Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Israel want to wipe out the Palestinians?

Options

Comments

Odhinn wrote: »
    The man big on defending democracy, by running a secret sticky cell dedicated to keeping republican opinion off the air.

Hehe. I've just found out how to thank a post twice.

It's a war crime to shoot a doctor

Probably a good reason for the Israelis to shoot him then. You clearly don't get to be "the only democracy in the middle east" by caring about that human rights nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

They were terrorist-led riots... not the "peaceful protestors" that many disingenuous people wish portray them as!

Here you go, right from the horse's mouth:

Mahmoud al-Zahar (Hamas): “When we talk about ‘peaceful resistance,’ we are deceiving the public,” he said. He called it “a clear terminological deception.”

Hamas, and their apologists, are the one's who should be hanging their heads in shame... sending their own civilians to their deaths!

This quote is one line from an interview. He is replying to a question about Fatah's peaceful resistance. The interview was also the day before the massacre.

There is no defense for Israeli soldiers on this one. Even former Israeli snipers say the rules of engagement were once stricter.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭_brendand_

I would hope the Irish defence forces would shoot dead any person or groups who would try to cross our border with criminal intent.

Oh **** off - ever heard of the Clontibret invasion? Imagine how that would have gone down if the Irish defence forces executed Peter Robinson and his posse?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Gatling wrote: »
    No such thing as a safe area if your in the open and people are firing live rounds ,you could essentially Walk into a bullet that's being fired at someone else .
    From the videos and maps showing the protesters are alot closer than 700 meters ,
    Actually if anything why nobody has built land defenses around the protesters is unbelievable a couple of diggers and they could build mounds for hundreds of meters offering protection from bullets

If the Israelis saw a bulldozer near the border fence then they could reasonably assume that it was an attempt to break through the fence.

The other issue is that Hamas is in control of Gaza and it doesn't want to protect the protesters. If the Israelis do nothing then they have propaganda from a protest, if the Israelis take action then they have the propaganda value of dead/injured palestinians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

_brendand_ wrote: »
    Oh **** off - ever heard of the Clontibret invasion? Imagine how that would have gone down if the Irish defence forces executed Peter Robinson and his posse?

I remember it well.

And as much as I despise Peter Robinson & the Loyalist ideology in general, I did not want the Free State Army to shot any of them dead.

I mean the riots that went on up in the North were much more violent than the protests going on in Gaza.

During the Battle of the Bogside several thousand rioters threw petrol bombs & rocks at the RUC (who sectarian bigots themselves but I'm just making the point) and the Army was sent in, they didn't shot anybody, they went in to try and cool the situation not make it worse.

The IDF is doing the opposite of what the British Army did in 1969, the IDF knows if they kill enough Palestinians Hamas will fire back, the IDF is trying to provoke Hamas.
    Now the British Army later carried out horrible massacres & killings of civilians in Newry, the Bogside, Strabane, the Falls Road, Springhill, Ballymurphy etc... and these type of actions just turned what had been a relatively peaceful movement into a guerrilla war, this is exactly what the IDF hope to achieve by slaughtering those poor people.
    The other day they gased an 8 month old baby girl to death, if I had an 8 month old daughter & they gased it to death I would probably become a "terrorist" myself to avenge her death as I know the soldier won't be punished.

I mean what type of sick people celebrate the death of an 8 month old baby girl? Israel is a fascist, terrorist state. They've after causing more trouble in the Middle East than the Crussaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Imagine the outcry from the political and media establishments around the world if it was 60 dead Israeli jews and zero dead Palestinians.

The cries to bomb Gaza, the pleas for revenge, the outrage against Hamas or whoever....

But it’s only Palestinians so it’s “tragic”, we need to be “understanding of a complex issue”, and “expelling ambassadors does no good”.

So many racists who just turn the other cheek when the Palestinian body count goes up and up....

If the Israelis saw a bulldozer near the border fence then they could reasonably assume that it was an attempt to break through the fence.

The other issue is that Hamas is in control of Gaza and it doesn't want to protect the protesters. If the Israelis do nothing then they have propaganda from a protest, if the Israelis take action then they have the propaganda value of dead/injured palestinians.

They can't protect them.

The Gaza strip is about the size of Louth. It's the most over populated place on the planet.

You understad the Palestinians in Gaza just want to get out of Gaza? They have no intrest in "invading Israel" which would be hard to do anyway seeing as they come from there. They are not allowed out of Gaza by the IDF. It's like saying the people of Limerick are trying to invade Ireland.

Palestinians don't care about propaganda, they care about their children having to drink dirty water & searching for food, which is becoming harder to find.

These people have nothing to live for under such a brute occupation.

The last time there was a place like Gaza, was in Warsaw during the first half of the 1940's.

They can't protect them.

The Gaza strip is about the size of Louth. It's the most over populated place on the planet.

You understad the Palestinians in Gaza just want to get out of Gaza? They have no intrest in "invading Israel" which would be hard to do anyway seeing as they come from there. They are not allowed out of Gaza by the IDF. It's like saying the people of Limerick are trying to invade Ireland.

Palestinians don't care about propaganda, they care about their children having to drink dirty water & searching for food, which is becoming harder to find.

The last time there was a place like Gaza, was in Warsaw during the first half of the 1940's.

it's like in south africa at the height, 10% of the population owned 90% of the land... the sowetos of sorts as they were known are now palestine slums...funnily enough I don't see bono screaming about this one either!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

They can't protect them.

Is hard to imagine what it must be like trying to raise a family in such an environment. Bleak beyond words as there is no escape and no end in sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

More lies

I must have missed these posts where you condemn America for actions such as the one mentioned . If you point to these posts i'll acknowledge my mistake. A lie would be knowing my assertion about you was untrue. I simply don't recall such posts by you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

The other day they gased an 8 month old baby girl to death, if I had an 8 month old daughter & they gased it to death I would probably become a "terrorist" myself to avenge her death as I know the soldier won't be punished.

I mean what type of sick people celebrate the death of an 8 month old baby girl? Israel is a fascist, terrorist state. They've after causing more trouble in the Middle East than the Crussaders.

Its worth thinking about, the Jewish state gassing children

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Imagine the outcry from the political and media establishments around the world if it was 60 dead Israeli jews and zero dead Palestinians.

The cries to bomb Gaza, the pleas for revenge, the outrage against Hamas or whoever....

But it’s only Palestinians so it’s “tragic”, we need to be “understanding of a complex issue”, and “expelling ambassadors does no good”.

So many racists who just turn the other cheek when the Palestinian body count goes up and up....

Palestinians aren't killed/murdered.... they "die" in "clash's"" skirmishes" according to the MSM

Its worth thinking about, the Jewish state gassing children

Well it's horrible that people are able to.

The Holocaust in my opinion was the worst crime of the 20th century and maybe of any century.
    But the genocide of 6 million Jews during WW2 was carried out by white European fascists, it had nothing to do with anybody from Palestine, which at the time was the British Mandate Palestine.
    Why not carve out a bit out of central or east Europe for a Jewish state, they were the people responsibe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Zebra3 wrote: »

During the first, and the second intifada when Palestinian terrorists were killing Israeli citizens in suicide bombings (particularly at the start of the second intifada) there were no international outcry for either the West Bank or Gaza (which was occupied both times anyway) to be bombed.

Killing civilians, non-combatants is wrong. Doesn't matter whether they're Israeli or Palestinian, killing innocents is wrong.

Tbh there's a bunch of kunts in both camps, there's a bunch of kunts in the Knesset and there's a bunch of kunts in Hamas and innocent civilian lives means nothing to them and if the end justifies the means they'll kill and maim all in their wake, both Palestinians and Israeli a like. It won't matter a jot.

Pauln90 wrote: »
    We would all hope

Well you'd be let down then.

In 1976 an 8 man SAS unit armed to the teeth was arrested by the Irish Army, not shot dead. The SAS unit had captured a number of Irish citizens in cross border raids & killed them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flagstaff_hill_incident

Also Loyalist death squads between 1972 - 1976 crossed the border with ease & bombed a number of border counties & Dublin city killing over 50 people and injuring over 500 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

No such thing as a safe area if your in the open and people are firing live rounds ,you could essentially Walk into a bullet that's being fired at someone else .
    From the videos and maps showing the protesters are alot closer than 700 meters ,
    s

Ah yes it's all the protestors fault for protesting against the terrible conditions
    imposed on them by a repressive regime.
    That sounds like something Bashar's forces would have said back in 2011. Who knew you would be providing the same rationale for the murder of civilians protestors by Israel.

I hear Lockheed are making slingshots for the US army to deploy in theatre, as they are far superior to a gatling gun and other hand held weapons the us have at the moment. Even more so if these slingshots are used by someone in a wheelchair.

zapitastas wrote: »
    Nothing to see there ... move along ... that Hamas compound that the children were near when that occurred was cunningly hidden as a small fisherman's shack. Was a full internal investigation and everything was above board

Was it an IDF investigation? Of course we all know their investigations are unbiased, thorough, and establish the facts- with no hint of a cover up at all. Well done zapitastas for giving us the truth. No doubt you can explain away the dozens of other instances where children have been murdered by the IDF

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

Israel is bombing Gaza again tonight.
    The 12 year old boy who was shot in the leg lost his leg.
    Is this what Israel want, the population maimed and even more helpless.
    Its truly disgusting.

Palestinians aren't killed/murdered.... they "die" in "clash's"" skirmishes" according to the MSM

And this is the same language use by both Conservatives & so called Liberals.

That idiot Bill Maher calls himself a Liberal, he is one of the biggest supporters of Israel in Hollywood. He seems to be clueless on the situation as well, he asks questions like "why don't just move?". There is no where for them to ****ing move to. There blocked on the Egyptian side, there's a naval blockade, there's drones flying around their heads all the time, there's armed fascist guards on all land sides. They literally can't move, this is what the protest is about.

What went on in the North was a breeze compared to Gaza. 3,500 were killed in Ireland, England & mainland Europe between 1969 - 1998.
    Over 3,000 Palestinians were killed in the Sabra & Shatila massacre in just one day alone.

Anywhere the Palestinian refuges go the IDF follows, they chased them out of Jordan, they tried to chase them out of Lebanon & were doing so until Hezbollah defeated the IDF.
    See Israel is a bully, it doesn't mind fighting Hamas, Hamas only has small arms a couple of AK's, SMG's, some RPG's that type of it's a bit of target practise for them, the Provos were probablly better armed than Hamas, but they do not want to tangle with Hezbollah because they know they'll get a bloody nose again.
    Syria & Iran are the two last regimes in the region that actively support the Palestinian cause (so did Iraq & Libya before them) that's why they want a war with these countries. They destroyed every regime that supported Palestine, & Iran is the last one standing. It's no coincidence the the US scrapped the Iran deal at the same time it moved it's embassay in Israel into an illegal occupied area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

And this is the same language use by both Conservatives & so called Liberals.

That idiot Bill Maher calls himself a Liberal, he is one of the biggest supporters of Israel in Hollywood. He seems to be clueless on the situation as well, he asks questions like "why don't just move?". There is no where for them to ****ing move to. There blocked on the Egyptian side, there's a naval blockade, there's drones flying around their heads all the time, there's armed fascist guards on all land sides. They literally can't move, this is what the protest is about.

What went on in the North was a breeze compared to Gaza. 3,500 were killed in Ireland, England & mainland Europe between 1969 - 1998.
    Over 3,000 Palestinians were killed in the Sabra & Shatila massacre in just one day alone.

Anywhere the Palestinian refuges go the IDF follows, they chased them out of Jordan, they tried to chase them out of Lebanon & were doing so until Hezbollah defeated the IDF.
    See Israel is a bully, it doesn't mind fighting Hamas, Hamas only has small arms a couple of AK's, SMG's, some RPG's that type of it's a bit of target practise for them, the Provos were probablly better armed than Hamas, but they do not want to tangle with Hezbollah because they know they'll get a bloody nose again.
    Syria & Iran are the two last regimes in the region that actively support the Palestinian cause (so did Iraq & Libya before them) that's why they want a war with these countries. They destroyed every regime that supported Palestine, & Iran is the last one standing. It's no coincidence the the US scrapped the Iran deal at the same time it moved it's embassay in Israel into an illegal occupied area.

What I find odd is why the UK and France(let's face it the US is in Israels pocket) aren't launching cruise missiles at Israel for human rights abuses,the pictures coming out of Palestine are more distressing than the last supposed chemical attack in Syria

• Advertisement

^ They won't attack Israel for human rights abuses no matter how bad it gets.

If you buy your weapons of the UK & get in line with Western imperialist policy you can kill who ever you want. The Saudi's can kill the Yemen's the Israeli's can kill Palestinian's, Jesuit priests can be killed in El Salvador. It makes me wonder would Corbyn be up to the task of standing up to Israel after 30 years of rhetoric saying he supports the Palestine claim to statehood and all the rest of it.

Fair play to Turkey & South Africa for kicking out theIsraeli ambassadors. Ireland should do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

What I find odd is why the UK and France(let's face it the US is in Israels pocket) aren't launching cruise missiles at Israel for human rights abuses,the pictures coming out of Palestine are more distressing than the last supposed chemical attack in Syria

Human rights are only an issue when western countries are dealing with an enemy regime.

Read up on what happened to Britain’s ambassador to Uzbekistan Craig Murray when he went public on political opponents being boiled alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

Well it's horrible that people are able to.

The Holocaust in my opinion was the worst crime of the 20th century and maybe of any century.
    But the genocide of 6 million Jews during WW2 was carried out by white European fascists, it had nothing to do with anybody from Palestine, which at the time was the British Mandate Palestine.
    Why not carve out a bit out of central or east Europe for a Jewish state, they were the people responsibe?

I think you're going down the frequent rabbit hole of assuming that Israel is just a bunch of European Jews randomly plopped down in the Middle East. In-fact the majority of Israel's Jewish population are Mizrahi (namely descended from Jewish communities that were historically from the Middle East up until the 40s). Much of the Ashkenazi demographic has only been a more recent affair, particularly the former Eastern-bloc nations from the 70s to the mid 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,963 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Not a lot of talk about this in the US. Its not trending on facebook or anything either, even under the politics filter:

Rudy Giuliani
    Giuliani: Mueller told Trump team he won't indict president ‑ video.foxnews.com

Donald Trump
    Trump calls some illegal immigrants "animals" in meeting with… ‑ cbsnews.com

Robert Mueller
    Mueller subpoenas former Roger Stone media adviser ‑ thehill.com

Rex Tillerson
    In Rebuke of Trump, Tillerson Says Lies Are a Threat to Democracy ‑ nytimes.com

Jerry Brown
    California governor slams Trump for 'lying' about immigration at… ‑ thehill.com

Cambridge Analytica
    Cambridge Analytica whistleblower says Bannon wanted to suppress… ‑ msn.com

North Carolina
    North Carolina teachers join 'Red for Ed' walkouts for higher pay ‑ msn.com

Scott Pruitt
    Senators Grill EPA's Pruitt Over Ethics Scandals ‑ usatoday.com

US Office of Government Ethics
    Trump financial disclosure includes Michael Cohen payment ‑ foxnews.com

USA Gymnastics Sex Abuse Scandal
    Michigan State’s $500 Million for Nassar Victims Dwarfs Other… ‑ nytimes.com

Americans aren't given the whole story. Frankly nobody is. But we're given a really ****ed up version of events along with decades of pro-zionist culture. Even when you suss out whats happening we all know we're ****ed to do anything with the information.

Israel is bombing Gaza again tonight.
    The 12 year old boy who was shot in the leg lost his leg.
    Is this what Israel want, the population maimed and even more helpless.
    Its truly disgusting.

One would have thought that after reading 32 pages of condemnation and problem solving the Israeli's would have stopped all that carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

One would have thought that after reading 32 pages of condemnation and problem solving the Israeli's would have stopped all that carry on.

Shur don't bother talking about things you can't directly individually solve, Hur Hur.

Idiocy. I suppose people should only talk about things that they can directly effect. Time to stop discussions on all world affairs, sports, and so on. Sure nobody pays attention to boards anyway.

Shur don't bother talking about things you can't directly individually solve, Hur Hur.

Idiocy. I suppose people should only talk about things that they can directly effect. Time to stop discussions on all world affairs, sports, and so on. Sure nobody pays attention to boards anyway.

Nope, you need to take your rage to twitter these days.

And good morning, you're awake so let the hysteria commence forthwith.

All joking aside, I'm done stressing about Israel & the Palestinians on boards.ie or any social media platform for that matter.

These threads appear every few months, then when the moderators get bored with them the thread is moved to the Politics graveyard where Israel/Palestine threads are sent to die.

As much as most here in this thread I'm opposed to the Israeli siege of Gaza, the oppression of the Palestinian people (by both Israel and Hamas, and to a smaller extent other places where Palestinians have sought refuge. Like Lebanon for example where even Lebanese born Palestinians aren't afforded the same civil rights as nationalized Lebanese).

Even Palestinians who sought refuge in Gaza are discriminated against by their own in Gaza. I'd have to think long and very hard to find a people so wronged and treated so unjust as Palestinians.

I've done my own bit, I just don't stress about it here.

And good morning, you're awake so let the hysteria commence forthwith.

A.

It's after 9am, I've been in the office for over an hour already ;)

All joking aside, I'm done stressing about Israel & the Palestinians on boards.ie or any social media platform for that matter.

I completely understand why it would become something you just don't want to bother talking about on boards (or social media, or in general) especially after seeing the cluster**** that was the reality on the ground in Lebanon in the 80's and 90's, but in that case, just ignore the thread, no?

Like I couldn't be arsed talking about Irish politics with Leo's loveies or the North with the fleggers and Shinners on here, but I don't go in and say "why bother talking about it on boards, Arlene and Gerry aren't reading this" I just (for the most part) ignore the threads.

The reality is though that talking about these issues on any forum is better than ignoring it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The amount of social media posts and rage i seen on stupid campaigns and not a peep about this.i'm becoming real disillusioned with the world.people get more wound up about some post man secretly filmed kicking a dog than 50 people gunned down during a protest.

Advertisement