Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eleven Sports - Down to La Liga - hands back Serie A

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

That’s what they went to the trouble of issuing a press release to say...

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭fman

Just after checking their FAQs and unless I'm missing something that others are seeing, I haven't seen them specifically say that casting will be available.
    And before anyone days it's 2018, surely it will be possible, you would hope so but look at examples like the rte player.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

70 euro not bad if you get eleven on sky as well as its online subscription.

That's the risk, no guarantee they will be on sky or that this sub would open it up on that platform.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Has anybody been able to actually sign up. When I look for the iOS app I can’t get it. Maybe I am doing something stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭batistuta9

fman wrote: »
    Just after checking their FAQs and unless I'm missing something that others are seeing, I haven't seen them specifically say that casting will be available.
    And before anyone days it's 2018, surely it will be possible, you would hope so but look at examples like the rte player.

they've the chromecast logo on the bottom of the faq page

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

fman wrote: »

On twitter they said Chromecast support won't be available for launch but "soon" after.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I see it is €59.99 for the year including a €10 discount, according to the42.ie.

I wonder will many sign up? A lot of people must be just casual watchers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

I wonder will many sign up? A lot of people must be just casual watchers.

If it's not on the Sky platform/EPG I won't be signing up.

A lot of people will only really miss El Classico.

The problem now is that the various subscription are mounting up:
    - Sky
    - eir Sport
    - Eleven Sports
    - Potentially Virgin Media Sport - though there’s nothing on it not available elsewhere.
    - Netflix
    - Prime Video
    - YouTube Red

It’s getting to the stage where people will need to pick and choose what they really want. Taking all these subscriptions is way too costly.

Still, Eleven is relatively cheap if your main interest is continental football. It’s quarter the price of the eir Sport pack and less than two months of Sky Sports. But if like me you only really tuned into La Liga for El Classico and the odd other game, maybe not so good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

icdg wrote: »

- Sky
    - eir Sport
    - Eleven Sports
    - Potentially Virgin Media Sport - though there’s nothing on it not available elsewhere.
    - Netflix
    - Prime Video
    - YouTube Red

It’s getting to the stage where people will need to pick and choose what they really want. Taking all these subscriptions is way too costly.

Still, Eleven is relatively cheap if your main interest is continental football. It’s quarter the price of the eir Sport pack and less than two months of Sky Sports. But if like me you only really tuned into La Liga for El Classico and the odd other game, maybe not so good value.

Thankfully, only have Eir personally - price point seems reasonable if they agree carriage terms on the TV platform.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    prices announced:
    annual €69.99 (£60) - promo
    monthly €7.99 (£6.99)
    pga only €7.99 - 4 days i think :confused:
    https://www.elevensports.uk/packages?type=0

no sign of Real or Barca passes. prices seem fair converted too

looks to online + apps/casting for now. they'll need to test for weeks anyway if they're going on sky, right?

Just to say they’ve now taken that site down again. Instead, this page seems to indicate slightly lower prices and the PGA for free.
    http://elevensports.com/eleven-sports-monthly-pass-available-for-just-5-99-per-month-in-uk-e6-99-per-month-in-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭bren2001

Just to say they’ve now taken that site down again. Instead, this page seems to indicate slightly lower prices and the PGA for free.
    http://elevensports.com/eleven-sports-monthly-pass-available-for-just-5-99-per-month-in-uk-e6-99-per-month-in-ireland/

Looks like you've to sign up for a month, first 7 days are a free trial and you cancel before the end of that?

- Sky
    - eir Sport
    - Eleven Sports
    - Netflix
    - Prime Video
    - YouTube Red

Gave up Sky Sports a few years ago as I lost interest in the EPL and Monday night games of Stoke versus West Brom. Sky Sports has nothing else of interest for me other than NFL so I have NFL Game Pass for that. Get eir and BT Sports free with eir. And I'll probably get Eleven alright - Serie A especially is getting more interesting the last few years. Beyond that couldn't justify a huge number of subscriptions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭BurnUp78

I love me some Spanish and Italian football so this is looking like a definite sub for me. But to justify all these subscriptions I'll have to be offing Netflix and Spotify.

I like people's set up here of having virgin TV + plus eir broadband to get the bt sport pack for free but I did a speed check for eir at my address and they can offer me 2mb download speeds.. seriously? I thought my 24mb deal with Vodafone was bad enough. Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    I love me some Spanish and Italian football so this is looking like a definite sub for me. But to justify all these subscriptions I'll have to be offing Netflix and Spotify.

I like people's set up here of having virgin TV + plus eir broadband to get the bt sport pack for free but I did a speed check for eir at my address and they can offer me 2mb download speeds.. seriously? I thought my 24mb deal with Vodafone was bad enough. Ffs.

That does not make sense as both those providers use the same infrastructure, so their connection speed would be the same.

They've tweeted this morning that they'll show 20 live games per week, which would suggest at a minimum 5 La Liga and 5 Serie A games in each round.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

They've tweeted this morning that they'll show 20 live games per week, which would suggest at a minimum 5 La Liga and 5 Serie A games in each round.

****ing hell. Not complaining.

- Sky
    - eir Sport
    - Eleven Sports
    - Netflix
    - Prime Video
    - YouTube Red

there was a guy on newstalk breakfast y'day saying it'll cost about €2000 now for all the sports subs. it's not that much but over 1000 anyway at full price

yesterday they were saying 10 matches. that didn't go down well.

two weeks time we'll know as la liga & serie a are both back. eredivise next w'kend.
    couldn't you watch all la liga on sky? as all the games KO at different times.

there seems to some miscommunication somewhere, between that & the link i posted being removed & updated, etc.
    their polish app hasn't chromecast yet

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Why can’t they have chromecast from day one when they release the app.

Have been getting certificate errors on their .UK site yesterday and today too ( blocked by chrome).
    Wouldn't fill me with a lot of confidence ahead of the golf on Thursday or for a company who seem to be serving all their content through the same site.

They only had the .uk site up briefly on Friday before they took it down, now redirecting to the .com site.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Will the app support Chromecast does anyone know please?

A question I raised too and looking back over the answers here, I wouldn't hold my breath. Someone quoted a Twitter post using the dreaded "coming soon".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Them prices are decent. Interesting to see if the ufc would be covered by that if they get it.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Them prices are decent. Interesting to see if the ufc would be covered by that if they get it.

The early bird €60 would cover you for all sports for the year.

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Why can’t they have chromecast from day one when they release the app.

Huge problem if no Chromecast support. Zero interest in watching games on my phone or tablet. All they say on twitter is it'll be available "soon" after launch. Doesn't sound encouraging to be honest.

I wonder what is the future for these streaming apps as in what platform they will be on. Is Chromecast here to stay or will all tvs be forced to use some sort of neutral platform so all apps can be accessed on the tvs themselves.

• Advertisement

Ya android tv is a good choice but I find the Chromecast great for going on holidays. There is great flexibility with it, just pop it in a bag.

Advertisement