Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The horrific death of Ana Kriegel

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

kaymin wrote: »
    Of course anything is possible but you have to wonder about the boys claims that he was attacked by two adults close to where Ana's remains were found having also admitted he was with her in the barn. Why didn't he volunteer this information when she went missing first?...well, I think we know why.

he might have been frightened/terrified. having come in contact wit 2 frenzied killers i would be.
    then again he might be making it up, but i think it's important to keep an open mind and not jump to conclusions.
    if she was raped/sexually assaulted and there's semen/DNA found, then the little psycho will fast run out of stories.

some folk are just born bad.
    https://www.kcl.ac.uk/ioppn/news/records/2012/May/The-antisocial-brain.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    What strikes me as odd about that report is that surely that lad would have reported that attack to the Gardai when it happened . Had he done so they would have found Anas body much sooner . So is he only now reporting an attack on himself that happened on the Monday evening ?

Yes, from my understanding some people involved with her that day only began to come forward after the body was found. The Gardai only found her because of her phone signal. Once she was found, people began to come forward and stories starting changing pretty quickly.

This is one of the saddest cases that I can remember. The poor girl. So sad. Hopefully our criminal justice system will do her justice but there is little chance of that either.

i would also suggest if her head/face suffered blunt force trauma, then his clothes would have been badly blood-soaked, possibly containing cerebral matter.
    no doubt mummy's laundry basket will have been seized & forensics will be clocking-up some o/time today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

VonZan wrote: »
    Yes, from my understanding some people involved with her that day only began to come forward after the body was found. The Gardai only found her because of her phone signal. Once she was found, people began to come forward and stories starting changing pretty quickly.

This is one of the saddest cases that I can remember. The poor girl. So sad. Hopefully our criminal justice system will do her justice but there is little chance of that either.

I live in the area and was up there on the Tuesday , the day after she was reported missing . There was a lot of Gardai and Civil Defence including water units and seemed to be sweeping from the canal , Leixlip side towards the Lucan , house side.
    It seemed to be very structured and organised looking like it was just a matter of time before they reached the house.

if this kid & his loving family are forensically aware, then they will have had a good 24 hours to concoct a story, mop up, bleach, scrub and possibly a little bonfire/bbq in the back garden.
    we could be dealing with a family of psychos. unlikely but possible ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,092 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

if this kid & his loving family are forensically aware, then they will have had a good 24 hours to concoct a story, mop up, bleach, scrub and possibly a little bonfire/bbq in the back garden.
    You can't scrub away your DNA .

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    You can't scrub away your DNA .

no but you can erase TRACES of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

no but you can erase TRACES of it.

I guess you mean traces of Ana's DNA from the suspects clothes?
    One was found with blood on his clothes i believe, also, they would need to remove their DNA from the scene and from themeselves. Not possible.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/two-teenage-boys-interviewed-over-murder-of-ana-kriegel-1.3501937

then again he might just be a frightened kid, in which case we may be dealing wit 2 fully-fledged child-killers in our midst, doubtless fantasizing over their last &/or planning their next obscenity.

Suckit wrote: »
    ??

from a crime-scene/clothing etc.
    Duh! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I live in the area and was up there on the Tuesday , the day after she was reported missing . There was a lot of Gardai and Civil Defence including water units and seemed to be sweeping from the canal , Leixlip side towards the Lucan , house side.
    It seemed to be very structured and organised looking like it was just a matter of time before they reached the house.

I think they were treating it as a possible suicide initially. She had been bullied in school according to reports.

The search of the house came about later from mobile location

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

from a crime-scene/clothing etc.
    Duh! :(

Not sure who the Duh! is aimed at, but you should read a bit more about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Happy4all wrote: »
    I think they were treating it as a possible suicide initially. She had been bullied in school according to reports.n

Bullying is a very serious issue that needs to be tackled. I'd like to see prosecutions and jail time for bullies. Even for 14 year olds of its relentless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I think we can all agree this is a tragic murder for the family to cope with, and that whoever is responsible be given a life sentence (regardless of age)

It just goes to show the times we are living in and the cheap price put on a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

You’re really enjoying this aren’t you. Better than an episode of Criminal Minds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

It’s just not safe out there anymore

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.rte.ie/amp/964777/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

MODERATORS!!!

this thread as decended into a bilefest.
    for the sake of all that is decent and respect for that poor childs' grieving family SHUT IT DOWN.
    LLMMLL wrote: »
    You’re really enjoying this aren’t you. Better than an episode of Criminal Minds.

That poster is some tulip alright. Literally has the most posts in the entire thread yet calls for it to be close, while many of their contributions are graphic and speculative themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

i would also suggest if her head/face suffered blunt force trauma, then his clothes would have been badly blood-soaked, possibly containing cerebral matter.
    no doubt mummy's laundry basket will have been seized & forensics will be clocking-up some o/time today.
    Mod Note: Wheres Me Jumper?, don't post in this thread again.

Use of gratuitous imagery will not be tolerated.

And that applies to ALL posing here. Use a bit of cop on, ffs.

Buford T. Justice

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

CeilingFly wrote: »
    The primary suspect said this.

Funny that no-one else seems to have seen these two mysterious men and the prime suspect didn't think to report that he was attacked until he was questioned yesterday?

Or why an assault on a child wasn't reported to the guards by his parents when there was another local child missing, one who he'd spent time with the same night.
    If he was involved, his parents will know and will have been frantically trying to figure out a way to explain it since her body was found as they would have started to put 2+2 together. Absolutely awful thing for parents of the perpetrator/s to deal with too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Or why an assault on a child wasn't reported to the guards by his parents when there was another local child missing, one who he'd spent time with the same night.
    If he was involved, his parents will know and will have been frantically trying to figure out a way to explain it since her body was found as they would have started to put 2+2 together. Absolutely awful thing for parents of the perpetrator/s to deal with too.

It's a bit shocking that the main suspect(s) in this case is denying all knowledge of the murder.

No tearful confession would suggest that this wasn't some unfortunate incident between peers that spiralled horribly out of control, but that the individual or individuals who carried out the murder are sinister and dangerous and don't feel any remorse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

I had heard from a local that the kid had a broken arm after whatever happened. I guess he's saying that the 2 men that attacked him caused it. Remains to be seen I suppose.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

JaMarcus wrote: »
    I had heard from a local that the kid had a broken arm after whatever happened. I guess he's saying that the 2 men that attacked him caused it.
    I've heard the same but hat the attack was in the park itself. I also heard that it happened on Tuesday from another source.
    Usual rumour mill crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Strazdas wrote: »
    It's a bit shocking that the main suspect(s) in this case is denying all knowledge of the murder.

No tearful confession would suggest that this wasn't some unfortunate incident between peers that spiralled horribly out of control, but that the individual or individuals who carried out the murder are sinister and dangerous and don't feel any remorse.

I don't know, I think it's possible to feel remorseful but also want to try and dodge any repercussions at the same time. Someone of that age is probably more naive in thinking they can get away with it too. They might not be aware of the technology they're up against.

I think it's pretty telling that the Gardaí have released so much information on who they believe the suspect is, so soon after the horrible discovery. I mean, it was pretty much straight off the bat that they were a suspect rather than just a person of interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Jesus a lot of speculation on the young lad and his story. I’m glad or hope nobody here is on a jury or working a crime scene.
    The dna will show up if it was him. It’s possible it wasn’t.
    There was another woman dragged into an suv and is missing not too far from there. A few stops on the m50 away.
    As a kid if I got a few slaps I wouldn’t have told the parents. I wouldn’t want my da going out and fighting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

As a kid if I got a few slaps I wouldn’t have told the parents. I wouldn’t want my da going out and fighting them.

As a kid I might or might not tell my parents about a few slaps from people I knew but if they were strangers I totally would.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Hope the person that did it is caught, but it is frightening that another v young person may have done it

• Registered Users Posts: 51,631 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

goat2 wrote: »
    Hope the person that did it is caught, but it is frightening that another v young person may have done it

Plus the fact that they were callous enough to also leave her body lying out there for 3 further days. That takes some doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭bessboroughboy

Jesus a lot of speculation on the young lad and his story. I’m glad or hope nobody here is on a jury or working a crime scene.
    There was another woman dragged into an suv and is missing not too far from there. A few stops on the m50 away.

Regarding unfolding situations like this new incident, I think the following would be useful in the future:

A means by which every car radio could be over-ridden by any detected broadcast on a certain frequency reserved for use by the guards.

The guards could then immediately seek motorists' assistance in locating a suspect vehicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Clearly the story is inconsistent with the reality. I mean he says she left the farm first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Looks like another girl was abducted somewhere in Wicklow aswell, that's just nuts. What the hell went on there, a family dispute or something worse?

I'd say the guards will get to bottom of that other poor girls murder very quickly, I hope there's no connection between the 2, that would be very scary

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement