Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eleven Sports - Down to La Liga - hands back Serie A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭batistuta9

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Huge problem if no Chromecast support. Zero interest in watching games on my phone or tablet. All they say on twitter is it'll be available "soon" after launch. Doesn't sound encouraging to be honest.

You could still cast it from chrome on a PC etc.
    Or cast your screen on android, that isn't ideal as it'll use a lot of battery but it'll work

sugarman wrote: »
    €60 ain't bad, I've an android TV so might give the app a try see if it works on that then I might bite.

That and Freesports on FTA satellite will give me weekly access to Italian Serie A, Spanish La Liga and Segunda, Dutch Eredivisie, Portuguese Primeria Liga, Belgium Pro, Swedish Allsvenska, Argentina Primeria division, Chinese Super League. The odd league of Ireland game and dozens of Internationals.

More than enough. I don't care for the EPL outside of the big games, which I usually head to the pub for anyway.

Freesports haven't showed any so far this season for some reason.

None on next Friday, Saturday or early Sunday either, guides only up to 6pm
    Belgium will be 3rd week then, Portugal starting with benfica playing on Friday, Porto on sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

batistuta9 wrote: »
    You could still cast it from chrome on a PC etc.
    Or cast your screen on android, that isn't ideal as it'll use a lot of battery but it'll work

Shouldn't really have to tbh. Casting support in the app should be a given these days. Anyway don't have a PC or a laptop. And screen mirroring is always worse quality wise than native casting, plus the phone/tablet is unusable while tied up with screen mirroring.

sugarman wrote: »
    I hadn't even checked, theres currently an overgrown tree partially blocking my dish that needs trimming before I cant watch it again.

It looks like they've lost Belgian league coverage tho going by their site, so that prob explains why they haven't shown any of that. Portuguese league only starts back on the weekend and thats still listed so theres prob a game on next weekend. They've also Copa do Brasil listed too but cant see any scheduled anywhere.

it's been too warm for gardening :pac:

No Portuguese next weekend or Fri/sat of the following weekend on the guide on the site
    No sign of liga 2 either

They're showing 1 Brazilian cup game live from 3 possible & replaying only 1 more, the one that KOs at the same time as the live one. Maybe premier have the other two. 15th & 16th it's on

Might be cutting back on showing football if it's not getting numbers.
    Though they're starting a highlights program for the national league on Monday nights, 8-8:30/tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

One game per week from both Serie A and La Liga will be shown for free on their Facebook page:

http://twitter.com/ElevenSports_UK/status/1026419286896766976

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Still no sign of Chromecast support, only "coming soon"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What are they transmitting to UK & Ireland? Only La Liga & Serie A???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Will you be to watch eleven on a smart tv with an app?

What are they transmitting to UK & Ireland? Only La Liga & Serie A???

Also Eredivisie, and the Swedish and Chinese Leagues. No TV company appears to be showing Ligue 1 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

MD1990 wrote: »
    Will you be to watch eleven on a smart tv with an app?

Most smart tvs should have a facebook app and if they don't you can chromecast facebook.
    If your smart tv has a browser you could create a tab for the eleven website I guess and stream that way. A bit tedious though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

One game per week from both Serie A and La Liga will be shown for free on their Facebook page:

http://twitter.com/ElevenSports_UK/status/1026419286896766976

Some more details here:

http://elevensports.com/eleven-sports-makes-facebook-its-free-to-air-partner-in-uk-ireland/

Also...they do know this golf is on Thursday, right? It being their “official launch event” and all that, given their dependency on apps/streaming for now you think they’d give people time to sign up and download the app and all. Never mind, the Irish Times has a bit of a piece on it this morning...

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/golf/a-major-broadcasting-departure-us-pga-golf-goes-online-1.3587381?mode=amp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

I can find any mention of the 3pm La Liga kick offs. Will these games be available to Irish customers?

Saturday 3pm (or 4pm rather) isn’t a “default” kick off time in La Liga like it is in England. There are only two games kicking off in that time slot in the entire first four rounds of La Liga (Celta Vigo v Atletico Madrid on Sat 1/9 and Real Sociedad v Barcelona on Sat 15/9) and that’s as far as La Liga have announced kick off times for.

Will they be shown here? Probably not. Eleven haven’t announced anything seperate for Ireland. They are only planning on showing ten live matches each weekend though from the looks of the first three weeks that won’t always break down 50/50 between La Liga and Serie A (and in fact there’ll be a Dutch game in there too).

Just to add on the facebook with chromecast.
    You have to go into the video first before you can cast it. Just checked out a video there on the eleven sports page on facebook. Good quality on the tv. Live streaming who knows.

Wasn't easy finding the page.
    Type in eleven sports uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jelutong

Tried casting it using an Apple TV. Good quality on the tv. But live streaming is the true test as Tigerandahalf says.

Just to add on the facebook with chromecast.
    You have to go into the video first before you can cast it. Just checked out a video there on the eleven sports page on facebook. Good quality on the tv. Live streaming who knows.

Wasn't easy finding the page.
    Type in eleven sports uk.

They claim it'll be 1920 x 1080, which presumably is the best standard of HD, but good luck with that if you're in a rural area, or anywhere in general with slow broadband.

Wait and see really. I stream the eir/bt sports and I do find it hard to watch hurling compared to linear tv as the action on the screen changes so much and so quickly. Soccer is a slower game and it is fine.

Not having chromecast ready to go is poor though.

Now TV is 720p and I find the picture quality better than eir's streams. So if this is in HD it could be decent but it will be interesting to see if there is a drag effect when the ball is hit quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Subs are open now, just signed up!

On the website itself, is it?

elevensports.uk (Forgot to add that)

Official launch tomorrow according to CS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭mike2084

Eleven Sports has launched it's UK and Ireland website today:
    https://www.elevensports.uk/

Also the Racing Post are reporting that the lack of television coverage of the PGA has resulted in a large drop in betting on the tournament. Bookmakers are even hoping that Radio Five Live will cover it!

https://www.racingpost.com/sport/gol...ionship/341640

mike2084 wrote: »
    Eleven Sports has launched it's UK and Ireland website today:
    https://www.elevensports.uk/

Also the Racing Post are reporting that the lack of television coverage of the PGA has resulted in a large drop in betting on the tournament. Bookmakers are even hoping that Radio Five Live will cover it!

https://www.racingpost.com/sport/gol...ionship/341640

Signed up about an hour ago, contacted CS about App to see when its live, the site shouldnt be live till tomorrow. I expect it to either go down or move to .co.uk tomorrow

So La Liga TV on Eleven! I also have La liga TV on another sub (DOnt ask) and Elevens feed is about 5 seconds behind. QUality isnt great so far. Its better on the other sub I have. Strange! Not an official launch yet so Ill hold my full opinion until that happens

Their La Liga channel is now showing Melbourne City v some Indian team, assume this is due to Girona in same tournament but commentary is terrible!

The app is now live on playstore. Tested for tge last hour. Works great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭bren2001

Crazy it's not compatible with Android TV!

Somehow, over on iOS, the only Eleven Sports app I can see appears to be the Italian one.

Downloaded from the play store. Could only see an on demand stream. €60 for the year. Unless they add other sports I doubt I will subscribe. But always possible to use a month pass if something decent is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Makes two of us!

The iOS app has finally arrived, the day before launch. The ability to subscribe as an IAP is an interesting one - can see a lot of impulse buys on the day of El Classico. Presumably you don’t get the benefit of the free trial if you subscribe that way and payment is handled by iTunes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,477 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

If you can sub using IAP does that mean if you're on 3 you could use your credit?

Advertisement