Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Israel want to wipe out the Palestinians?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

NKante wrote: »
    Again, I'd like some of the Hamas cheerleaders on here to try and rush the border of India/Pakistan or South/North Korea. Let us know how you got on, or perhaps get your next of kin to let us know.

No Hamas cheerleaders here, that I can see. Just people against the murder of civilians and extremists like yourself supporting the murder of civilians.

I have actually been to the line of control (LOC), and have family who live there. You want to know the difference between the LOC and what we see in Gaza. At the LOC you have 2 heavily armed forces facing one another, both with nuclear weapons and air forces. Gaza is a prison and there is no border, as there is no Palestinian state, there isn't even an agreed armistice line (defacto agreement) like there is at the LOC, as again there is no Palestinian state, just a prison in Gaza and Bantustans in the West Bank.

So the situation you describe is not comparable at all, and quite frankly the claim is absurd.

• Site Banned Posts: 297 ✭✭NKante

wes wrote: »

So? There are plenty of way to mess with a video, including misleading editing etc. Also, a randomer on the Internet isn't a trustworthy source either. So your back to square one.

Get back to me, when you have source from somewhere that isn't a propaganda outfit.

Wow, clutching at straws here. Being more Hamas than Hamas :D

It was originally posted on Palestinian TV website and picked up from there. MEMRI is a trustworthy site that uses native Arab speakers for translation.

Literally Hamas speaking on camera is not enough proof for you, you think da jooos manipulated the video.

Maybe see a Doctor for that level of paranoia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

MEMRI is a trustworthy site that uses native Arab speakers for translation.

Is that what your employers in the Israeli foreign ministry tell you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

It was originally posted on Palestinian TV website and picked up from there. MEMRI is a trustworthy site that uses native Arab speakers for translation.

Literally Hamas speaking on camera is not enough proof for you, you think da jooos manipulated the video.

Reevaluate what you are doing for a living. There is surely a better way to earn a few shekels than defending the indefensible

Is that what your employers in the Israeli foreign ministry tell you?

Ah yes, that old canard that all supporters of Israel are secretly paid to do so because you know, Jews.

Looks like NBC News is running the story

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/hamas-says-most-protesters-killed-israel-gaza-were-members-n874906

How inconvenient for you.

• Advertisement

Ah yes, that old canard that all supporters of Israel are secretly paid to do so because you know, Jews.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/hamas-says-most-protesters-killed-israel-gaza-were-members-n874906

I refer you to post #512

As for Israel paying an army of internet trolls to post "alternative facts" on their behalf online, it's been openly admitted by them for at lest 5 years. They have included the action as part of their "anti-DBS" budget for several years. It's weird how new-reg's pop up every time Israel commits war crimes to defend them by spreading blatant lies, half truths and whataboutery, isn't it?

I refer you to post #512

As for Israel paying an army of internet trolls to post "alternative facts" on their behalf online, it's been openly admitted by them for at lest 5 years. They have included the action as part of their "anti-DBS" budget for several years. It's weird how new-reg's pop up every time Israel commits war crimes to defend them by spreading blatant lies, half truths and whataboutery, isn't it?

I think new reg's pop up because they see wall-to-wall nonsense on here about 60 flag waving civilians mowed down by the ruthless IDF and feel they need to counter the bull****.

But predictably, even when palestinians admit 50 of the dead were Hamas - the anti-Israel mob go into overdrive and seem to almost be angry with Hamas for telling the truth.

It must be quite the moral contortion to support an internationally proscribed terrorist group over a liberal democracy, but leftists and Sinn Fein supports seem to make themselves into pretzels with ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Why do you keep bringing religion into the discussion?

Because the canard is really about deceitful Jews having to pay for support. The same was said pre-Israel and we all know what "you're earning your shekels" is referring to.

A lot of the anti-Israel knuckle-draggers think they're being 'subtle' with their tropes, but they're quite obvious, I can assure you.

Because if you can make it about religion instead of land grabbing and colonianism then you can shout down anyone who opposes Israeli human rights abuses, war crimes and ethnic cleansing as antisemitic. Even of those people are in fact Jews like Pappe, Finkelstein, Chomsky, or groups of Jews like Bet B'tselem, Jewish voice for Peace, and so on.

• Advertisement

Because the canard is really about deceitful Jews having to pay for support. The same was said pre-Israel and we all know what "you're earning your shekels" is referring to.

A lot of the anti-Israel knuckle-draggers think they're being 'subtle' with their tropes, but they're quite obvious, I can assure you.

That's just not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

This is exactly the kind of nonsense you see on the Israeli embassy twitter. The only one bringing up the deceitful jew nonsense or anything like it is you. The rest of us are quite firmly focused on the genocidal acts of the IDF and the support given by the Israeli government for the murder of civilians.

Because if you can make it about religion instead of land grabbing and colonianism then you can shout down anyone who opposes Israeli human rights abuses, war crimes and ethnic cleansing as antisemitic. Even of those people are in fact Jews like Pappe, Finkelstein, Chomsky, or groups of Jews like Bet B'tselem, Jewish voice for Peace, and so on.

Ooh mentioning a few names there that are funded by foreign entities like the EU.

I guess that's leftist Hasbara though. Which apparently is okay with you because it suits your ideology.

Ooh mentioning a few names there that are funded by foreign entities like the EU.

I guess that's leftist Hasbara though. Which apparently is okay with you because it suits your ideology.

How do you feel about young children being targeted by the idf?

"most moral army"

"humanitarian efforts in poor countries"

Blah blah blah.

This is exactly the kind of nonsense you see on the Israeli embassy twitter. The only one bringing up the deceitful jew nonsense or anything like it is you. The rest of us are quite firmly focused on the genocidal acts of the IDF and the support given by the Israeli government for the murder of civilians.

I mean do you guys actually think you're fooling people by saying "Zionist" instead of Jews or using the same tropes against Jews for centuries, but saying "Israel" instead.

It's like you think you're masters of deception. We know what you mean.

It used to be Jews were hated for their religion, then that became 'un-PC'

So anti-semitism then morphed into hating the Jewish race. Religious or not, if you were ethnically Jewish you were the enemy.

Hating Jews for their race became a bit touchy after WWII

Anti-semitism then found a new way to morph. Aha! the Jewish state! a convenient vehicle for anti-semites to hop onto and have a ready to use alibi for their anti-semitism. - why it's not Jews I hate....it's just Israel'

A 3 year old can see through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I mean do you guys actually think you're fooling people by saying "Zionist" instead of Jews or using the same tropes against Jews for centuries, but saying "Israel" instead.

So anti-semitism then morphed into hating the Jewish race. Religious or not, if you were ethnically Jewish you were the enemy.

Anti-semitism then found a new way to morph. Aha! the Jewish state! a convenient vehicle for anti-semites to hop onto and have a ready to use alibi for their anti-semitism. - why it's not Jews I hate....it's just Israel'

That's quite the paranoid rambling post. :rolleyes:

How do I feel about 50 Hamas members being shot trying to breach the border? I feel delighted. As delighted as I would had it been Al Qaeda, ISIS, Hezbollah or any other terrorist group.

How do I feel that 12 are reported to be civilians? I feel that it's inevitable in war, after all NATO managed to murder a whole column of fleeing refugees in the Kosovo campaign. I feel it's tragic that Hamas deliberately use their people as human shield.

I feel it's even more tragic that people like you then do Hamas' P.R for them. You do their bidding by peddling the media narrative they want to put out there. All you do is ensure they keep doing it because they get the reaction from the media and people like you that they want - to slander Israel and drag them down to the gutter.

Instead, had you and the media taken a rare moral stance and in fact denounced Hamas for their use of human shields, denounced them for closing the schools so that kids would go to the riot, denounced them trying to breach the border of a sovereign nation - then they wouldn't get the media coverage they seek and would most likely take a different approach.

How do I feel about 50 Hamas members being shot trying to breach the border? I feel delighted. As delighted as I would had it been Al Qaeda, ISIS, Hezbollah or any other terrorist group.

How do I feel that 12 are reported to be civilians? I feel that it's inevitable in war, after all NATO managed to murder a whole column of fleeing refugees in the Kosovo campaign. I feel it's tragic that Hamas deliberately use their people as human shield.

I feel it's even more tragic that people like you then do Hamas' P.R for them. You do their bidding by peddling the media narrative they want to put out there. All you do is ensure they keep doing it because they get the reaction from the media and people like you that they want - to slander Israel and drag them down to the gutter.

Instead, had you and the media taken a rare moral stance and in fact denounced Hamas for their use of human shields, denounced them for closing the schools so that kids would go to the riot, denounced them trying to breach the border of a sovereign nation - then they wouldn't get the media coverage they seek and would most likely take a different approach.

You didn't answer the question, how do you feel about the idf deliberately targeting children?

How do you feel about use of children as human shields by the idf?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

There is no such thing as “the Jewish race”. A Jew is somebody who practices Judaism.

There are jews all around the world of differing racial backgrounds as there are with a lot of religions.

Anybody walking the streets of Tel Aviv can see this straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Jewish people from all over the world are welcomed to Israel with full citizenship/rights, yet Palestinians who's stolen land the Apartheid state of Israel stands won't give them their basic human rights
    UN rights chief: He went on to say that Israel has systematically deprived Palestinians of their human rights, with 1.9 million in Gaza "caged in a toxic slum from birth to death".

I proved your source unreliable. You have failed to prove it reliable or provide another reliable source, in any reply to me.

You have failed to address any of the points that I raised, and I find you anti-semtic slur against Jewish people to be distasteful.

Now, get back to me, when you can provide a trust worthy source, or disprove the facts that I brought up. As it stands you argument is your right because you said so, which is childish to say the least. I have shown Memri to be untrustworthy, you have failed to disprove the facts I provided to support this.

Also, you on the one hand say Hamas are not trustworthy and then second later say we should trust what they say. So which is it then? Are they trust worthy or are they not.

I personally wouldn't trust a word they say, or consider them a reliable source on anything, and all there claims should be taken with a pinch of salt, until they can be verified.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    There is no such thing as “the Jewish race”. A Jew is somebody who practices Judaism.

There are jews all around the world of differing racial backgrounds as there are with a lot of religions.

Anybody walking the streets of Tel Aviv can see this straight away.

Nonsense. Jews are legally recognised as a race in the UK for example.

You can tell if someone is Jewish by their DNA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

Rubbish. What currency do you currently use in Israel ... shekels. As someone pointed out, paranoid ramblings. When you are defending the type of activities that you are, you are chipping away at your own innate decency. Be careful not to carry on down that particular path before its too late to turn back

wes wrote: »
    I proved your source unreliable. You have failed to prove it reliable or provide another reliable source.

Nope. The burden of proof is on you. The translation is accurate, that's been established. The senior Hamas figure is known, and can be corroborated with a google search.

Major news networks have reported the same story.

You seem to think that Mossad spent the evening creating some CGI movie.

Also, Hamas haven't denied the video. The Hamas figure hasn't said it wasn't him.

The only person who thinks da joos fabricated the video is Wes from the internet.

I'm certain I've never used the term "Zionist". Feel free to correct me.

Nonsense. Jews are legally recognised as a race in the UK for example.

Sikhs are also recognized as a race in UK law. UK law is the arbiter of whether a group is a race or not.

BTW, Palestinians and Middle Eastern Jews are basically the same people, generically speaking.

Also, you ignore the Beber Jews, Ethiopian Jews, the Khazar Jew (read up on the Khazar Jewish kingdom). Now having said that Anti-semites consider Jews to be a race, and racialized European Jews (a more recent example would be Bosnian Muslims, who were racialized by the Serbian leadership), to justify there irrational hatred of them as a group.

Race is a social construct, and is very often based around one group hating another.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Comedy gold,

So I suppose god changed Ivanka Trump's when gave up Christianity and took up Judaism.

Your credibility is crashing and burning..............

Nope. The burden of proof is on you.

I provide proof, you ignored it.
    The translation is accurate, that's been established. The senior Hamas figure is known, and can be corroborated with a google search.

It hasn't actually as Mermi are untrustworthy as a source. Memri have a habit of exaggerating things and can't be trusted.
    Major news networks have reported the same story.

Yes, they are trust worthy to varying degrees. You however chose to use a propaganda outfit as a source.
    You seem to think that Mossad spent the evening creating some CGI movie.

Memri are not Mossad, and no CGI would be needed to fake a translation. You do need to do better, then the nonsense you spout.
    Also, Hamas haven't denied the video. The Hamas figure hasn't said it wasn't him.

Hamas aren't a trustworthy source either btw :rolleyes:. Amazing how you will believe the nonsense Hamas will spout when it suits you, tells us a lot about you.
    The only person who thinks da joos fabricated the video is Wes from the internet.

The same Anti-semtic slur. The level of racism your coming out with is utterly disgusting. You really need to take a look in the mirror.

• Advertisement

RustyNut wrote: »
    Comedy gold,

So I suppose god changed Ivanka Trump's when gave up Christianity and took up Judaism.

Your credibility is crashing and burning..............

Do you need a DNA change if you want to leave the Jewish faith?

Advertisement