Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eleven Sports - Down to La Liga - hands back Serie A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭mike2084

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    Watching PGA feature group coverage on fb live ( McIlroy Woods Thomas) and casting it to tv. Bit glitchy but watchable. Anybody watching on Eleven sports website?

Been watching through the website on an Amazon Fire Stick using Silk browser, pretty watchable happy enough with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Any news on chromecast capability for eleven sports?

I will be interested in a sub when the UFC moves there but there's absolutely no way I'd subscribe if Chromecast isn't supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

lertsnim wrote: »
    I will be interested in a sub when the UFC moves there but there's absolutely no way I'd subscribe if Chromecast isn't supported.

I just signed up to Eleven sports website and was able to mirror cast phone to TV. Worked fine. 59.99 p.a. for Serie A and La Liga isn’t bad value when you consider the cost of Sky who seem to be losing more and more sports content.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

Picture quality airplayed to a 46" full HD screen is excellent. Pity there isn't a native apple tv app yet.

Any idea if it will work on a first generation airplay box? Thanks. Might be a game-changer for me if I can get to view it on the TV.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I think only Apple devices support AirPlay video casting/screen mirroring.Certainly SkyQ has AirPlay but can only do sound - you get a blue screen with track details and maybe some artwork if you’re lucky. Sadly it’s one Android definitely has the march over iOS on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Still no carriage deal with Sky for Eleven Sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Arciphel wrote: »
    Still no carriage deal with Sky for Eleven Sports?

Hopefully its sorted out soon,I wont be signing up unless there is a satellite platform,I cant be arsed messing around with an app and the picture quality on iptv is vastly inferior to a good satellite bitrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I just signed up to Eleven sports website and was able to mirror cast phone to TV. Worked fine. 59.99 p.a. for Serie A and La Liga isn’t bad value when you consider the cost of Sky who seem to be losing more and more sports content.

I want to able to cast properly using a mobile device. Mirroring is fine but then you cannot use the device for other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Won't be signing up until they get Chromecast sorted, which by the sounds of it is far from imminent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jelutong

I signed up for a month through Play Store and installed the App on an Android box. Works a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Looks like Facebook followers of Eleven Sports cant watch the last 2 Hours of the PGA.

They have to signup on the website.

Golf fans are not impressed with Eleven Sports coverage going by the negative feedback on the Eleven Sports Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I'm seeking a refund as my stream has not been good enough.

Well, for those that tell us that streaming is the future of watching sports, the last four days have been a terrible advert for it. El Classico will be their next test and they’ll need to fix the issues (and get themselves a carriage deal with Sky/Virgin) before then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

Does anyone know how to unsubscribe? The account section of their website (on mobile at least) doesn't have a cancel subscription option.

Won't be signing up again. Terrible experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

Streamed fine for me using Apple TV and worked well on my old iPad via the ES website. However I didn't watch for too long so there may be issues down the line.
    Sign up for the annual pass using the app instead of the website and get all of one free extra! €60 to access to Serie A and La Liga seems good to me. I notice they have German football in other territories. It would be great if they poached the Irish rights from BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

joe_99 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to unsubscribe? The account section of their website (on mobile at least) doesn't have a cancel subscription option.

Won't be signing up again. Terrible experience.

On Android you unsubscribe through Google Play Store.
    Click on menu then Subscriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

On Android you unsubscribe through Google Play Store.
    Click on menu then Subscriptions.

But do you get a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/aug/13/eleven-sports-pga-championship-brooks-koepka

Eleven Sports viewers miss Brooks Koepka win US PGA Championship

Eleven Sports endured a challenging start to life as Britain’s newest sports broadcaster after its coverage of the US PGA Championship encountered technical problems, which included some viewers missing Brooks Koepka’s decisive putt.

Eleven Sports’ coverage received criticism, with users complaining on social media about everything from a lack of log-in information to microphones picking up noises from American commentators.

More significantly there were problems with the video feed. On Friday, viewers watching on Facebook were confronted with a blank screen, while on Sunday night the desktop service cut out just as Koepka was on the 18th green.

Eleven Sports need to do a deal with Virgin Media and Sky in order to be a success.

Relying on a streaming only service will be a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Haven't had any issues with this. All good for Serie A launch!

Relying on a streaming only service is the future IMHO. I'll be here complaining when/if there are any problems with the service but for now I'm very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Worked faultlessly through Apple TV all weekend. Anyone complaining about picture quality needs to check their own internet quality/settings in the first instance. There was nothing wrong with the picture or the stream as far as I am concerned. Similar story in my father-in-laws house also using the same set up.

Unfortunately I am just not that into La Liga or Serie A to bother with a subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭swoofer

How did you get it on apple TV??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

swoofer wrote: »
    How did you get it on apple TV??

Think people said it was from ipad via airplay

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭mike2084

Mentioned on a DS thread that it was said on TalkSport this afternoon that they are 'hopeful' of being on Sky and BT soon. No mention of Virgin.

Check out from post no 1738 onwards.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2289448/new-eleven-sports-channel-to-launch-in-august/p70

Eleven Sports 2 starts today at 5:00pm it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

icdg wrote: »
    Eleven Sports 2 starts today at 5:00pm it seems.

Starts where????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Starts where????

On their website/app I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Currently 275 watching La Liga: Girona vs Valladolid on FB live

Can’t see many being tempted into the full subscription. As others have said, a carriage deal with Sky & Virgin is necessary sooner rather than later

snowblind wrote: »
    Haven't had any issues with this. All good for Serie A launch!

Relying on a streaming only service is the future IMHO. I'll be here complaining when/if there are any problems with the service but for now I'm very happy.

How a live sport streaming app can launch without casting support is beyond ridiculous tbh. If watching games on phones is the future, then it's not a great future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

namloc1980 wrote: »
    How a live sport streaming app can launch without casting support is beyond ridiculous tbh. If watching games on phones is the future, then it's not a great future.

I saw a bit of the facebook feed last night on playback...quite a jittery picture compared to satellite.
    There is definitely an issue with the screen refresh rate with streaming. You notice it most in a hurling match where the sliotar is like a meteorite.

• Advertisement

I saw a bit of the facebook feed last night on playback...quite a jittery picture compared to satellite.
    There is definitely an issue with the screen refresh rate with streaming. You notice it most in a hurling match where the sliotar is like a meteorite.

It'll always be worse than a HD satellite feed. Not being able to watch it on a big screen makes it a billion times worse again. I use plenty of streaming services like NFL Gamepass / Netflix but this one has to be the worst of the lot - no smart TV app, no Chromecast support, no PS4 app etc. Absolute rubbish. Won't be signing up until they drastically improve the offering.

Advertisement