matter what sort of childhood they have or their parents and are completely beyond redemption the death penalty in these cases is completely justified imo to protect the rest of society from these monsters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭JennyZ

It's very sad and your story is too. It's about recognising the traits of psychopaths maybe sometimes family members are too close to call it or even understand what psychopathic traits are, lack of empathy etc can be very telling for a start.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement