Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eleven Sports - Down to La Liga - hands back Serie A

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Can you do that normally? I know in some jurisdictions it’s possible but I’ve never been with an Irish Network that offered it.

Usually it’s the debit/credit card linked to your iTunes account, or an iTunes gift card, or PayPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jelutong

dulpit wrote: »
    If you can sub using IAP does that mean if you're on 3 you could use your credit?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Good to see that the IOS app allows airplay to an Apple TV. Streaming quality looks to be very good on an iPad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Any word on commentary teams for the football?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Good to see that the IOS app allows airplay to an Apple TV. Streaming quality looks to be very good on an iPad.

No apple TV app?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Any word on commentary teams for the football?

Hopefully its not this guy ..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭lertsnim

So long as it isn't Gerry Armstrong.

Kevin Keatings, apparently.

Put on the golf on their Facebook stream. Just running promos and freezing every 5 seconds or so. Not a good start for Eleven Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭bren2001

lertsnim wrote: »
    Put on the golf on their Facebook stream. Just running promos and freezing every 5 seconds or so. Not a good start for Eleven Sports.

In fairness, nobody cares about the range warm ups, if they continue this nonsense during the featured groups, that's a different story.

The freezing is obviously not acceptable, however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭Zardoz

lertsnim wrote: »

Its quarter past 8 in the morning in the US ,coverage wont start proper for a few more hours at least .

bren2001 wrote: »
    In fairness, nobody cares about the range warm ups, if they continue this nonsense during the featured groups, that's a different story.

The freezing is obviously not acceptable, however.

The freezing is the issue, not the content.
    Zardoz wrote: »
    Its quarter past 8 in the morning in the US ,coverage wont start proper for a few more hours at least .

The stream has switched to golf now.
    Still freezing though. Not a good advert for a company who is selling subscriptions for a streaming service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Yes - the picture is HD TV standard, and the sound has been fixed now, but they really need to sort out the buffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Watching PGA feature group coverage on fb live ( McIlroy Woods Thomas) and casting it to tv. Bit glitchy but watchable. Anybody watching on Eleven sports website?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭swoofer

I'm watching on a PC monitor 23" via website and its nearly hd quality but it glitches a bit. I also got it on apple tv via iphone mirroring and it stutters.

I think its a CRP way to watch tv and I will cancel on monday. I'm going to try satellite later even if its a foreign language. And then if no good, I'll give PGA a miss.

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    Watching PGA feature group coverage on fb live ( McIlroy Woods Thomas) and casting it to tv. Bit glitchy but watchable. Anybody watching on Eleven sports website?

Yes - more out of curiosity before the soccer coverage, rather than any huge interest in golf. To check the freezing wasn't down to my broadband, went to the Euronews website, clicked on their live stream, and that played uninterrupted as per the linear TV channel.

Interestingly, the Facebook feed is now streaming perfectly.

Can view on my mobile, but web browser on my LG TV doesn’t want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭fman

No I've read before that the web os browser isn't designed for streaming and I think has measures coded to crash out when attempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Interestingly, the Facebook feed is now streaming perfectly.

Using same but it's far from perfect.

• Advertisement

Got it via my browser.

Very good stream of the US PGA.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Using same but it's far from perfect.

Any news on chromecast capability for eleven sports?

Not available.

Big drawback.

Using a hdmi cable to connect my lappy up to the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭iancairns

I'm using app on phone. Can't see any way to Chromecast for me :(

Using Airplay2 I can play on Sonos, that a possibility but not what ya want

Not available.

Big drawback.

I agree it’s a big drawback. Ridiculous having to do that..Facebook live has chromecast but only showing first two days. Perfect reception btw..no glitching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I thought you could watch the golf this weekend for free. I created an account but I can't watch anything without choosing the annual or monthly sub.

Patww79 wrote: »
    I thought you could watch the golf this weekend for free. I created an account but I can't watch anything without choosing the annual or monthly sub.

Go to their Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭bren2001

Patww79 wrote: »

Youve 7 days to cancel the monthly sub without being charged. That's how its free. Thursday and Friday is free on Eleven Sports facebook page.

Not available.

Big drawback.

I agree it’s a big drawback. Ridiculous having to do that..Facebook live has chromecast but only showing first two days. Perfect reception btw..no glitching.

Had thought perhaps my connection was to blame with the website, but tried RTE Player to compare, and that played perfectly, like Eleven Facebook, so the more technically-minded on here can analyse that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Picture quality airplayed to a 46" full HD screen is excellent. Pity there isn't a native apple tv app yet.

Advertisement